Stuck in the Nether... oh my.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

boohoo
    boohoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Location: I'll tell you where I'm not! I'm not in my first home because I lost it :(
  • Minecraft: EvolutionOZ

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

Hi,

Ok so I made a portal, jumped through, got my first glimpse of the nether, game crashed, reloaded and now the portal door is gone and i'm stuck in the nether... it's lovely and all but would rather like to return upside where my buildings are please.

Any suggestions on how to get out? I have no more  :) on me... does the nether have any? (haven't seen any yet.)

Looking forward for any help  :RFlower:
Build a zombie a fire and you keep him warm one night, set a zombie on fire and you keep him warm the rest of his life.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Snake
    Snake

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1764 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:17 AM

Have a Flint and Steel? Just relight it. If not, you're stuck in the Nether.

If you really are desperate to get out, however, use INVEdit and edit in a Flint and Steel to relight the portal.

boohoo
    boohoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Location: I'll tell you where I'm not! I'm not in my first home because I lost it :(

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:21 AM

Snake said:

Have a Flint and Steel? Just relight it. If not, you're stuck in the Nether.

If you really are desperate to get out, however, use INVEdit and edit in a Flint and Steel to relight the portal.

Portal is gone, when the game crashed my portal must have reset or something because it is no longer there when I got back into the game :s I do have flint + Steel but no portal gateway anymore. Is there water in the nether? if so I have a bucket, could try and make some obsidian with all this lava and my F+S.
Build a zombie a fire and you keep him warm one night, set a zombie on fire and you keep him warm the rest of his life.
Posted Image

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

aving never died in game down below..... i wouldnt know for certain..... but if u die dont u go back to the 'spawn point'
some ppl like to kill pigs, some ppl like to kill zombies, i like to kill mountains!

Snake
    Snake

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1764 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

Well, if you don't want to be stuck in the Nether forever, download Copyboy's INVEdit if you haven't already. Load up your world in INVEdit and edit yourself 14 (the amount you need to make a portal's frame) and select "Save to World #". Then load up your world, make the portal again and light it.
@The water making obsidian idea, I'm pretty sure water evaporates once placed in the Nether. At least, that's what I've heard.

Though, your portal may bring you somewhere else in the overworld because it got "reset".

@XBel: Yes, if you die in the Nether you do go back to the overworld and your spawn point there.

boohoo
    boohoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

XBel said:

aving never died in game down below..... i wouldnt know for certain..... but if u die dont u go back to the 'spawn point'

.... lol did you all hear me smack my forehead where you're sitting. I can not believe I was QQing and the solution was so simple. Died, game crashed (think it really doesn't like me going to the darkside) and reloaded fine *phew* Snake I'm not a fan of generating items but that was also a smart idea as well.

Xbel & snake thank you!  :obsidian:  :iapprove:  :obsidian:
Posted Image

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

i wondered wot that sound was........ do u need an ice pack for ur head?
some ppl like to kill pigs, some ppl like to kill zombies, i like to kill mountains!

boohoo
    boohoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

XBel said:

i wondered wot that sound was........ do u need an ice pack for ur head?
Ha! No thanks, with the new changes I have access to some ice now, seriously thank you again. I did this nether exploration in my largest world and was sooking when I couldn't get out lol.
Posted Image

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

lol, no problem

thengeance

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

If you find yourself in this precarious position as I did tonight, it should be noted that the ghast's explosive shot can disable or enable your portal. I figured this out by mistake when I walked up to my inactive portal, heard a shot, and retreated in time to watch the explosion reopen my portal. I walked up towards it only to hear another shot fired, and watched as it closed the portal. So, I got him to shoot it again, then lured him away from the portal using myself as bait. Walked back up and zoned out with half a heart left.

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

thengeance said:

If you find yourself in this precarious position as I did tonight, it should be noted that the ghast's explosive shot can disable or enable your portal. I figured this out by mistake when I walked up to my inactive portal, heard a shot, and retreated in time to watch the explosion reopen my portal. I walked up towards it only to hear another shot fired, and watched as it closed the portal. So, I got him to shoot it again, then lured him away from the portal using myself as bait. Walked back up and zoned out with half a heart left.

thas all very well if all ur lacking is the flint n steel to 'relight' ya portal.....

..... he was lacking the actual 'portal' doorframe

BI0
    BI0

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • Minecraft: BI0

Posted 13 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

Just die. You should respawn in your old world :Sheep:

XBel
    XBel

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1199 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:14 PM

BI0 said:

Just die. You should respawn in your old world :P

thas the conclusion we came to over a week ago, u really should read the whole thread.....

deadnfilms

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:53 PM

thats why i dont bring anything too valuable when i go down there, if u didnt just jump in lava... and if you dont see any lava, then ur crazy...

boohoo
    boohoo

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:18 AM

XBel said:

..... he was lacking the actual 'portal' doorframe

*cough*she*cough* lol

Yeah  {SMILIES_PATH}/flintnsteel.png  wouldn't have helped because the whole doorframe was gone and I had no Obsidian so death was my only way out. I needed to go back into the Nether so as soon as I got in I dropped  :D and filled it with some emergency supplies like :Lime:  and  {SMILIES_PATH}/flintnsteel.png. It's happened to me a couple of times now but if I make the portal in the same spot topside I spawn in the nether right near my safety  :Lime: ... so now when I get stuck I just build a new one.

Darn all that tasty lightstone being in the glitchy nether.
Posted Image