• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Computer With Operating system and programmers support!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

My aim is to create a computer that everybody can use. I don't really mind how powerful it can be, but I think it would be cool. It will be easy to make using some mods, such as wireless redstone or other redstone mods (you can use the ones you want). I wanted also to create a cpu that is easy to program. And a very simple operating system.
The space is not a problem, in fact, I know a way to use more chunks. We can share it with dropbox.

The specs would be:

- 80x60 16:9 High definition screen (if using mods) - standard definition (without using mods)
- A GPU powerful enough to run: Paint (rudimental version), Guis, and 2d games
- A CPU powerful enough to run: Paint, Games, Programs, a Calculator, 2d Games and word
- An audio card powerful enough to play music.
- At least 10 MB of disk space (read/write/format)
- An easy programmation language
- An easy operating system
- Imputs would be: Keyboard and directional keys

I just need help creating the computer. It would be revolutionary! If you want to help post here!

Register or log in to remove.

awsomemaster

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

1. if your using mods then not everybody would be able to use it, and it would be dependent on the mod creators updating their mods so it would be fairly unreliable.

2. 10 MB of disk space? 10 MB = 10,000,000 bytes 1 byte = 8 bits(flipflops) so 10MB = 80,000,000 flipflops :/

i gues everything else is technically possible but very unlikely and the lag would be horrendous, sorry for being such a downer but that's just the way things are :/

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:21 PM

With copy/paste of world edit it is possible, it will lagg a bit depending on the computer you use, also the enterprise laggs on my 1999's pc. Are you willing to help? Just to try?

xSashuhx
    xSashuhx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: xSashuhx

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Even if this was created, if you truly wanted to program something into the system, well, you really couldn't. I realize that many things are possible with redstone, but this just isn't one of them. Hear me out, people can and have made networks of redstone, giant units that have some of the same actions as the internet, that allow people on different machines to send files through a network, and have it be received. My point is, the creator of the computer would have to set different options to give the illusion of programming. That only applies if you plan on using millions upon millions of buttons as keys, but you can program something into a system if you actually go in with redstone and add your own features. Also, if you wanted to create a USB type of system, for attachable keyboards/mice.. That wouldn't be a good idea, because in order to move something like that, you have to rebuild it. Even if you did have the time to rebuild a keyboard or mouse a million times, it would be very difficult to just plunk down some redstone wiring and have it work with the system. You'd have to create adapters for your adapters adapters. A lot of this stuff may be possible with mods, but as awesomemaster mentioned, the mod would have to be updated and have new features added to it constantly, which would make it unreliable. EDIT: Also, copy & paste of world edit? Have fun with that, the c&p system on that mod is extremely sensitive. You'd have to use MCedit. Also, you'd have to have players stationed to keep all of the machine rendered, which would mean even less reliability, if there isn't 50 players online, 49 of which to keep it rendered, the machine is useless, lol. Unless the mods that you want to use are superduperawesome and make it possible to keep this machine under the 1,000 block update limit.
Check out my forum roleplaying games? ---------------- If my post helped you, mind pressing that little green button? It really does matter :D ------>

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

using superduperawesome it is possible, so why don't we make it with superduperawesome. Naturally no usb etc etc should be created. Just a keyboard connected with wires to the computer. so are you willing to help?

Jammin123

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

How do you get 10MB in minecraft without massive lag and chunk generation problems...
Posted Image

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Try 10 KB, not 10 MB. MB is impractical and you won't need that much anyway.

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Ok let's say 1 MB. That is possible right? Anyone wants to help?

A.o.s
    A.o.s

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I doubt you will be able to do this in under 3 months, even if you can plan it, which will be an extraordinary feat on its own.

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

That's 1000 KB. We can fit 4 KB in about 20 chunks at the moment. For 1 MB, you would need 6.25x the loaded number of chunks. That'd be incredibly slow, even with instant circuits which would lag your computer like hell (I'm serious, you'd bluescreen probably) I'd say 4 KB max, I'd use 1 KB. The fact is, you simply don't need that much memory, I don't think.

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Ok maybe you are right. Are you willing to help me in this epic project? Think, we could make the new redstone computers accessible to everyone!

xSashuhx
    xSashuhx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I'd be willing to help, not with the modding though, I'd do what I could with the redstone.
Check out my forum roleplaying games? ---------------- If my post helped you, mind pressing that little green button? It really does matter :D ------>

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Cool thanks, what are you able to do with redstone?

xSashuhx
    xSashuhx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Well, I've built everything from a multi-purpose, customizable PIN # generator/creator that generates keycodes that are up to 16 digits long and are entered in 2 digit segments that can be adapted to fit anything that requires a code for access, to a display box with a fully functional and easy to remove remote, which allows the user to pick which display they want to show, which includes a decoder system so that you can only have on display on at a time, unless the user flips down a seperate switch and selects two displays in order to que them up. Unfortunately, the displays are not changeable.

xSashuhx
    xSashuhx

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

I've also built a 8x8 dirt house with a cobblestone roof.

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

ok the 8x8 dirt house with cobblestone roof is the most important part! Are you able to create a cpu or a gpu?

Coolie_747

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

View PostKrekilla, on 10 October 2011 - 05:04 PM, said:

Ok let's say 1 MB. That is possible right? Anyone wants to help?
first make 1 KB, then realize how mutch that already is, then make 1 MB if you dont changed mind

some numbers:

1 KB = 1024    byte = 8192    flip flops = 14 bit memory navigation lines + 1 bit write line = 15 bit wire = 16383    blocks of linear memory = alot of work
1 MB = 1048576 byte = 8388608 flip flops = 24 bit memory navigation lines + 1 bit write line = 25 bit wire = 16777215 blocks of linear memory = a whole lot of work

edit: that would take months of generating with worldedit/mcedit

Coolie_747

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

ill help also! ill do the gpu part ok? do you run a server?

Krekilla

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

ok I think it would be better to do a map and use dropbox, I have already an account, when someone is using the map, puts a .txt file in drop box that says to everyone that the map is being used. I can also open a server for some periods of the day!

Coolie_747

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

View PostKrekilla, on 10 October 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

ok I think it would be better to do a map and use dropbox, I have already an account, when someone is using the map, puts a .txt file in drop box that says to everyone that the map is being used. I can also open a server for some periods of the day!
ok, i do only need to finish my current project before i can join the party