• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Forestry for Minecraft, Trees, Bees and more!

• Please log in to reply
8630 replies to this topic

airlag
    airlag

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

is there any way to tell forestry that there are other Saplings and Wood and Planks from another Mod (for example ExtraBiomesXL) so that these resources can be used in the carpenter, fermenter and so on?

Register or log in to remove.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Postairlag, on 13 November 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

is there any way to tell forestry that there are other Saplings and Wood and Planks from another Mod (for example ExtraBiomesXL) so that these resources can be used in the carpenter, fermenter and so on?

yeah the ore dictionary would handle that, not sure when we should expect to see forestry make full use of it though.

Vagabor
    Vagabor

Carpenter

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

im trying to pre6 but it crashes...works fine by itself but not with other mods.

Spoiler:

Vagabor
    Vagabor

Carpenter

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Nvm i got it working. Was conflicting with nuclear control for IC2. Is there a way to disable the copper and tin from spawning in the world in forestry?

bbcisdabomb

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

Are arboretums broken in pre6? I can't get mine to place the humus or pant saplings even if I manually place it. Any suggestions?

Miliardo

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Spiders are dropping Apiarist's pipes for me when I kill them, lots of them ._.
Are they supposed to do that?

Posted Image

Morias_Sairom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostMiliardo, on 14 November 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

Spiders are dropping Apiarist's pipes for me when I kill them, lots of them ._.
Are they supposed to do that?

Sounds like an ID conflict, although shouldn't happen with vanilla items aka string or spider eyes. Check if a mod adds something to mob drops...or change the apiarist pipe ID as that would be easier to sort.

View PostVagabor, on 13 November 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Nvm i got it working. Was conflicting with nuclear control for IC2. Is there a way to disable the copper and tin from spawning in the world in forestry?

Forestry config file, about half way down is the option to disable copper, tin and ?appetite? also the option to disable the crafting recipe for bronze if you really wish.

Miliardo

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostMorias_Sairom, on 14 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Sounds like an ID conflict, although shouldn't happen with vanilla items aka string or spider eyes. Check if a mod adds something to mob drops...or change the apiarist pipe ID as that would be easier to sort.

I came to the same conclusion and realized it was tale of kingdoms that drops money from all mobs. Problem is Tale of kingdoms doesn't have an option to change the id. I also cant find the config for Apiarist pipe, don't suppose you could point me to its location, also does it have a different name in the config? I ask because I looked through the forestry configs and can't seem to find it.

Posted Image

Servovicis

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostMiliardo, on 14 November 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

I came to the same conclusion and realized it was tale of kingdoms that drops money from all mobs. Problem is Tale of kingdoms doesn't have an option to change the id. I also cant find the config for Apiarist pipe, don't suppose you could point me to its location, also does it have a different name in the config? I ask because I looked through the forestry configs and can't seem to find it.

%appdata%/.minecraft/config/forestry/pipes.cfg

propolispipe {
   item=14000
}

Miliardo

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thank you :)

Posted Image

Sheltered

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 13 November 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

yeah the ore dictionary would handle that, not sure when we should expect to see forestry make full use of it though.

The problem is that the trees grown on Humus in a Tree farm isn't exactly the same as the normal "wild" Trees. They are Forestry versions of the trees. Adding Forestry versions of all trees in all possible mods is a little bit too much work so he would need to redesign it all.

Furious1964
  • Minecraft: Mr_Furious1964

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I wonder if you could help me? I'm looking for 64x textures for Forestry and can't seem to find them. Is there any chance you might be able to make them?
Life is a Learning Curve....
Unfortunately, you're stuck on the bottom...amongst the bones of the stupid.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

View PostSheltered, on 14 November 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

The problem is that the trees grown on Humus in a Tree farm isn't exactly the same as the normal "wild" Trees. They are Forestry versions of the trees. Adding Forestry versions of all trees in all possible mods is a little bit too much work so he would need to redesign it all.

yeah i know what you mean i think, but don't the forestry treefarms already fake it being the tree you're growing anyway? pretty sure that's why rubber saplings manage to get a damage value added to them in some versions, i'd think honestly whatever is being used to stand in for the tree while the farm is growing it should just need to be ore dictionary aware as well and your concern wouldn't be an issue if that was the case.

i'm just guessing based on what i understand of how the forestry treefarms work, but as far as i can tell that's accurate.

