• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Change Minecraft Account Email

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Infamous6951

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Is there a way to change the email associated with your Minecraft account? I had a friend set up my account but he registered it to his email, and I need it registered to mine. I know I can change the email associated with my forums account, but I want my actual Minecraft one changed.

Register or log in to remove.

nachtgoblin24

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

I´m having the same problem and i looked around on the net very long but i did not find an occlusion the only thing is to send an mail about your problem to [email protected]
I´ve also done it and now I´m waiting for an answer

wannabedeveloper
  • Minecraft: Devian50

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:50 AM

Sorry bud but I don't think Mojang will change your email. Most likely for security reasons because you have literally NO PROOF that you are the real owner of the account. For all they know you could be trying to steal someone's minecraft account.
@TheDevian50 be mah name. Minecraft is my game!
Posted Image

voordal
    voordal

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5680 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:53 AM

Actually if you go to minecraft.net and go to the support site... It says very clearly.. No. You cannot change it.
Did your world disappear from minecraft? Is it corrupt? Lags? Can't move? "Saving Chunks" Crash? Crashes when you open chests? It can be saved!
Minecraft Saver World Recovery Website: http://mcsaver.net.  Recover and save your precious worlds! Over 1500 saved!

Infamous6951

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

wannabedeveloper, you can indeed prove that it is my account by sending my friend who made it a confirmation email asking if it's okay to change the email associated with it. If he accepts, then it proves that it's okay.

Gringo_Starr

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

View PostInfamous6951, on 14 October 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

wannabedeveloper, you can indeed prove that it is my account by sending my friend who made it a confirmation email asking if it's okay to change the email associated with it. If he accepts, then it proves that it's okay.

Most of the people I've seen requesting an email change are doing so because their current email has been 'hacked'. So in that scenario, it would mean the person controlling your email account could transfer your Minecraft account to another email, and there would be nothing you could do even if you recovered your email account.

There isn't really any secure, non-exploitable way to implement an email change without Mojang storing more information about its users, at the moment as far as I know they have a login, password, email address and transaction ID.

View PostPhoinex567, on 19 March 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hm I Want To Make A Endless age like minecraft But I Want it to be diffrent I'm thinking And I know It's gonna Have Something from like A diffrent game But Kinda Has Like Other Stuff Completely Diffrent I Got To think.

phaugland

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

They only way to change the email address on with your Minecraft account is to hack into their user database and change it. Which is sadly what someone did to me and now i am unable to recover my account.