• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[64x][1.6.2] Misa's Realistic Texture Pack (UPDATED 1JUL13)

texture misa realistic pack randomobs texture pack hd high resolution mcpatcher 1.6

• Please log in to reply
8375 replies to this topic

Misa
    Misa

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 756 posts
  • Minecraft: Misa

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:56 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Announcements

The texture pack's been updated to support all the new stuff in 1.6 and a whole bunch of new features of MCPatcher to boot. Keep in mind that some of the new features are still a work in progress, and check the changelog to ensure any bugs you might wish to report aren't already addressed there. As the texture pack for 1.6 uses yet another a new format, the main link of the texture pack is no longer backwards compatible with 1.5. I will be leaving up links to the 1.5 and 1.4-earlier packs in the download section for those who do not wist to upgrade versions. For those looking for alternates, grab the 1.4-earlier pack until I can get around to redoing my alternates pack (yet again). As always, be sure to check out the changelog to see what all's been added--there's quite a few new things this round.

• Information/Disclaimer

It should go without saying but YOU WILL NEED THE LATEST MCPATCHER TO AVOID PROBLEMS WITH THIS PACK. Note that Optifine may not support every feature in this pack. If you choose to use Optifine, any problems you encounter should be reported on the Optifine thread so that they can hopefully address your problems. DO NOT POST ANY ISSUES HERE IF YOU ARE USING OPTIFINE. This thread is for discussion of this texture pack only. I can only provide support  if you've followed the installation instructions posted. I've also posted my pack on PlanetMinecraft. Give my pack there a diamond if you wish to support me.

Before you even download the pack note that this is not a place to post error messages. I am an artist. I simply provide art files for MCPatcher which enables HD texture packs to work with Minecraft. There is nothing in my pack that will mess up your game! So don't blame me for your hardships with installation. Be sure to read the installation instructions! This is an HD Pack, you cannot install it like any other texture pack! After you have read and followed the instructions, and you still have trouble with installation, check the F.A.Q. If you still have issues, please post them on the thread--someone should be able to help you. Do not PM me with tech support issues regarding getting the texture pack to work.

• Patch Notes

Spoiler:

• History of the Pack

Spoiler:

Go Back to the Table of Contents

Posted Image
  • Download

TERMS OF USE (READ CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING)
This texture pack is provided for personal use. You are only allowed to use work from this pack for remixes and compilations (You are not allowed to redistribute my pack in its entirety. Nor are you allowed to include the unique support files for MCPatcher (located in assets/minecraft/mcpatcher).) if I am given credit for my work on your release. Getting permission is now required by the forums. You are not allowed under any circumstances (barring special permission) to distribute my work in any form using adf.ly links or any sort of advertisement services. Nor are you allowed to accept donations or payment for anything that makes use of my work.

Main Download: LINK 1 (Use this link if you're happy to support my work. This link will never change URL and always be up to date.)
Mirror: LINK 2
Mirror: LINK 3
(Currently I'm having problems with Rapidshare.)

Pre-1.6 version: LINK (No longer updated.)
Pre-1.5 version: LINK (No longer updated.)

My work is free to all and I'm happy to keep it that way. Many
people have been requesting a donate button lately though, so for
those who would prefer to support my work that way, here you go:

Posted Image

• Cleaning Your Installation (DO THIS IF YOU HAD MODS INSTALLED PREVIOUSLY)

1. Hit Windows Key + R to open the Run console.
2. Type in and enter the following: %appdata%/.minecraft/

To reach the folder on a Mac:
1. Open Finder.
2. Navigate to the following: (Username)/Library/Application Support/minecraft.

3. That should open a folder, in that folder delete the bin folder.
4. Run Minecraft and let it patch. When that's done, close Minecraft completely.

• Installing the Texture Pack

1. Save my pack's zip file to the resourcepacks folder in your minececraft directory. (Do not extract!)
2. Click here to download the latest version of MCPatcher. (Very important!)
3. Run MCPatcher, ensure HD Textures, HD Font, CTM, and Custom Colors are ticked then hit Patch, then close it when it's done.
4. Run Minecraft and go to Mods and Resource Packs to select my pack. (Mac users with problems, see here.)
If you have trouble getting the pack working after this, head to my Tinychat (Mon-Fri) for support.(Closed until further notice.)

Posted Image

Posted ImageA collage of screens to showcase the new biome atmospheric diversity.

More (Horribly outdated) images!:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Q: Some of my textures like menus and connected textures are white. What gives?

