• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

KINGDOM HEARTS MOD! We NEED a MODELER!

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

keyblade522

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

HI guys! the mod is making great progress! slefi (our awesome coder :D ) is already done coding the keyblades and the magic system is almost done. we really could use a modeler. here are some of the ideas for the mod. there are more scattered throught the thread but these are the core ideas:

.keyblades-There should be different types of crafting recipes to make different keychains. It would probably take a ton of diamonds to make the Ultima Keyblade.
.heartless-After defeating a heartless, it'll drop a heart. Collect a certain number of hearts and you can build a portal to Kingdom Hearts. also could be hostile to all mobs and if it kills a mob a nobody could spawn.
.nobodies
.magic with various effects
.npc's from the games maybe?-Maybe even have supporting NPCs like Donald and Goofy.
.craftable gummy ships that could fly around
. organization 13 weaps
. new ore: oricalcum used to make keychains to change the keyblade. would be as rare as diamond and would require a diamond pick to mine.

recipes:

To make an Ultima keychain, do the following in the workbench.
:Diamond: :: :Diamond:
:Diamond: :DORE: :Diamond:
:DORE: :Diamond: :DORE:

:DORE: = Orichalcum

Then craft the keyblade by:
:: :: ::
:: :|: ::
:: :Iron: ::

:|: = Diamond Sword
:Iron: = Ultima Keychain

thanks to daftwizard for agreeing to help with the keyblade's  icon artwork

slefi has accepted to do most the coding so we  wont be needing any more coders!

any other idea that would make it even more awesome! thanks! :D

support this mod! put these in your signatures:

Posted Image Thx kbmaster16!

Posted Image
thx kensukeNl!

Posted Image
thx kensukeNL!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

kbmaster16

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:03 AM

I've actually been thinking about the details for a mod like this for a while. A decent Kingdom Hearts mod would do the following:

• Have keyblades of course. There should be different types of crafting recipes to make different keychains. It would probably take a ton of diamonds to make the Ultima Keyblade.
  • Have various types of heartless. After defeating a heartless, it'll drop a heart. Collect a certain number of hearts and you can build a portal to Kingdom Hearts.
  • Have spells with different effects
  • NPCs would be a plus. Maybe even have supporting NPCs like Donald and Goofy.
  • Craft gummy ships.

These suggestions would be a great start to a Kingdom Hearts mod. I hope someone decides to take on this project. =)

Daftwizard
  • Minecraft: Daftwizard

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

I'll help with the art for the keyblade icons :D
Don't let the magic deceive you.

geneticAnomaly

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:25 AM

this would be awesome!

It is very dark, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Posted Image

keyblade522

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

lol great to see theres other guys out there that would want this :D now all we need is someone to actually make the mod lol and what do you guys think about adding organization 13 weaps also? you know  like throw able chakrahms (sorry spelling) and maybe arrowguns like what xigbar uses. I'll update the first post with stuff we have agreed on. and yes i agree with you kbmaster.
Posted Image

loki93
    loki93

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Minecraft: lokil93

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

well for this mod you need specific materials to build keychain (i played KH2 too long a go to remember any of the materials) oricalcum should be one of those they should be rare as diamonds but found anywere minable only with diamond pik and well if not a new block a heartles should have a little chance to drop it but aside from that the heartless should spawn at night near villages and never despawn they should be limited in number (like 10-15 max) and depending in wich one\s you would like to do they should hunt down you and any mob near them (hostile mobs included)and if one of them manage to kill someting a nobody should spawn (if i remember correctly when someone turns into a heartless makes a nobody right?)

Posted Image

keyblade522

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

good idea loki thx for bringing that up
Posted Image

kbmaster16

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

Recipes for keyblades can be separated by crafting keychains first and then attaching them to a sword in the crafting menu.

