• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

One Game, Multiple Users?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

aoswald173

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

I have had minecraft for a while and now I have a second user on my computer. We would both like to mod independently but I cannot find a way. Are we locked into the same .bin file because we play off the same computer? Any help would be appreciated! P.S. I have tried using multiple launchers with no results.

Register or log in to remove.

Assassin588
  • Minecraft: Assassin588

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

you have to have 2 minecraft jar files that are in the bin and change the name each time you play

nick248
    nick248

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:43 AM

If the other user is using a different profile on the computer, then the .minecraft folders on the computer should be separate.

Edit: Also some user created tools let you run minecraft from different folders. Look under "Minecraft Tools" in the Mods and Mapping section of the forums.
Posted Image

FlameStormer2000
  • Location: Atop a massive Citadel built into the side of a mountain in a valley in Nevada. The outer walls made from obsidian, which arch over the field in front of them like frozen waves. The watchtowers on their tops patrolled by my various goons and carved from native rock, antique and reinforced with layered stone.
  • Minecraft: FlameStormer2000

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:47 AM

Me and my bro had (well have) this exact same problem. Due to Minecraft's drawing from the same .bin file we constantly run into difficulty (I prefer vanilla and he just loves messing around with most anything). Basically we just have separate .bin files (used to be entire jars) that we store in a separate folder when one of us is to playing. Then we just switch them when the other wants to play. Simple, but effective.
I now have a Planet Minecraft account! Support a starving Draconequus would you?

nick248
    nick248

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

Use this:
http://www.minecraft...ector-net-mcvs/
Posted Image

aoswald173

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

So how do I go about having 2 bin folders? Do I make a simple copy and paste of the current bin and just switch between them or is it more complicated?

gompasta
    gompasta

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Just rename the bin folder. Change the used bin to, say "SteveBin", and rename, say "GeorgeBin" to bin. Swap that around to the correct user each time before you start minecraft.
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta Mainly DF and Minecraft talk.