Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.4.7] Advanced HUD 4.8.1

advancedhud advanced hud gui modloader 1.4.6

  • Please log in to reply
1690 replies to this topic

#1

TurboSlow

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

*
POPULAR

I’ve stopped developing this mod for 2 reasons:

1 - I'm done with Minecraft, having played it since alpha 1.1.2_01. I've experienced everything this game has to offer. Since Minecraft was released (end of beta) it has become way too diluted for its simple outset. Almost everything that has been released since is just content and no new gameplay experiences. Every time I play I get irritated by the amount of lost potential and it makes me want to create a complete overhaul mod, though I simply don’t see that happening.

2 - The community. The immature, the trolls, the griefers, etc. This community is full of them and they’re ruining it for the rest of us. Now I get it, I like to let loose and have a laugh every once in a while myself. But the amount of stupidity on display is just cringe worthy. The signal to noise ratio is too low and finding good quality content is difficult.

Is this the end for Advanced Hud?

Update: Maxpowa is now developing the mod.
No. As of this post Advanced Hud is public domain, meaning it’s yours to do with as you wish. I won’t release the source though, as I’d rather have someone experienced working on the mod. Also my code shouldn’t be used as training material as it contains a ton of bad habits. Hurry up though, as I’ll be taking the downloads offline next month (June 30th)

Original post:

Spoiler:


Register or log in to remove.

#2

pointlessvids101
  • Location: pooch
  • Minecraft: pointlessvids101

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

I've always wanted a mod like this, thank you very much.
Posted Image

#3

Welka1982
  • Location: Great Britain
  • Minecraft: Welka

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

That is so useful ! Thanks.

You get some  :Diamond: :Diamond: et +1 on your reputation :)
Posted Image

#4

linkinpark1
  • Location: im in your blades stealing your edges
  • Minecraft: longshot136

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

isnt this already in the game sort of with f1 ???
Posted Image

#5

TurboSlow

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

View Postlinkinpark1, on 06 October 2011 - 03:52 PM, said:

isnt this already in the game sort of with f1 ???

Sort of, but not quite.

This HUD overhaul will hide the the HUD, but not the arm. Also the hud elements will pop back in if they're changed.

EDIT: in hindsight, minecraft 1.9 does provide this functionality, but this mod has grown into so much more now.

#6

Terperial
  • Minecraft: mlman97

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:22 PM

Cool!
If this post helped you...Press the + under my post :D
My youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.c...ser/mrpxpgaming

#7

TurboSlow

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

I've updated the mod to 1.3 please re-download it. :)

changes:
- Fixed the timer script. Timers keep track of how long a HUD element appears on screen. Their countdown speed was synced to the fps, in v1.3 they are synced to the game's tick rate.
- Added a timer to the health bar.
- The health bar now appears when your health is 4 hears or lower.
- Speed increase yaaaay.

#8

TehJazz
    TehJazz

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

I can't use any texture packs but the default when using this so yah probably not gona use till that's fixed.
Check out MineGolf. MiniGolf in Minecraft! viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=355014

I'm so cool cause I say I'm cool like all the cool kids.

#9

markoman
    markoman

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Pretty sweet, I like :)
Posted Image

#10

TurboSlow

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

View PostTehJazz, on 06 October 2011 - 11:36 PM, said:

I can't use any texture packs but the default when using this so yah probably not gona use till that's fixed.

Texture packs work fine for me.
Could you provide more info?
Could you list the other mods you are using?

#11

TehJazz
    TehJazz

    Iron Miner

  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

View PostTurboSlow, on 06 October 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

Texture packs work fine for me.
Could you provide more info?
Could you list the other mods you are using?

I can't catch the crash report because it black screens a second after I see it and I'm using
BuildCraft 1.8.1, old survival mode mods, connected textures mod, and portal gun.
Check out MineGolf. MiniGolf in Minecraft! viewtopic.php?f=1034&t=355014

I'm so cool cause I say I'm cool like all the cool kids.

