• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Village Server

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kingdaro

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

i suggested a while ago that in order for a village or town to establish it shouldn't need a fuckton of server mods, but instead how people would do it in real life - you don't really have block protection in the real world. however you're not really able to punch trees for lumber either. i was thinking of a way that you could start this village without the worry of the incredibly unrealistic game allowing players to gain the resources to ultimately fuck everyone's shit up, there's not much of a loss either considering most of the random punching, burning, killing, and blowing up people do online are for fun.

how about where when you enter the server, you can't do anything, much like a graylist. you can, say, choose a couple skills, a major skill and a minor skill or two. skills such as crafting, building, hunting, mining, farming, woodcutting, etc. after choosing these skills you can train them by doing specifically what they call for. for example after choosing mining you could start out with a wooden pickaxe and with each block you mine, you gain experience and you level up. this level determines a certain amount of things, such as your mining speed, or a quirk such as gaining two in one on a block destruction. this would become your profession and your way of making it in life. minor skills are to be much lesser effected by leveling up and such. a lumber jack would start out with a wooden axe, a builder with building supplies and tools to only destroy what the player has placed (to prevent adding to the mining level), a farmer would start out with a hoe, some seeds, fencing and water, and so on. replacements and upgrades would have to come from crafters, who would start out with materials to craft shit. since you can't apply speed to crafting except for in the hands of the player, the crafter could advance in crafting via knowing and being able to craft more things.

different people are to choose different skills, and everyone is to play their part in keeping the city under control in terms of keeping everyone fed and housed. miners and woodcutters would give their supplies to a base of materials from which the builders are to take from and build with, of course they have no choice to do this until the buildings are built. afterwards the buildings can be used for various things such as housing or business, in which people can sell the materials they've gained from their professions, housing from where they can rest under a roof and stay protected from the outside. this would mean that beds could only be placed in complete buildings. the server would be able to tell after a laid out house plan has been completed and could possibly point out mistakes in the building.

a holding skill could be added to give police men the ability to drive crimedooers to a jail with a small possibility of them escaping, and if someone who wasn't an officer had a holding skill, that would give them the extra boost to be able to escape from the policeman's hands.

but then there's always some massive problem with my ideas, pick away.

Register or log in to remove.

LeviJ
    LeviJ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Minecraft: levifitch

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

There's always some massive problem with your ideas because, you haven't actually bought the game.

Don't suggest things until you've paid for Minecraft you noob.
If I helped you in any way, or if you think my smart-assed comments were funny. Please hit the green button in the lower right corner of my post. Thanks!

Kingdaro

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:30 PM

View PostLeviJ, on 06 October 2011 - 10:28 PM, said:

There's always some massive problem with your ideas because, you haven't actually bought the game.

Don't suggest things until you've paid for Minecraft you noob.
Posted Image

please don't be an idiot and jump to conclusions.

LeviJ
    LeviJ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:32 PM

You posted a picture that said your account is premium and I'm supposed to believe you?

Here's my proof that you didn't pay - http://minecraft.net...user=VertexBeta
If I helped you in any way, or if you think my smart-assed comments were funny. Please hit the green button in the lower right corner of my post. Thanks!

Kingdaro

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

View PostLeviJ, on 06 October 2011 - 10:32 PM, said:

You posted a picture that said your account is premium and I'm supposed to believe you?

Here's my proof that you didn't pay - http://minecraft.net...user=VertexBeta
my ingame name is Kingdaro.

now shut up and go yell at someone else.

LeviJ
    LeviJ

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

Okay buddy, mybad. Though I still don't understand why your in game name isn't connected to your account, that would have prevented this conversation.

You do have a pretty decent idea though.

Kingdaro

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

View PostLeviJ, on 06 October 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Okay buddy, mybad. Though I still don't understand why your in game name isn't connected to your account, that would have prevented this conversation.
i would say to stop being a dick but that'd be hypocritical, all's forgiven bro

as for the different name, there's a reason behind that, actually. no offense but it isn't really anyone's business xD

View PostLeviJ, on 06 October 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

You do have a pretty decent idea though.
thanks. c: