Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How To Write A Mod

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

matthg96
  • Minecraft: Matthg96

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

Hello, I have been playing MC for about 10 months now and have been interested in writing a simple mod for a while.  I have knowledge of writing web code with html and xhtml and understand this stuff quite well.  All I am wondering is how I can get started on my macbook.  I have found out how to write the java code from videos but have not found out at all how to get what I need and how to get it set up.  If you could link me to anything that would be great (or just tell me in a reply).  Thank you for your help.
If my post has at all been helpful then I would really appreciate a nice +1 in the bottom right hand corner.  Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Register or log in to remove.

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

View Postmatthg96, on 11 October 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

Hello, I have been playing MC for about 10 months now and have been interested in writing a simple mod for a while.  I have knowledge of writing web code with html and xhtml and understand this stuff quite well.  All I am wondering is how I can get started on my macbook.  I have found out how to write the java code from videos but have not found out at all how to get what I need and how to get it set up.  If you could link me to anything that would be great (or just tell me in a reply).  Thank you for your help.

I'm not a Java coder, but I do know that you'll need something like Eclipse (although Eclipse is for Windows, so you'll have to find another IDE). There's also something called MCP - Minecraft Coder Pack, which helps. Sorry about the undetailed-ness, but that's all I know.
Good luck!

Minecraft Coder Pack:

Posted Image