• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Forestry for Minecraft, Trees, Bees and more!

• Please log in to reply
8630 replies to this topic

abinning
    abinning

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

It is very difficult to find out information on the Alveary for Forestry, especially how to make scented panels.

So....

Scented Paneling
Crafted in the Carpenter with Liquid Honey obtained by putting Hondey Drops into a Squeezer.
Liquid honey is best transferred to the carpenter with wax capsules.

.j.
bpb

j = Royal Jelly
w = wood plank
b = beeswax
p = pollen

A good video on the Alveary
Wiki Link

Register or log in to remove.

mrhashbrowns

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I could use a second opinion on a crash report. Im using the beta.

Spoiler:

GrammieFi
    GrammieFi

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1172 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Are there videos of these new farms? I haven't seen them yet, and I want to. Though... <.< >.> <.< my last farm is fully golem-ized. No forestry involved. It works great too.
Posted Image

HugeMinefan

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

check out direwolf20 Spotlight on foresttry
If i helped you!! Rep me :) --------------->
HugeMinefan

AkulaMak
    AkulaMak

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 864 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostGrammieFi, on 25 January 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

Are there videos of these new farms? I haven't seen them yet, and I want to. Though... <.< >.> <.< my last farm is fully golem-ized. No forestry involved. It works great too.
*cough* Slave Driver *cough* Just be prepared when the Golems rise up and throw off your cruel Yoke!!!!!!!!!

Arise my brother Golems.....Arise

Darksire

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hey Sengir, just came here to THANK YOU, for adding Brazil wood to the game. If you don't know, that was a very common tree down here, very valuable for it's durability and beauty, kind of a very noble wood and our country was named after it. However, the tree is now almost extinct since early 1900's, due to uncontrolled exploration of it.

I'm really pleased with that. Might be simple, but means.

Jim1971
    Jim1971

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Minecraft: Jim1971

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostAkulaMak, on 25 January 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

Arise my brother Golems.....Arise

Thanx... I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read that (laughing) ;)

Nuttyprot
    Nuttyprot

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostSirSengir, on 25 January 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

The link is in the IRC topic. Hf!

Almost finished the update to my pack for the current beta. Can expect more textures to be added before the beta goes live or would I be safe to release my updated pack?

Edit: Just seen you released it my pack has been updated.

Posted Image

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostShafted1971, on 25 January 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Thanx... I just spit my coffee all over my keyboard when I read that (laughing) Posted Image

heh, same then i saw his avatar is threatening us with a length of RJ-45 hehe :)

Starza4TW
  • Minecraft: Starza4TW

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Just saw Direwolf's Forestry 2.0 video. Look's great!!! Great work SirSengir!!!
-Starza4TW
Posted Image

bYt3M3
    bYt3M3

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

View Postmrhashbrowns, on 25 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

I could use a second opinion on a crash report. Im using the beta.

Spoiler:

Yea I'm getting this same Error cannot seem to find the problem, so sticking to older version of forestry for now then.

zombiepig333
  • Minecraft: zombiepig333

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Just checked the wiki, I think the 2.0.0.0 download is upPosted Image
My website that I try and keep updated: http://zombiepig333.com/

GeneralSCpatton
  • Minecraft: GeneralSCPatton

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Ya know, teeth contain some apatite. Perhaps we could get a mob drop from zombies and skeletons to craft into fertilizer. But then again, bones have that stuff too, so that just brings us full circle to bonemeal again.

Omega3kaa

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

These new farms are horrible, these are a downgrade to the old farms in literally every possible way.

Why should I build a huge structure that requires water, power, fertilizer, ect all to do the same job of the old farm which only needed power and it did it while harvesting 2x the area. The old ones were modular, stackable, effective. The new one is a mess that requires more time and effort then just doing the job manually by hand. Hell piston farms in base minecraft is approaching par with these.

If the old farms get removed i'm just going to switch to Thaumcraft Golems for all my farming, atleast they don't require people scouring the land for fertilizer to grow wheat.

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

View PostOmega3kaa, on 26 January 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

These new farms are horrible, these are a downgrade to the old farms in literally every possible way.

Why should I build a huge structure that requires water, power, fertilizer, ect all to do the same job of the old farm which only needed power and it did it while harvesting 2x the area. The old ones were modular, stackable, effective. The new one is a mess that requires more time and effort then just doing the job manually by hand. Hell piston farms in base minecraft is approaching par with these.

If the old farms get removed i'm just going to switch to Thaumcraft Golems for all my farming, atleast they don't require people scouring the land for fertilizer to grow wheat.

You can manufacture fertilizer without having to collect any outside resources. It really isn't that bad.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

Omega3kaa

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postdenoflions, on 26 January 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

You can manufacture fertilizer without having to collect any outside resources. It really isn't that bad.

I see Apatite + 2 sand, and Apatite + 8 ash as the only 2 ways to get it, even direwolf says you absolutely need Apatite now. Its moot regardless, It shouldn't be a requirement. If anything fertilizer should simply make crops grow faster like Steve's Cart's Farm cart works. Water should be for keeping soil wet if you don't have water blocks. The point at the end is simply every other mod currently that offers some form of automated farming is superior to Forestry now if the old farms are removed. Even manual farming via Thaumcraft Plow which rakes huge areas combinded with Red Power seed bags which plant enourmous areas is way way faster and less resource consuming.

I get that he thinks farming the current way is to easy, but that's how every other mod has balanced it. People don't want to invest absurd amounts of time and resources for food or paper. The goal of automatic anything is that the work you invest making the factory/farm will give you free time to do other things, when you can definitevlly say "I can do this by hand and i'll have saved time in the end over the automated method" thats fail in my book.

Machuis
    Machuis

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Minecraft: Machuis
  • Xbox:Off

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

Please don't get rid of the old farms. The new one are cool, but I'd much rather stick with the old farms. Other than that, cool update.
Posted Image

nukularpower

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

View PostOmega3kaa, on 26 January 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Golems can't farm trees, and it's pretty clear that the new versions are meant to require a bit more (as in, more than practically 0) effort Posted Image

I think the new farms are brilliant.  Finally, I might not have to feel bad about using Forestry.  I'm sure you're about to get a deluge of people complaining about a possible removal of EZmode, but I, for one, definately appreciate the new direction and hope you stick to it.

I get that he thinks farming the current way is to easy, but that's how every other mod has balanced it. People don't want to invest absurd amounts of time and resources for food or paper. The goal of automatic anything is that the work you invest making the factory/farm will give you free time to do other things, when you can definitevlly say "I can do this by hand and i'll have saved time in the end over the automated method" thats fail in my book.

It's not about OP, UP, or balanced, imo.  It's about not just plonking down a magic block that just does everything for you while you sit there watching a chest fill up.  Where is the gameplay value in that?  There is no challenge, and if you've played Forge mods as long as I have without constantly resetting your world, you know damn well that you rather quickly get to a point where everything is running itself and all you can do is just look around and say, "what now"?

Hopefully, stuff like this that actually encourages a bit of interaction and thought will help prevent that.  

Posted Image

WTFFFS
    WTFFFS

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

If you don't want to use fertilizer just use vanilla farming methods, intensive farming requires soil preparation\hydration I mean if you've ever seen RL farming they don't use sprinklers and super spreaders for fun.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

i honestly welcome the challenge of the new farms, i guess that's sort of one reason i like multiblock structures so much honestly, it's a good way to prod you into thinking past what you're used to, or even (in some cases not all) past the six sides of a block you can set stuff up to.