• Please log in to reply
6421 replies to this topic

CovertJaguar
  • Minecraft: CovertJaguar

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Description:
Have you ever wished minecarts and rails had received a bit more attention during development? Well that ends now! Gone are all those broken bits and in their place are a ton of new tools to build your massive rail system. If you ever cared about rails, you wont ever look back!

Features:
  • Crowbar - Rapid rail adjustment for the experienced rail engineer!
  • Working Signalling System - Never experience another head-on collision again!
  • Cart Linking - Make a real train!
  • Boarding and Holding Rails - Never chase your minecart again!
  • One Way Rail - Carts going the wrong way? Not anymore!
  • Control Rail - Power entire sections of track to propel carts in the direction you want!
  • Junction Rail - Putting the diamond in your rails (no actual diamonds required).
  • Launch Rail - I can see my house!
  • High Speed Rails - Get there faster! If you don't crash.
  • Wooden Rails - Jurassic Park style, only with creepers instead of dinosaurs.
  • Elevator Rail - Go up, fast.
  • TNT Cart - Explosive fun!
  • Tank Cart - The easy way to transport Buildcraft liquids!
  • Energy Cart - Convenience away from home, bring your IndustrialCraft2 power with you!
  • Tunnel Bore - Avoid the monotony of digging perfect tunnels!
  • Detector Blocks - More freedom to control your carts!
  • Loader/Unloader - Move items and liquids automatically!
  • Cart Dispenser - Convenient storage for you carts!
  • Chunk Management - Automate things even when you are not around!
  • Customizable
    • Module based system that lets you remove the parts of the mod you dislike.
    • Extensive configuration file that allows you to disable any block or item or change the way rails are crafted.
    • Full Multilingual localization support.
  • New Minecart Physics
    • Rebalanced drag rates for carts - Now your storage carts will actually reach their destination!
    • Completely new collision code - Carts can now push other carts, furnace carts are almost not useless!
  • Various Tweaks
    • Names of default minecarts simplified.
    • Improved lighting on minecarts.
    • Minecart reversal recipes. Separate that chest from that cart.
    • All rail recipes completely reworked to make an entire industry out of building a railroad. What good is Buildcraft with nothing to build? (config option)
    • Minecarts now have a max stack size of three. (config option)
    • Minecarts no longer break into separate parts when destroyed. (config option)
    • Minecarts no longer collide with items at normal speeds. (config option)
Pictures:
Spoiler:

Railcraft Blog/Forum
Railcraft Wiki
IRC: #railcraft (esper.net)

Download Railcraft:
All downloads have been moved to the website. You can find them on the Download Page.

Change Logs:
Please see the wiki for information on Railcraft versions.

Compatibility:
  • ID Requirements - This mod currently uses six block IDs. The Loader/Unloaders/Dispenser are combined under the Utility ID, and the Detector blocks under another. The new Rails are under the third, except for the Elevator Rails which required their own block ID. Posts/Signals/Switches are all under the Structure ID. The World Anchor/Concrete Block/Steel Block are under the Cube ID. Block IDs can be changed or disabled in the config file "%appdata%/.minecraft/config/railcraft.cfg".
  • TMI - If you experience odd behavior when using TMI to spawn in blocks and items from Railcraft, please don't post it in this thread. It just adds confusion. Thanks.
  • Zombie's Modpack - You must use the Forge compatibility patch provided in the Zombie thread.
  • ID Resolver - Don't change the id of the basic minecart, chestcart, or Furnace Cart items. If you get normal rails when placing advanced rails delete your ID Resolver settings and start over.
  • Singleplayer Commands - If SPC is installed you may be unable to break minecarts and Bore Heads break instantly. Seems to be related to commands such as /instantkill and /itemdamage.
  • Buildcraft - I am unable to test all possible combinations, if you are curious about specific version compatibility just test it, but make sure you installed everything correctly before experimenting with versions not listed. Deleting the Buildcraft folder in the Railcraft zip file may increase your chances of compatibility, but only do this as a last resort. Versions listed as compatible were only tested to ensure that the game loaded and Tank Carts were functional while using the bare minimum of Buildcraft. There may still be issues in parts untested. If you encounter problems with a version listed as compatible, please make a post after following the support procedure detailed at the bottom of this post.
  • Steve's Carts - Fully compatible. Find it here.
  • Minecart Speed Recorder - Should work. Find it here.
  • Trains Mod - Fully compatible. Find it here.
  • Better than Wolves - No longer compatible due to BTW withdrawing from Forge.
  • Other Mods - Most mods that are Forge compatible should work fine. If a problem occurs it can most likely be fixed once identified.

