Latest News Article

How to: Troll a survival server

• Please log in to reply
802 replies to this topic

A Blind Moron
  • Location: "hurp de durr, behind u. im so clever nd original!!1!"

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

POPULAR

This is a TROLLING thread, NOT a griefing thread.
As big as I make those words, people will probably ignore them anyway.

Trolling- The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off. Usually via the internet.
Griefing- Griefing is the act of ruining large or very noticeable portions of other people's creations.

The goal of this thread is to create a list of playful, clever ways to torment others on SMP servers WITHOUT griefing. When the trolling is done, both you and the target should be able to reflect on the act and both get a chuckle out of it.

Ideas:
Posted ImageObtain multicolored dye and paint all the sheep you can find pink or green

Posted ImageGo into someone's branch mine without their permission and dig dark 2x1 tunnels. They'll suspect Herobrine and become too scared to play.

Posted ImageCover the floor of someone's house with wooden pressure plates, but don't rig any explosives
Posted ImageLeave signs outside someone's house saying "thanks for the stuff" without taking anything. They'll go crazy wondering what you've stolen.

Posted ImageObtain eggs; spawn hundreds of chickens in a crawlspace underneath someone's house. The noise will annoy them.

Posted ImageDig spaces underneath someone's floor in their bedroom. If executed properly, mobs will spawn in their house when they try to sleep.
Obsolete now that bed mechanics have changed.

Posted ImageEnter someone's house; take their valuables and hide them in a chest somewhere else in their house. -DONT STEAL- (i.e. if they have a storage room, hide the diamonds in the box with the dirt and sand)

Posted ImageDig someone a wide moat around their house. All the way to bedrock.

Posted ImageSteal the unsmelted ores out of someone's chests. Place them in the walls of their branch mine. Confusion level: Over 9000 (Post #30)

Posted ImagePlace obsidian directly above every chest in someone's house. They'll have to remove all the obsidian in order to open said chests. Grade A storage room trolling. Bonus points if it's their obsidian you used. (Post #68)

Posted ImageReplace all the glass blocks/panes in someone's house with melon blocks. Repay the glass deficit by leaving sand and coal in a chest outside their door.

Posted ImageIf someone has half-slabs for flooring, place ice underneath it. An ice glitch will cause the half-slabs to act slippery like ice- Note: Ice is impossible to obtain in block form now that silk touch has been nerfed. Server commands might be your best bet in obtaining it.
Posted ImageFind someone with a wooden house. Place burning netherrack underground within audible range of their house, but not close enough to make it catch fire.

Posted ImageTame a bunch of wolves and have them follow you onto random peoples' rooftops; leave them there

Posted ImageFlood a small portion of someone's house using only one water source block; leave a sign nearby saying "I made you a swimming pool"

Posted ImageBuild a mob grinder somewhere below someone's house. Build a mob elevator to bring them up to the surface in one of their rooms.

Posted ImageOn servers with LWC, place signs with the phrase "umad?" on people's walls. This protects the block and prevents them from destroying it, infuriating those with OCD. Bonus points if you place them on the inside of their building.

What I've actually done:

Posted ImageDark tunnels in the branch mine: resulting in two of the kids on the server becoming extremely paranoid and leaving the server forever.
  Posted ImageCovering the floor in pressure plates: owner of the house abandoned his house. IRL days later, he went back into it to get his diamond items. He broke a pressure plate and it fell onto another one... and the floor exploded. Apparently someone else had put TNT underneath the floor.
  Posted ImageI led all the animals out of someone's barn into the house of some unlucky chump. When he logged back on, he was quite upset. Some sheep trampled part of his wheat patch, and there were eggs all over his kitchen floor. He was also reprimanded by an admin for killing all the animals- since they didn't belong to him.
  Posted ImagePainted a field of sheep stupid colors. I didn't have enough time/patience to collect the proper materials (Pink and green dyes), so I painted them with the colors I had available: red, orange, and yellow. Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Posted ImageI left many signs saying "thanks for the stuff" outside people's homes. I stole nothing. Unfortunately, there was a server plugin that allowed anyone to view who placed signs. Even more unfortunately, I placed a sign outside the house of an OP. My ban reason was: "greefer fagit"

Posted ImageI placed protected signs all over the inside of someone's house. They got so pissed off that they moved somewhere else. They also left a sign above the door of the trolled house that said "CONDEMNED DUE TO TROLL INFESTATION".

