please read the FAQ before posting or sending me a pm!
DO NOT ASK FOR UPDATES! It is against the rules. I am working on the update. I don't know when it's done.Advanced Hud will let you personalize your heads-up display. It is a mod that is entirely focused on esthetics and customizability while not adding or changing any game mechanics. Every hud item has its own menu with it's own set of parameters allowing you to set each hud item as you see fit. One of the key features of the mod is that you can reposition the hud items to anywhere on the screen. On top of that Advanced Hud adds 3 new hud items: a lightmeter, a minimap (beta) and a death counter (for livestreaming, etc) and it is ever expanding with new features being added every update. The writer of this page just blatantly copied the description from the advanced hud topic and was to lazy to even read what it said. Shame on him.
To use the mod press H (default) to open the HUD menu
read this before posting or sending me a pm
Q1: Your mod does not work on my computer, it crashes the game or it won't show the settings menu.
A: Please check how to install the mod again (and use multiMC this time, no really).
Try removing other mods that change stuff to the hud.
Report the crash (with log) or incompatibility (also check the notes in the incompatibilities section) in this topic.
Please keep in mind that there's nothing that can tick me off more than someone saying the mod doesn't work and not providing any other information (in short).
Q2: Is it possible to mod the hud from mod X/Y
A: No, the way java works and (to my knowledge) the lack of a decent hud api means that adding hud items from other mods is a lot of effort for little reward.
Q3: Can you make the inventory screen movable
A: No, this mod is strictly HUD only. Making the inventory screen movable will add a lot of incompatibilities.
Q4: Can I add your mod to my modpack?
A: I do not allow my mod in modpacks, because modpacks take time update all the mods in them. This will create a backlog where people will ask about problems in old versions, while those versions are no longer supported. And I'm not willing to waste my time fixing problems with older versions of the mod or having to take another step asking people what version of the mod they have. EDIT: No means no, asking your users not to ask for help with older versions is not how the internet works. Could you please stop messaging me.
Q5: Does your mod work in multiplayer?
A: Everything that is changed is pure client side, so yes.
Advanced Hud 4.8.1 for Minecraft 1.4.6 & 1.4.7
- Added the item tooltips hud item. I've applied my own coding to this one, so it's not the exact same as Mojang's; It won't appear every time the item takes damage and it will use the item's rarity color.
- Added a scroll bar to the settings menu as the mod now has 16 hud items which can't fit in a 3 * 5 grid anymore.
you can find older versions in version history below.
I strongly recommend you use multiMC for installing mods
- Install modloader or forge (forge 3.3.7 and up)
- place the advancedHUD zip file in the mods folder (make the folder if it's not there).
Note: this list is old. The mods listed here might not be incompatible anymore.
- The thirst mod - disables Advanced HUD when installed
- CJB's mods - disables Advanced HUD when installed
- VR-ChatMod v062 - causes a crash when you click a link in the chat.
- More Health Enhanced - Overwrites base classes.
- What's my Light Level - Overwrites base classes, while it should be using a modloader hook.
- Village Info - Overwrites base classes, while it should be using a modloader hook.
- Rei's minimap - place the Rei's minimap zip file in the mods folder. Don't install it in the jar.
Mods that change the hud are highly likely to be incompatible with this mod.
If you find any conflicts with the current version and other mods, that are not on this list, please report them in this thread.
Thanks to Tenor471 for the original idea.
Thanks to Mojang for making minecraft.
Thanks to you for not TL;DR-ing this text.