Warning: The information below is not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see the wiki for more complete information.

Some things in the mod:
See wiki for full listing.
Spoiler:

Notes on the Furnace Cart:
Thanks to the new collision code, Furnace carts can push other carts. It has been tested with up to five carts. The results indicate that while it can push up slopes and around curves, there are occasional glitches in which it will lose a cart or reverse directions. Mobs or items on the rails are often the cause, but sections with both slopes and corners can be a problem too. More work will be done to solve these issues, but for now I recommend well lit straight tracks with few elevation changes and something to keep the sheep and chickens away.

Planned Features:
  • New Rails - Yes, more are coming, but I'm taking ideas too! Most of the following ideas were provided by users.
    • Trap Rail - Similar to Suspended Rails but will drop the cart if powered by redstone.
    • Hidden Rail - A block that can be submerged in water or lava or pushed by pistons that possesses a retractable rail on top. (No this does not mean you can run minecarts underwater).
    • Laser Rails - A high tech energy rail that extends between two blocks. Powered by the IC2 power grid.
    • Steam Bridge - A Steam Powered Bridge that can extend/retrach.
  • More configuration options.
  • Addons for other Forge mods.
  • Improved rail rendering, someday.
Servers Running Railcraft
Servers running Railcraft can be found here.

Texture Packs:
Texture packs for Railcraft can be found here.

Banners:
Spoiler:

Support:

Read the FAQs First!

• I will not answer questions twice! Read the thread for solutions. If its a common problem I will post it in the FAQs or Compatibility section. Check the wiki for more detailed instructions on how to obtain support.
  • If installation failed, DO IT AGAIN WITH A FRESH JAR!
  • If you are using the Technic Pack, you will have to go ask them if you have issues. I don't offer support for Technic Pack users.
  • Do not install any other mods until you know Railcraft is working and installed properly. This will help me know if the problem is a conflict with another mod. Once you are sure everything works with just Railcraft installed, add your other mods one at a time and test thoroughly after you install each one. The more information you have when you come to me with your problem, they more likely it will be that I can help you.
  • If you still have a problem, post your ForgeModloader-xxxx.log and/or crash report in this thread along with a thorough description of your installation procedure and the problem. Helpful information includes version, SSP, SMP, or Bukkit, and OS. Please use spoiler and code tags when posting modloader.txt and crash logs.
    If you don't post the ForgeModloader-xxxx.log. I cant help you. Period.

Posted Image

Special Thanks:
  • The Forge Team for the awesome API.
  • smbarbour for the awesome Bukkit ports.
  • Direwolf20 for the excellent videos and occasional bug hunting.
  • Jeet for excellent videos and many ideas.
  • Bechill for helping get the wiki and IRC off the ground.
  • DizzyDragon for allowing me to incorporate the Elevator Tracks.
  • Foreplaying for the great Overalls texture.
  • Azanor for letting me use his Goggle texture as a base for the Trackman's Goggles.
  • eragonn1490 and KingLemmingCoFH for suggesting API improvements.
  • Chicken_bones and mistaqur for NEI support.
  • SirSengir for the Railcraft Forum.
  • xXxN4BxXx, Cassiobsk8, francogp, and AskaRa for tranlations.
Legal Stuff:
For the complete list of legal info, please see Legal Info at the Railcraft Wiki.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

CDF
    CDF

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Pics please.

and this WILL NOT work with BTW's minecart(maybe minefactory)
I started raising dragons again, so please click them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

pwnedgod
    pwnedgod

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1843 posts
  • Minecraft: pwnedgod

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

This will be a nice mod for my gameplay. Btw will this work with better than wolves? Cus better than wolves changes minecart a little bit.
Too addicted with Counter-Strike: Source for some reason...
Posted Image

Tolyboy
    Tolyboy

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

wow awesome :D
Posted Image

Pyrocantaes

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

oooh this looks really interesting...

