• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Use for cauldrons

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Using Caludrons to purify (17 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this implemented

1. Yes (11 votes [64.71%])

Percentage of vote: 64.71%

2. NU :U (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Maybe (2 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ping90
    Ping90

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

i think using cauldrons for water is pretty much useless if you have an unlimited water source so my suggestion is that potions dont accept plain water from sources and that it has to be distilled or purified in the cauldron first before being used for making the potions. it would add a new use for cauldrons and be kind of fun in my opinion.
and if you are too lazy to travel far to bring water to your cauldron why not just keep a chest with a bucket and an infinite water source next to your cauldron

be sure to vote on the poll :)
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Oysterbarron

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

View PostPing90, on 09 October 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

i think using cauldrons for water is pretty much useless if you have an unlimited water source so my suggestion is that potions dont accept plain water from sources and that it has to be distilled or purified in the cauldron first before being used for making the potions. it would add a new use for cauldrons and be kind of fun in my opinion.

be sure to vote on the poll :)

theres only one real use!

Posted Image

Ryumai
    Ryumai

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • Minecraft: RottenApple360
  • Xbox:RottenApple360

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

Spell 'no' right <_<
Bite my shiny metal ass. -Bender Bending Rodriguez

Posted Image

Ping90
    Ping90

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

View PostRyumai, on 09 October 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

Spell 'no' right <_<

i did that on purpose so "NU" i wont change it :C
Posted Image

Rahz
    Rahz

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I think they're kinda bothersome if they run out of water.

Maybe when a cauldron is made, you have to add several buckets of water and then the cauldron becomes a limitless water supply. That way, people would actually use the cauldrons rather than having a 3x1 or 2x2 water supply.

Altoid2
    Altoid2

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1667 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:19 PM

I lol'ed at that toiled picture, although it would have been funnier if you had cocoa beans floating around in there instead of bread...

On topic: I definitely think that we should be able to fill them with milk or lava (for cosmetic value) and that infinite water thing doesn't sound too bad.
Posted Image
If I helped in any way, don't click that little green +, instead tell me how much you liked the post. (Only those who are incapable of earning rep the hard way have to beg for it in their signatures).

Lord Penguin
  • Minecraft: Lord_Penguin

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

View PostOysterbarron, on 09 October 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

theres only one real use!

Posted Image
Don't forget sinks.

Hydrogen256
  • Minecraft: Hydrogen256

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:35 AM

Sounds like a good idea. Although I also Rahz's idea of making the cauldron a 1x1 infinite water supply. That would be both practical and balanced.

dizziekittie

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:58 AM

would be nice to have an option to cook fish, pork, chicken or steak in it, maybe have it turn the food into special soups or gumbo that adds more health depending on the ingredients mixed in.

Just dump what ever edibles you want in there then some how trigger it to cook then the water turns to soup you can put in bottles or bowls to eat.
Posted Image

SIR_FreakShow
  • Minecraft: ii_GoldDigger_ii

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

I like this idea! I also like the 1x1 infinite water source idea. For the same amount of water, you get a compact, cool-looking infinite water source.

View PostOysterbarron, on 09 October 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

Posted Image

This made my day. Thanks for getting me through a monotonous day at school.
Posted ImagePlease check out my awesome, detailed guide on how to build a Cow Machine-Gun. It has pictures! http://www.minecraft...ow-machine-gun/