#12

TurboSlow

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

View PostTehJazz, on 07 October 2011 - 01:15 AM, said:

I can't catch the crash report because it black screens a second after I see it and I'm using
BuildCraft 1.8.1, old survival mode mods, connected textures mod, and portal gun.

The only time I could reproduce the black screen that you were having was when I forgot to install modloader.

I've checked all the mods you mentioned. Only the Old Survival Mode in 1.8 mod has the same files as my mod (meaning the mods might conflict). However the game does not break if you have both of them installed. Just install modloader first (to be sure you won't get a black screen from that), then Old Survival Mode and then my mod and minecraft will work just fine.


And I still don't get how you can't use texture packs when using my mod.

#13

Libraryaddict
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Minecraft: libraryaddict

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:33 AM

Brillant mod.
However I mostly prefer the normal HUD view lol.
But I still like the exp bar change with it smoothly raising.
What does that look like with health and hunger?

#14

Welka1982
  • Location: Great Britain
  • Minecraft: Welka

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

I think you should change the key used to activate your mod so we can either completely remove the HUD classic style (F1) for those who like to make screnshots (like me)or have you mod activated.
Posted Image

#15

TurboSlow

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:21 PM

View PostLibraryaddict, on 07 October 2011 - 11:33 AM, said:

Brillant mod.
However I mostly prefer the normal HUD view lol.
But I still like the exp bar change with it smoothly raising.
What does that look like with health and hunger?
You mean health and hunger raising an lowering smoothly? O.o That's difficult to make since those bars are made of several small icons (the exp bar is 1 texture so that's easy to animate). I'll put it on the list anyway.

View PostWelka1982, on 07 October 2011 - 11:56 AM, said:

I think you should change the key used to activate your mod so we can either completely remove the HUD classic style (F1) for those who like to make screnshots (like me)or have you mod activated.

If you press F1 you can cycle trough the 3 HUD modes;
- Adaptive-HUD mode (default)
- Classic-normal mode
- Classic-no-HUD mode

I'm probably going to replace Classic-normal mode with a mode that always hides the HUD, like Classic-no-HUD mode but with the arm.

#16

Welka1982
  • Location: Great Britain
  • Minecraft: Welka

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

View PostTurboSlow, on 07 October 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

If you press F1 you can cycle trough the 3 HUD modes;
- Adaptive-HUD mode (default)
- Classic-normal mode
- Classic-no-HUD mode

I'm probably going to replace Classic-normal mode with a mode that always hides the HUD, like Classic-no-HUD mode but with the arm.

The cycling between mods is good thing. I think you should leave it like that and allow the player to still have the classic-normal mode. You could possibly add an "hardcore" mode where you only see your hand and if you want to know what health you've got or your hunger bar, you'd have to press E for it.
Posted Image

#17

Draktonius853

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

wow. this is pretty cool

#18

TurboSlow

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

View PostWelka1982, on 07 October 2011 - 01:12 PM, said:

The cycling between mods is good thing. I think you should leave it like that and allow the player to still have the classic-normal mode. You could possibly add an "hardcore" mode where you only see your hand and if you want to know what health you've got or your hunger bar, you'd have to press E for it.

Good idea. hardcore mode will replace Adaptive-HUD mode when the game's difficulty is set to hard.

#19

KamiKazeKenji
  • Location: Above the Clouds

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

Nice! This looks very appealing. Bookmarking for future reference.

Elegant as the Wind, Silent as a Forest, Mysterious as the Ocean,
Fierce as Fire, Immovable as a Mountain, Righteous as the Light!


#20

HTOdinTH
    HTOdinTH

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Location: Norway FTW!
  • Minecraft: HTOdinTH

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

HUD = Herpy Uber Derp!
Anyways it's an awesome mod.
Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image


Posted Image