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 14 November 2012 - 06:19 PM, said:

i'm just guessing based on what i understand of how the forestry treefarms work, but as far as i can tell that's accurate.

I can tell you from experience that most of the time it is a huge pain to get mod plants/trees that aren't designed with Forestry in mind to behave in farm machines (this is why I don't do it often in PfF, even though I get tons of requests for it). Every developer does things differently, and while all saplings may look the same on the outside many mod ones are vastly different internally.

Mods like FarmCraftory come to mind where the plants aren't plants at all, they are more akin to machines internally and require special code to make Forestry understand them. Just throwing them into a dictionary and hoping for the best would cause more crashes than it would anything else, which is why Sengir made the machine API the way he did. You can teach the farms how to deal with things individually, it just requires some work and a lot of trial and error.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

makes sense put like that, my understanding was that forestry didn't actually try to pay attention to how they work internally and just puts up visual effects so what you see matches what comes out.

denoflions
    denoflions

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1468 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostToo-DAMN-Much, on 15 November 2012 - 01:41 AM, said:

makes sense put like that, my understanding was that forestry didn't actually try to pay attention to how they work internally and just puts up visual effects so what you see matches what comes out.

Thinking about it in theory a "Tree Dictionary" could be constructed, but it would be a bit (ok, a lot) more complicated than the Ore Dictionary. I might take a shot at writing one.
Posted Image
Twitter | IRC: #PluginsforForestry on esper.net.

Lady_Oolong

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Argh...

Is there a known issue with getting liquids out of cans? I thought the way to do it was with a squeezer, but it doesn't work with lava cans.

I was also trying to set up biogas engines with cans of Railcraft creosote oil. The engines accepted lava from the cans but not the creosote oil.  I'm using the FTB pack; not having the resources at the moment to set up a fermenter (I'm trying to get a quarry running) I tried switching to Magmatic Engines from Thermal Expansions. Those won't accept lava cans either (though it may be TE's fault; the video I saw of them only had the engines being filled with buckets. Which is why I'm trying to get the lava out of the cans...)

Too-DAMN-Much

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostLady_Oolong, on 15 November 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Argh...

Is there a known issue with getting liquids out of cans? I thought the way to do it was with a squeezer, but it doesn't work with lava cans.

I was also trying to set up biogas engines with cans of Railcraft creosote oil. The engines accepted lava from the cans but not the creosote oil.  I'm using the FTB pack; not having the resources at the moment to set up a fermenter (I'm trying to get a quarry running) I tried switching to Magmatic Engines from Thermal Expansions. Those won't accept lava cans either (though it may be TE's fault; the video I saw of them only had the engines being filled with buckets. Which is why I'm trying to get the lava out of the cans...)

i don't think it's been possible to empty a can like you can a bucket for a long time now honestly, i'm not sure if it was in the past but i'm thinking at some point it was, at any rate since you're using FTB and therefore TE, try using a liquid transposer, it's pretty much made for those "darn i wish i could manually empty cans" situations.

View Postdenoflions, on 15 November 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Thinking about it in theory a "Tree Dictionary" could be constructed, but it would be a bit (ok, a lot) more complicated than the Ore Dictionary. I might take a shot at writing one.

i wish i knew enough to add much of use to that, but if you decide to write one definitely let us know, sounds like one of those things we wonder how we lived without in retrospect. :)

45trollkaan

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Ya, it has plenty of power. Is it because i am running on pre6?

Golrith
    Golrith

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:41 PM

Are the wild beehives supposed to have a light source? Many of them emit light, making them really easy to find, especially at night and looking at the minimap.

Just an idea, why not use the ender dragon egg model/shape as the shape of the wild hives, instead of the cube at the moment?
Custom Mod pack for 1.6.4 - Omega Dawn - limited space server available! Now with forum, sign up now!
Brings back survival to minecraft, with your favorite tech/magic/adventure mods plus more!