For example:

To make an Ultima keychain, do the following in the workbench.
:Diamond: :: :Diamond:  
:Diamond: :DORE: :Diamond:  
:DORE: :Diamond: :DORE:

:DORE:  = Orichalcum

Then craft the keyblade by:
:: :|: ::  
:: :Iron: ::  

:|:  = Diamond Sword
:Iron:  = Ultima Keychain

I'm really pumped about this mod now that I know there are more people wanting it like I am. I hope that a code-savvy Kingdom Hearts fan will stumble upon this thread and decide to take the project on. In the meantime, I might try to figure out how to mod Minecraft and give an attempt at it. It'll be a long time for the mod to be released if I am the one to do it though, so lets hope a pro starts it first.

keyblade522

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

Ya good idea with the recipes and like you i really do hope that someone who is A. a kh fan and B. a ok or great modder could make this for real :D
Posted Image

kbmaster16

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I have an idea of how to reach Kingdom Hearts in this mod. The portal would be the same size as a nether or aether portal, but it would be made of different materials unique to the mod.

The frame should be made from orichalcum blocks. The recipe for a orichalcum block would be:

:DORE: :DORE: :DORE:  

Then, place the orichalcum blocks like so.

:White:  :White:  :White:  :White:
:White: :: :: :White:  
:White:  :White:  :White:  :White:

:White:  =  Orichalcum block

In order to activate the portal, you have to place 6 heart blocks inside the frame. A heart block would be crafted by 9 hearts that are gathered from heartless.

:RedShroom: :RedShroom: :RedShroom:  

:RedShroom:  = Heart

After the 6 heart blocks are placed in the frame, it'll allow you to go to Kingdom Hearts. This setup will make it very hard to make the door for Kingdom Hearts because of how rare orichalcum will be and it will require the player to hunt heartless. I'm not sure what incentive the player will have for going there yet, but I'm sure an idea will come.

I believe the door should be impossible to close unless a player with the Kingdom key (Realm of Light) and a player with the inverted Kingdom Key (Realm of darkness) right clicks on each side of the portal at the same exact time. The reason players may want to do this is that we could have darkside heartless constantly spawning around the Kingdom Hearts portal until it is closed. If this is implemented, then the mod will need to be server friendly.

keyblade522

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

good idea! man i can already see this becoming an awesome mod....got it memorized? (lol sorry couldn't resist)
Posted Image

keyblade522

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:39 AM

bump
Posted Image

Usukuragari

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Wow! Sound amazing!

Also, here's a little suggestion i thought would be kinda cool.

Another dimension. (The 100Acre Woods.)
Heartless should occasionally drop Lost Pages. And when you get 9 of em, you should be able to craft a that weird-ass Winny The Pooh-Book. And with that, you can acces the 100Acre Woods.
When you get there, you should be able to find multiple new blocks and items, like honey.

Sweet Memories Keychain Recipe:

:VV:  :DORE:  :VV:  
:VV: :DORE: :VV:  
::  :VV:  ::

:VV: = Honey
Posted Image

keyblade522

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

Lol i was never a very big fan of the 100 acre wood myself but ya that does sound like a good idea. anybody else think so?
Posted Image

Nevec_Remnant
  • Minecraft: Nevec_Remnant

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:12 AM

I like the sound of Orichalcum. I needz more Atlantis.

kbmaster16

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:53 PM

Usukuragari's idea is good and kinda relates to my next idea, which deals with Gummy blocks.

Gummy blocks can be found scattered across the surface of the world you spawn in, as if they fell from space. You can gather them over a period of time and craft them into different gummy block parts. You will also have to craft a gummy workbench to put the parts together. After you have crafted a gummy ship, you can use it to fly around your world and maybe even have weapons on it to shoot mobs.

The key feature that makes a gummy ship useful is that it'll allow you to go to other worlds. Once you board a gummy ship, you can pull a list of worlds up and choose which one you would like to go to. The main incentive for going to different worlds would be the different types of heartless that can drop different items in each world. The difficult part about this feature would be to figure out how to transfer yourself from one world folder to another while in-game.

How to possibly craft a gummy workbench:
:wood: :Turquoise:   ::
:Turquoise: :wood:   ::

:Turquoise:  = Gummy block
:wood:  = Wooden plank

How to possibly craft two wings for a gummy ship:
:Turquoise: :Turquoise: :Turquoise:  
:Turquoise: :Turquoise: :Turquoise:

:Turquoise:  = Gummy block

Usukuragari

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Awsome idea, Kbmaster16! Though, like you said, it would be difficult to code something like that.