Have you tested with BTW?
For you chunks problem take a look at the Build Craft Teleport/Additional Pipes mod ... he has a chunk loader that should do everything you need..
Intelligent people ask stupid questions - stupid people don't ask.
Posted Image

CovertJaguar

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

I haven't tested it, but I believe that it will simply replace any changes BTW makes to minecarts. The BTW detector rails should work I think, but like I said before placement will be quirky. As for the Hopper, I have no idea.
Posted Image

lightice11

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

I think it should work for BTW because you can disable the changes BTW makes to mine cart speeds in its config file.

Edit: I really like this mod and it made it even better that it is Forge compatible. :D

makermod1
    makermod1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

pretty cool mod, would you be able to make a handcart and mabye cuplings?? I have no clue how hard it would be but a handcart and being able to make a train by cupling them together would be pretty cool....
Posted Image

CovertJaguar

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:19 PM

View Postmakermod1, on 10 October 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

pretty cool mod, would you be able to make a handcart and mabye cuplings?? I have no clue how hard it would be but a handcart and being able to make a train by cupling them together would be pretty cool....

I don't know about a handcart, but cart linking is planned.
Posted Image

makermod1
    makermod1

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

View PostCovertJaguar, on 10 October 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

I don't know about a handcart, but cart linking is planned.
oh nice.... that would be a first for a mod, would be very very useful, :D
Posted Image

rsdworker

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

looks cool - its sounds a good system :)
Posted Image

CovertJaguar

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Looked at Minefactory, should work alright, I think.
Posted Image

Jackster35

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

Looks really cool, I'll give it a try later. :)

Timtower
    Timtower

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

maybe some kind of tool to rotate the sections? it is really anoying that the parts face one side if build incorrect

CovertJaguar

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

View PostTimtower, on 10 October 2011 - 03:21 PM, said:

maybe some kind of tool to rotate the sections? it is really anoying that the parts face one side if build incorrect

Well I wanted to avoid making another wrench, but I suppose I could. =P

I've never had any trouble placing rails though. Just face the direction you wish them to be placed.
Posted Image

Timtower
    Timtower

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:36 PM

suggestion : make a detector for all kind of carts

Ket
    Ket

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:56 PM

Nice changes to the minecart collisions, sadly if you use BTW it will crash upon activating any of the detector rails it got with a class cast exception:
Spoiler:

Pyrocantaes

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

View PostKet, on 10 October 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

Nice changes to the minecart collisions, sadly if you use BTW it will crash upon activating any of the detector rails it got with a class cast exception:
Read up - there are specific comments about turning off BTW's minecart modifying behaviour...
Intelligent people ask stupid questions - stupid people don't ask.
Posted Image

Ket
    Ket

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

View PostPyrocantaes, on 10 October 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

Read up - there are specific comments about turning off BTW's minecart modifying behaviour...
That has nothing to do with BTWs minecart edits, that just changes the de-acceleration of the carts in the EntityMinecart class
and anyway I got that turned off.
This is an error causes by this mod overriding the default minecart classes, which breaks the detector rails in BTW as they extend the default detector rail

MASTERINGS_SOUL
  • Minecraft: MASTERINGS_SOUL

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:14 PM

wow this seems amazeing but if you add magnet cartys and magnet rails it can open up new
rollar coater possabilitys like magnet ones can go ion the side and updide down magnet carts are to be used on magnet rails
the stay on them normal ones would just fall if on side or up side down
let me know if you like idea :D
MY SURVIVAL ISLAND LINK!
plz don't discriminate about my spelling i know it sucks but i try my best