Trolling I have been the target of:
Posted ImageSomeone deepened the moat around my house. I'm pretty sure there was bedrock level at the bottom of said moat. It took ages to fill back in.
Posted ImageA friend broke into my treasure room, removed all the ores and precious blocks, placed a sign  saying "thanks 4 the stuff, dumbass" and then placed them in the chest with my cobblestone. Pissed me off.
Posted ImageSomeone filled my house with mine carts. And they used my iron to craft them. Seriously. What the hell.

Posted ImageA friend told me to come help him investigate coordinates. I agreed to do so, but it was over 1000 blocks away from my house. He told me he'd catch up. While I was away, he told me that "my house was on fire". I went home to find that my house was perfectly fine. Underneath it were several signs with the word 'fire' written on them.

Other People's Ideas That I Liked:
Spoiler:

VIDEO:

Credit to Sparky1779 and everyone else involved in making this awesome video.

Post your ideas, and if you've actually done any of them, post the result. I might append them to the OP if I feel they are lulzy enough.

Edited by A Blind Moron, 22 January 2012 - 06:12 PM.

Thread will be locked and deleted in: Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

PierreLouis
  • Minecraft: PierreLouis

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

I get it, you're "A Blind Moron", so you didn't read the rules...

Not that this is against them (I think)

Onion3000
  • Minecraft: Onion3000

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Good tutorial! :D
Posted Image

A Blind Moron
  • Location: "hurp de durr, behind u. im so clever nd original!!1!"

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

View PostPierreLouis, on 08 October 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

I get it, you're "A Blind Moron", so you didn't read the rules...

Not that this is against them (I think)

It doesn't violate the forum's rules.

If you mean it violates the server rules, then it probably doesn't... but you never know. There are a lot of stupid rules on servers (including one where branch mining is not allowed).

Thread will be locked and deleted in: Posted Image

xDMaelstrom
  • Minecraft: iMaelstrom

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

Those are good, relatively-harmless ways to troll someone. +1

I always hate the asshole who burns the giant tree on the server.
Check out my SSP progress at http://imaelstrom.blogspot.com/

Vagrant0
    Vagrant0

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Remove torches from branch mines or large houses, place them in a chest near the back with a note about trying to save energy. It's not griefing if you aren't actually taking anything.

PierreLouis
  • Minecraft: PierreLouis

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostA Blind Moron, on 08 October 2011 - 07:59 PM, said:

It doesn't violate the forum's rules.

If you mean it violates the server rules, then it probably doesn't... but you never know. There are a lot of stupid rules on servers (including one where branch mining is not allowed).
I was joking about your username :D

weatherdog
    weatherdog

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Minecraft: weatherdog

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

AMAZING! +1

lol, I'm gonna try some of those things on a server, if I can find one where you won't get KoS or the buildings are protected.

Posted Image

~weatherdog (Cicero), Imperator de Ordo

NorthAntrim

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Haha, I'm playing on an Anarchy/Chaos server ATM and I'm looking for ways of trollin' people

PLEASE "Posted Image" WHEN REPLYING TO ME • USEFUL LINKS AND INFO:

Rules | Support | Minecraft Servers Status | MCF Help | Mojang Support Center

Posted Image

Yakkhyl
    Yakkhyl

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

What I did once is find a public tree farm, replace it all with red and brown shrooms (big shrooms) and put down a sign saying the elfs are coming

foreignaffairs

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

View PostA Blind Moron, on 08 October 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

-leave signs outside someone's house saying "thanks for the stuff" without taking anything. They'll go crazy wondering what you've stolen.

That's a good one.

Gabrielhud
  • Minecraft: gabrielhud

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Nice ones. Here's a few more I thought of:

-Place a water source on top of their house so there's a waterfall all around. Place dirt blocks aorund the waterfall. If you're lucky and they last logged off in their house, they'll log in and think 'WHERE THE HECK HAS MY HOUSE GOT TO?'.