--OR--

My performance sucks, what can I do to improve it?

--OR--

I've double checked that I've followed all the installation instructions and the game crashes when I load your pack, how do I fix this?
A: These are usually caused by memory issues. Your computer either has insufficient memory to load all the textures or more likely isn't allocating enough memory to the game to ensure smooth performance. There are several things you can do to ensure Minecraft is getting enough memory:
1. Increase the Java heap size. This can be done when running MCPatcher. Go into the Options tab, and under General Options increase the number for the Java heap size (In MB). This number may be anything you want, but cannot exceed your computer's maximum amount of memory (I'd suggest taking your max memory and subtracting 256-512mb so your operating system won't experience any slowdown when running Minecraft). If you don't know how much RAM your computer has, on Windows hit 'Windows Key' + 'R' to bring up the Run menu and type "dxdiag" and hit 'enter.' This will give you all your system information.
2. Update Java. Much of the time, your Java is probably just outdated and an update should improve general performance. How to update should be self-explanatory--Google "java update". Ensure you use the correct bit version to match your OS. (i.e. Do not use the 64 bit vesion if you are on a 32-bit OS and vice versa.)
3. Update your video card/device's drivers. Same as above. If you don't know what video card/device you have, again, use dxdiag as described in the first suggestion. If you are on a laptop that wasn't purchased for gaming, chances are you might not even have a proper gaming video card. In this case you should ensure your laptop's drivers are completely up to date--For this Google is also your friend.
4. Close other high-memory-impact programs. Some programs are huge resource hogs, and no matter how much memory you have, if it's all being used by a web browser with a lot of tabs open (even if minimized) Java may not be getting the memory resources it needs to render all textures. In this case, on Windows it wouldn't hurt to use 'Ctrl'+'Alt'+'Delete' to bring up the Task Manager and arrange your currently running applications by their memory usage to see what big memory hogs you can shut off while you play Minecraft.

5.Update your hardware. This will be a last resort for most people because not everyone may have the resources to pull it off. But if you have the money, your computer can always benefit from having upgrades to various components. Minecraft is primarily a PC game, when you get into the territory of PC game modding, you probably shouldn't expect good results unless you're running a gaming machine. You can easily build one of these from scratch for under $600 using only Google. (Building a computer isn't as hard as you may think!) Though you may just need to upgrade a single component or two and that's a much more cost-effective way to turn your current machine into something for gaming. I'd recommend first evaluating your video card situation. If you're using an onboard video device, you should definitely get a real video card. If your video card is good, the next step would be to upgrade your RAM. I'd only recommend upgrading your CPU as a last resort--though in that case, you should probably just rebuild a new machine from scratch. As always, Google is your friend, but if you need help with figuring out what upgrades your machine can handle and Google or online forums aren't cutting it, consult your local computer nerd, or Best Buy's Geek Squad (or any other customer service of an electronics store that sells computers).

Q: Why is my water is white/grey or purple/blue with text?
A: Because you either do not have the latest MCPatcher installed, or you did not tick the custom colors box when installing MCPatcher. This pack relies on the latest MCPatcher and Custom Colors to properly function.

Q: I prefer the old lighting. How can I get it back?
A: Open the zip file that contains my texture pack, go to the environment folder, then delete all the files that contain the word 'lightmap.' If you just want to remove the flicker from torches, you'll need to edit those files so that the bottom half of them is the same shade of pixels horizontally. You can easily accomplish this in any image editor by just copying and a single column of pixels from the bottom half and pasting them all the way across.

Q: Why is my game crashing when I try to place a block?
A: Because you didn't follow the posted instructions and download the latest version of MCPatcher. Grab the one linked in my instructions.

Q: How do I uninstall this pack and/or MCPatcher?
A: Following the "cleaning your installation" instructions in the Installation section will remove MCPatcher completely as will doing a force-update in-game. To remove my pack, or prevent it from trying to load, simply delete it from the texturepacks folder.

Q: I'm on a Mac, followed your instructions, and your texture pack isn't showing up in-game. Help?
A: Many Macs are odd in how they download zip files. Likely if you're here, you're having an issue where it saves my pack as an uncompressed folder. What you need to do is go into that folder, and select all the files and folders inside it, right click, and choose compress. This will create a new zip which you can place in the texturepacks folder. Do NOT compress the folder itself. It's the files and folders inside that need to be compressed. See here for a detailed explanation with screenshots.