Also, some more keychain recipes, lol.

Jungle King:

:Lime: :DORE: :Lime:
:Lime: :Lime: :Lime:
:: :Lime: ::

:DORE: = Orichalcum.
:Lime: = Vines.

Three Wishes:

:GoldBar: :GoldBar: :GoldBar:
:: :DORE: ::
:: :GoldBar: ::

:GoldBar: = Gold Bar.

Crabclaw:

:Water: :DORE: :Water:
:Water: :Water: :Water:
:: :DORE: ::

:Water: = Bucket/Bottle of water.

Pumpkinhead:

:Orange: :Orange: :Orange:
:Orange: :DORE: :Orange:
:Orange: :Orange: :Orange:

:Orange: = Pumpkin.

Devine Rose:

:DORE: :RFlower: :DORE:
:RFlower: :RFlower: :RFlower:
:RFlower: :RFlower: :RFlower:

:RFlower: = Red Rose.

Oblivion:

:DORE: :obsidian: :DORE:
:obsidian: :DORE: :obsidian:
:obsidian: :obsidian: :obsidian:

:obsidian: = Obsidian.

And maybe, instead of adding multiple worlds/dimension, it might be a good idea to add biomes for every world. I know it sucks, but adding all those dimensions would take alot of space, and alot of time.

- Wonderland Biome; Sh*t load of flowers, little lakes with lilypads, bushes (leaves).
- Agrabah Biome; Tons of sand, sandstone buildings, and maybe caves, where you can find treasures. (Cave of Wonders).
- Atlantica Biome; Loads, and loads of water, with litte underwater caves you can explore.
- Deep Jungle Biome; Thick Forests, with vines everywhere.
- Halloween Town Biome; Tons of pumpkins, of course. And maybe make it, so that it will always be dark in those biomes.

Well, that's all i have for now. I hope someone will pick up this Mod soon, and actually starts to code it. :P
Posted Image

keyblade522

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

Wow! great ideas everyone! i agree with Usukuragari that biomes would probably be easier to code then different demensions. I still like the gummi ship idea though. hmmm maybe we could do something like the airship/ zeppelin mod?
Posted Image

kbmaster16

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Usukuragari said:

And maybe, instead of adding multiple worlds/dimension, it might be a good idea to add biomes for every world. I know it sucks, but adding all those dimensions would take alot of space, and alot of time.

- Wonderland Biome; Sh*t load of flowers, little lakes with lilypads, bushes (leaves).
- Agrabah Biome; Tons of sand, sandstone buildings, and maybe caves, where you can find treasures. (Cave of Wonders).
- Atlantica Biome; Loads, and loads of water, with litte underwater caves you can explore.
- Deep Jungle Biome; Thick Forests, with vines everywhere.
- Halloween Town Biome; Tons of pumpkins, of course. And maybe make it, so that it will always be dark in those biomes.

My problem with the biome idea is that it would make alot of worlds seem repetitive and clutter your world.  It would probably be even more complex to do that because alot of worlds have unique buildings, which would be hard to replicate with random generation. The villages in vanilla Minecraft are already buggy enough. With the gummy ship idea, each world can be made any way we want it to before release so that we can be sure that it is flawless. Also, the world you spawn in can sort of be like the homeworld that you begin in, like Destiny Islands. I'd suggest making Destiny Islands the starting world, but then that takes away from random generation of gummy blocks and orichalcum.

I do like your ideas of how each world will look like though.  :lol:

View Postkeyblade522, on 10 October 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

Wow! great ideas everyone! i agree with Usukuragari that biomes would probably be easier to code then different demensions. I still like the gummi ship idea though. hmmm maybe we could do something like the airship/ zeppelin mod?

I was actually thinking of the Airship mod when I was developing the idea for gummy ships.  ;)

keyblade522

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

hmmm good point XD
Posted Image