boats evolved ships galleon sea vehicle

• Please log in to reply
1646 replies to this topic

ThesaurusRex84
  • Minecraft: ThesaurusRex84

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

POPULAR

Boats Evolved now has a Facebook! http://www.facebook....216532265096810

Alright, so there's this idea I've been working on for the past few weeks. You heard me, weeks. Basically, it's boats. Boats than you can make bigger, slap a name on, armor, choose what propulsion system it has, and carry stuff in.

The full idea is on GetSatisfaction. I really don't feel like putting the idea onto here because, frankly, it's immense. But I just wanted to know if you guys like it as well. If you do, give it a like and comment.

http://getsatisfacti..._watch_out_huge <--- The link that this post is about and everyone's talking about

Or if you don't want to go anywhere but want to see the whole entire idea, check out the spoiler (Which is a much more updated version of the original):

Spoiler:

And the Reddit post is here:

http://www.reddit.co..._modular_boats/

*EDIT*

Due to popular demand, I give you this:
Posted Image

Please don't forget to give it a star on GetSatisfaction if you like the idea!

And add this to your signature if you like it!

[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/699830-boats-evolved-bigger-modular-boats/"][IMG]http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/elitemandalorian48/besig-1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Important Things to Know for the Unfortunate Few Without Common Sense (aka posts I've gotten a million and one times and wish to halt):
Spoiler:

Download link to the original SketchUp models: http://www.mediafire...55l1cnm1npgkbgl

--- See Also: ---

Mythological Sea Creatures, Boats and Other Stuff

by JasonG5!

Posted Image

Edited by ThesaurusRex84, 31 May 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Check out Boats Evolved; the fancy huge customizable boats Notch tweeted about brought to life!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

slicinator

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Wow. Looks epic, and you certainly put alot of time into this. If it can't get integrated into vanilla MC there should atleast be a mod for this kind of thing.

ThesaurusRex84

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, that's what I'd like at the very least. I'm pretty sure Notch said in one of his old tweets that he likes the idea of bigger boats. So at least I have some hope.
Check out Boats Evolved; the fancy huge customizable boats Notch tweeted about brought to life!
Posted Image

puggiboy

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

Lol I just want the boats to not break so easily.
Posted Image[/url] [SSSS]

assassin10

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:25 AM

I would prefer something that utilizes redstone.
The Sun rises in the North!
Now these points of data make a beautiful line...

ThesaurusRex84

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

Lol I just want the boats to not break so easily.

Lol me too. The dinghies in my idea have twice the amount of health, if that's what you were wondering.

View Postassassin10, on 10 October 2011 - 03:25 AM, said:

I would prefer something that utilizes redstone.

You know, I actually thought about that at first, and came up with a redstone motor that is visible on the smaller boats:

Posted Image

But I ran into a problem. See, redstone power is theoretically infinite, so there would be very little if any cons to the redstone motor. So I decided to opt for a resource-using steam engine instead. Aside from that it would just feel too modern.
Posted Image

BahamutKing790
  • Minecraft: BahamutKing790

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

I think bigger boats must be added to minecraft. Oceans are way to hard to cross, and this makes it feal more like a RPG, but also more realistic. I think most minecraft players would like it.  :Diamond: Daimond!

EDIT: I think steam engines shouln't be added, redstone should just be slower than normal travel methods. In my opinoin...

assassin10

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

View PostThesaurusRex84, on 10 October 2011 - 03:26 AM, said:

Lol me too. The dinghies in my idea have twice the amount of health, if that's what you were wondering.

You know, I actually thought about that at first, and came up with a redstone motor that is visible on the smaller boats:

Posted Image

But I ran into a problem. See, redstone power is theoretically infinite, so there would be very little if any cons to the redstone motor. So I decided to opt for a resource-using steam engine instead. Aside from that it would just feel too modern.

Not that redstone. :( I want to be able to use redstone logic to control my big boats.
The Sun rises in the North!
Now these points of data make a beautiful line...

Divine Insect
  • Minecraft: DivineInsect

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

I love this idea!  As it stands now, Minecraft has a limited number of travel options.  Modular boats would be very useful, especially now that we have larger oceans to explore.  Also, can we say "Pirate Battle?" :)

krimsalt
  • Minecraft: Kalorok

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

buddy i'd pay for this ^^ please tell me i can get one?
To all those who said nature has no corners; enter MineCraft
Please see my kingdom preview!! CLICK HERE TO SEE IT!!!!

ThesaurusRex84

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

View PostDivine Insect, on 10 October 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

Can we say "Pirate Battle?" :)

Oh, a thousand times yes!

View Postkrimsalt, on 10 October 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

buddy i'd pay for this ^^ please tell me i can get one?

Hahaha, sure! Just remember to post on it if you like it! It needs to be popular if it's going to be accepted!
Posted Image

Silky_ZaChaos

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

make an air boat that can travle on land!
Posted Image

Ocin's Fire
  • Minecraft: dragon489d

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

View PostSilky_ZaChaos, on 10 October 2011 - 05:31 AM, said:

make an air boat that can travle on land!

i believe that is called a blimp to travel by air...

i think they would have size restrictions, but dude wonderful work on this :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond: would be awesome in smp

Posted Image

Idunidas

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

I absolutely love this, I already love building in the new ocean biome, this would just make it perfect. Also, it would make it bearable to move, I practically cried when I had to move all the stuff from my spawn island to the island I actually built on, on my first 1.8 seed.

nozaj_darkcaster

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

this is a very good idea for multiplayer but it would be nice to have a boat that doesnt smash into bits if you crash
(didnt read it all so if there is my bad) because docks are useless if it blows to bits every time i crash
[CENTER]Posted Image[/CENTER

ThesaurusRex84

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

Thank you all for the feedback! And please don't forget to give it a like, and post on the idea! I need that the most!
Posted Image

ThesaurusRex84

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Boats Evolved on GetSatisfaction now has 75 likes and 118 replies. Thanks for the help, everyone!

On a side note...how does one send an idea letter directly to Mojang? Do they discourage doing this? How many ideas are sent to them on a weekly basis? I don't want to come across as the average Joe wanting Notch (And ONLY Notch...for some reason :\) to implement their airplane idea or something.
Posted Image

Chiefpoopie
  • Minecraft: Chefipoopie123

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Adding this to the game would make it like a billion times more amazing. I absolutely love it.

Berhemoth

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

yes ships with bed chest will be more than useful and it will be coool
but a litlle difrent than this ship
in craftintable (some modified version) parts of ship kiel, rudder, mast, sail, anchor and other stuf and combine it in some dry dock maybe
with few beds and chests mabe furnace and mabe more than one size of ship
smal ship: two beds two chest one mast
medium ship: three beds four chests one mast
big: six beds ten chest two mast
sail coloured

and maby for npc some

Dracius
    Dracius

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

"Aww dammit, Creeper blew up my house"

"TO THE BOAT!"
Bloodsteel and Nethersteel Check it out!