Q: Why do I get a black screen?
A: One of three causes:
Cause#1: You didn't read or follow my installation instructions. (Most common issue I troubleshoot on my tinychat!)
Resolution: Read and follow the instructions! Posted Image
Cause#2: You have a mod that conflicts with MCPatcher or some other mods.
Resolution: I cannot provide a list of which mods do and do not support MCPatcher as it's not my program. My pack just relies on it to run properly. This you may have to troubleshoot on your own by installing my pack first, then installing your mods one by one and testing after each one. You may have to just choose which you'd rather have in the end.
Cause#3: You may just have a corrupt installation.
Resolution: Do a clean install by deleting the bin folder in .minecraft, then running minecraft to repatch the game to its default state.

Q: Will this texture pack make my game lag?
A: It may. Most people however report no noticeable change in framerate. So unless your computer is pretty old or a laptop, you shouldn't notice much of if any hit to your performance. However, you likely will have trouble with lag if you do not have a proper video card and are just using something like on-board video on a laptop. Generally if you plan to play 3D games, you need to have a proper video card.

Q: Will you make some textures for (insert mod name here)?
A: Possibly. But most likely not. I only try to support purely graphical mods. Any mod that alters entities, gameplay or adds any other thing to the game that can corrupt your saves will not be supported by me. If you find a non-intrusive, purely graphical mod, please suggest it for my review. See here for more details. I will then decide whether or not I will support it with my art. I will take alternate texture requests though. Best place to suggest those is in my Tinychat (Mon-Fri).(Closed until further notice)

Q: How do I use the alternate textures?
A: These are provided for people who like to edit the pack before installing it. You will need a decent graphics editor that supports alpha channels and a way to change files in zips or in Minecraft.jar, such as Winrar. If you don't know what you're doing here, it's probably best to not worry about using these. I do not provide support for the editing of my pack, only resources for those who do.

Q: Will you make the pack resolution higher than 64x64?
A: Not with the pack in its current state. Possibly when mipmaps are adequately supported by the game. As it is though, my attempts at this have produced undesirable results. Namely HORRIBLY grainy distant textures and atrocious performance issues with the shader maps.

Q: My font's all messed up. What gives?
A: The easist solution is to ensure High-res fonts is checked when you run MCPatcher. To remove my font and use the default one, open my texture pack zip and delete the font folder inside.

Q: (Insert any shader map-related question here.)
A: Don't expect regular updates for these and don't ask about them. I'll continue updating if I feel the GLSL shader mod is making progress. As it stands there is a LOT that needs to be corrected before I can be happy to slap my endorsement on it with full update support. Namely the lighting issues. See here for more details.

Q: Can I use your art for a project I plan to upload?
A: Depends. For the most part I'm fine with people using my work for modified texture packs and compilations so long as I'm properly credited for it. (With a link to this thread.) If however you plan to take donations or make money off of my work (Including via adf.ly links), I'm not okay with it. I provide my stuff completely for free with an optional ad link to the Minecraft community, it's not put up for people to capitalize off of. If all you want to do is make money, produce a unique product of your own imagination and work, don't steal from others. It also gets a little complicated with projects that aren't related to Minecraft. For those, please PM me or head over to my tinychat (Mon-Fri).(Closed until further notice) So here's a list of things to consider and avoid if you wish to use my work:
DO:
-Ask for permission as the forums now require. (I prefer this via PM so as to not clutter the thread.)
-Credit me for the work of mine you're using.
-Limiting usage to Texture Packs and compilations released on this forum.
-Add a link to this thread (and threads of other artist's work used for sourcing reasons).

-Include my Legal.txt if you're using a large portion of my work. (You may rename it to Misa's Legal.txt)
-Title your pack as a COMPILATION or REMIX if you use a large portion of my work (and other artist's work) for sourcing reasons. (It's not "Joe Bob's Texture Pack" if all the actual art was done by Jack and Jill.)
AVOID:

-Using files in the 'mcpatcher' folder of the pack.
-Receiving payment or donations for a release using my work. This includes monetization with ads like through adf.ly.

-Using my Randomobs files. (Only the default mobs may be used.)
-Using my CTM files. (They are not necessary for your texture pack and are a custom feature of mine)

-Telling people they're free to use your work as a basis for their pack if it contains the work of others. (You don't have the right to grant permission to others unless it's all your own work.)
-Claiming my work (Edited or not) as completely your own work, or allowing others to carry on believing the work is yours without correcting them.