-Dig a pit 2 or 3 blocks below the house and connect a 'rapid pulse' gate to a door underneath. Best if you do this multiple times.

-actually connect a rapid pulser to their entrance door. Hide it well so they don't find it.

-Create a house on their roof.

-In the middle of their wood cabin's cieling, place a glass container with a lava source is it. Make sure you don't actually let the lava flow.

-Place TNT all over their house. Make sure not to light it.

-Make a TNT cannon next to their house, but don't fire it.

-Get a LOT of mushrooms and cover the floor with them.

-place flowers in the furnace.

-If they have multiple chests, mix up the items.

-Coat torches, glowstones and jack-o-lanterns in mossy cobblestone.
Posted ImageGENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. --- Read my 'about me' section and all shall become clear.

jugglingman456
  • Minecraft: jugglingman456

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:33 PM

make an "annoying machine" with a bunch of doors flipping and water and lava which makes sizzlingh noises

TDLB4LIFE

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Fill their village with snow golems.

bigjeep
    bigjeep

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

place a tnt and a redstone wire leading really really really far away but dont activate it. let them follow it.
and for optional lols, destroy it behind them so they get lost.
make all of the 3-high ceilings in their house 2-high

thatrandomguy12

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Place TNT under the surrounding area and make a pressure plate in their house, if they don't catch it the surrounding area will be completely pockmarked and ugly, yet their house will be completely unharmed, The only catch is you need to know that their OCD about where they built their base, they either run all over the place to rebuild the terrain, or they need to move

Coleman12
    Coleman12

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 750 posts
  • Minecraft: coleman1998

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Make the barbie girl song with noteblocks with a pulser underneath someones house.

IcarusPhoenix

Hehe, I've never played on a multiplayer server, but here's what I'd do if I did (only to a friend who I knew would enjoy the joke, of course!)

Find a house with no basement, and dig one (or dig a second lower basement if they already have one). Put several chests down there, filled with bones (arranged in a skeleton-like pattern... maybe some raw meat, too), and splash "blood" (redstone) around on the floor. Leave it unlit, or lit with only a few redstone torches (or maybe some burning netherrack or a lava well in the middle of the room, if the house is non-flammable). Maybe post some signs with Latin text on the walls, as a finishing touch.

Or for a nicer version, dig a basement and leave a single chest containing a diamond block in the middle :-)

weatherdog
    weatherdog

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 935 posts
  • Minecraft: weatherdog

Make a troll face next to somebody's house, leaving the impression you griefed and/or stole something.

Posted Image

~weatherdog (Cicero), Imperator de Ordo

Dstoft
    Dstoft

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

View PostA Blind Moron, on 08 October 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

This is a TROLLING thread, not a griefing thread.
My ideas:

-Obtain multicolored dye and paint all the sheep you can find pink or green
-Go into someone's branch mine without their permission and dig dark 2x1 tunnels. They'll suspect Herobrine and become too scared to play.
-cover the floor of someone's house with wooden pressure plates, but don't rig any explosives.
-leave signs outside someone's house saying "thanks for the stuff" without taking anything. They'll go crazy wondering what you've stolen.
-Obtain eggs; spawn hundreds of chickens in a crawlspace underneath someone's house. The noise will annoy them.

What I've actually done:
-Dark tunnels in the branch mine: resulting in two of the kids on the server becoming extremely paranoid and leaving the server forever.
-covering the floor in pressure plates: owner of the house abandoned his house. IRL days later, he went back into it to get his diamond items. He broke a pressure plate and it fell onto another one... and the floor exploded. Apparently someone else had put TNT underneath the floor.

Post your ideas, and if you've actually done any of them, post the result.

Freakin' epic! Wish I had some servers I could try it on! :D

makersmark said:

The interent: Where men are men, women are men and kids are FBI agents

trunksbomb said:

Lead said:

Well since this game is measured in Meters. Feet don't exist

Yep, we all walk on our ankles

V96 said:

Trolling Troll is Trolling

Doomthief said:

1. Cry a river
2. Build a bridge