a_dizzle's Weeping Angels Mod
(Compiled with Forge version 22.214.171.1248)
This mod adds the following creature to the game.
As well as two Blocks.
Statue Block - Rare Drop from a Weeping Angel
and a Spawn Block which can only be spawned in with the item id of 207.
Thank you Yogscast for this amazing spotlight opportunity.
- This mob has a spawn rate of 2% (Rare).
- The Weeping Angel will freeze when seen (includes other angels [broken])(Within FOV (This FOV is locked to a specific value and does not change with minecraft options.. yet).
- When not seen will run towards the player; various movement the creature make will be based on if it is aggroed or not and the distance between the player and creature.
- When it is not day or the angel is in a cave with a light source, the angel will try to remove it to create darkness which enables the angel to attack and move towards the player even if the player is looking at the creature (Light level < 0). When the creature is looked at directly, the player will be de buffed which will last for a short period of time. This debuf will cause the player to walk slowly. (As if it has turned to stone)
- A weeping angel has a 1 in 30 chance on hit of teleporting the player, when this happens on attack it will teleport the player in a 200 block radius; either above the ground or in a cave.
- They can be killed by using a iron pickaxe (Normal difficulty) or a diamond pickaxe (Hard difficulty).
You can adjust the spawnrate and turn off the chance on hit teleport in the Forge WeepingAngels Property file.
- Rare Drop from a Weeping Angel
- Can be placed as decorative items.
- Comes to life when powered by Redstone
- Only be spawned in ID 207.
- Same texture as stone to blend in to environments
- When powered by redstone, will spawn ONE Weeping Angel directly above the placed block.
(Only if there isn't already an angel within a TWO block radius of the spawn block)
- Spawns ONE Weeping Angel when used.
- Available from creative item menu.
If you do not know what a Weeping Angel is you should be ashamed of yourself.
This mod is the intelligent property of Anthony. G or "a_dizzle". This mod can not be distributed in any other way than through this thread. You don't have the permission to distribute this mod through 'mod packages', installers or plugins A multiplayer plugin is allowed as long as it requires you to download the unmodified single player mod to work. An installer can not host this mod, it must redirect the user to this thread. You can't modify or redistribute my mod without my written permission.
Append (Overrides Above): You are allowed to use this mod in a mod pack IF you do not monetise off it. Otherwise you can cut me in .
Thanks to DA3DSOUL for rotations , OGRESEAN for FOV equation, and Morgeh for Statue API which can be seen here.
Model and Texture files
The Project it self is available on github (https://github.com/y...2/WeepingAngels) for other modders who wish to use its source in there own projects or who wish to support this mod by submitting and fixing bugs.
Bugs that are repeatable (I.e. Code issue, NOT your issue) should be submitted HERE as they are more likely to be read and fixed or added to the mod.
(Requires GitHub Account)
NOTE: Make sure you read the list of issues already submitted before submitting your own here or on GitHub.
How to Install Weeping Angels Mod:
FORGE INSTALLATION (version 1.4.5 Onwards) - Forge Required
1. Close Minecraft
2. Go to Minecraft.jar. You can find this in Windows in C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods
3. Copy the XXXWeepingAngel.zip into \mods (NOTE: XXX is just MinecraftVersion-ModVersion. You do not have to rename the zip to match this. For example the 1.4.6 version of this mod would look like this 146-157WeepingAngel.zip in which you would copy this to the \mods folder. Remember you do not have to rename anything!)
4. Start Minecraft and have fun!
*Server installation is similar, just drop the zip into your server mods folder.
Anything prior to version 1.2.5
Installation Video (OUT OF DATE)
The installation method has changed from this please read the "readme" contained in the zip file if you are unsure of what to do.
Change Log/Previous Versions
Demonstration/Mod Spotlight Videos
If you like this mod and Doctor Who then you might be interested in the Doctor Who Client Mod being developed by the iKingsSGC Mod Division. It is essentially a new game built ontop of minecraft, and yes....it has its own version of the Weeping Angels.