-Using my work for projects not related to Minecraft texture packs without contacting me first to obtain permission.
-Getting water on gremlins and feeding them after midnight.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

ExcitedPeasant

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

That pig is terrifying, also nice pack! It reminds me of mine in a lot of ways! :bookshelf:

Also the mobs look great, and the Feudal themed base! Very nice reeds.
Posted Image

CreeperDaReeper
  • Minecraft: CreeperDaReeper

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

"Kneels on ground and bows repeatedly in front of Misa"

You get the idea.

Lolz, laterz.

Koolwitak
    Koolwitak

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2203 posts
  • Minecraft: Onikai32

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:07 AM

You have successfully divided by zero...

Can I have your spider?
Posted Image Posted Image

CreeperDaReeper

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:13 AM

Hmmm, she's the first female to make an ENTIRE texture pack, (terrain, armors, items, everything, etc).  Jeezus guys, quit slacking off, you just got your a***es whipped by a girl, ouch.

Lolz, laterz.

Misa
    Misa

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 756 posts
  • Minecraft: Misa

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

Koolwitak said:

Can I have your spider?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Rawr.

Posted Image

CreeperDaReeper

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:16 AM

Oh great, cause of this, I'm gonna have to make a 64x texture compilation.  Oh well, at least I know where most of the mob skins are gonna come from.

Woot for super epic textures.

Laterz.

Mojave
    Mojave

End Dweller

• Banned
  • 7159 posts
  • Minecraft: Koskenkorva

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:44 AM

THIS IS AMAZING!

Posted Image
<Mojave> Here is the visual representation of my dick: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * <Cuuldude> ^ My homework

Därkness

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

So I made an account to say, this is actually amazing :D

Koolwitak
    Koolwitak

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2203 posts
  • Minecraft: Onikai32

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

Koskenkorva said:

THIS IS AMAZING!
How dare you betray me!! *throws fireballs*
Posted Image Posted Image

Isil
    Isil

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

VERY IMPRESSED! Great pack. Especially love the mobs!
Posted Image

Gord
    Gord

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Minecraft: pubpara

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:23 AM

Requesting mob-only pack.

CreeperDaReeper

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

Just download the whole thing and move the desired mob files from the download to the game.

Laterz.

aholman
    aholman

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:14 AM

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it at home

r3spawn
    r3spawn

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

I love every texture in this pack...except the glass one.  I use glass a lot in my structures and not just for decorative purposes so I need to be able to see clearly through the glass.

If I ignore the glass texture then this pack is superb, the mods in particular, they are absolutely gorgeous..err and by that I mean that they are scary.  I had a mild panic attack the first time I faced a spider after installing this pack.  Guess this isn't a pack for arachnaphobes :)

9/10

dorianGREY
  • Minecraft: dorianGREY326

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

this is the best looking pack higher than 32x that i have seen, props mate.

if i could add some constructive criticism from my own point of view, the ores that have been dropped dont look as good as the rest of the pack, the diamond seems too big, and the redstone looks strange, the others fit quite well.

and the ores could use a bit of shading ect to make them look like they are embedded in the rock.

loving it though mate, keep up the good work.
Posted Image

Sikander

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:09 PM

Absolutely, incredibly, unspeakably stunning. Those sunsets!

I feel like such a turncoat as I have changed tex packs twice now, but what the hell.

For my tastes this pack is head and shoulders above anything else out there at the moment.

I will be keeping an eye on Aza's Arid texture pack, but this is the benchmark for me right now.

Mojave
    Mojave

End Dweller

• Banned
  • 7159 posts
  • Minecraft: Koskenkorva

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

Koolwitak said:

Koskenkorva said:

THIS IS AMAZING!
How dare you betray me!! *throws fireballs*

I'm still using you're pack Kool : )

I say this is Amazing, because it is. Though it has it's flaws, as the ores dropped on the ground etc. It just seems awkward for me. Though that might just be my swedish taste : D

Posted Image
<Mojave> Here is the visual representation of my dick: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * <Cuuldude> ^ My homework

Wreckage
    Wreckage

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1332 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

Very Nice, the ores could use a little depth, But Wow.
My only limitation is my lack of imagination.  I can't code but I can build Adventure Maps. :)
Compilation Map  Adventure Map  Four Towers Full Edition and Jump and Ladders plus  Halls of Thorn.

Jlane409
    Jlane409

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

in agreement with the rest, great looking work.
much better then any other i've used so far...
The only mod you ever need
Posted Image