• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.7.2] BuildCraft 5.0.0 - (Blueprints, Pipes, Quarry, Auto Crafting, Building, Engines)

• Please log in to reply
20825 replies to this topic

SpaceToad
  • Minecraft: spacetoad

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

metalman11ty1 said:

amazing what else are you going add?

Eventually, building machines - which is why it's called BuildCraft ;-)

But for the next release, just some extra mining capabilities + bug fixes.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SweetBone

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

gud...gud...gud...but when is someone going to make a real building mod, something more like a building venicle...? xD ---> Posted Image

Posted Image

Rhodan
    Rhodan

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

The more I play with these pipes, the more I love them!  
How about allowing the pipes to supply fuel and materials to furnaces?  Objects that arrive from below go in the fuel slot, objects that arrive from the top get melted.  Pipes that connect to the side can take out the finished products.  With this you could easily make your own factory!

SpaceToad

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:59 PM

Rhodan said:

The more I play with these pipes, the more I love them!  
How about allowing the pipes to supply fuel and materials to furnaces?  Objects that arrive from below go in the fuel slot, objects that arrive from the top get melted.  Pipes that connect to the side can take out the finished products.  With this you could easily make your own factory!

That's part of the plan too ;-) Actually, pretty doable, would probably get in sooner than the building machine. Envisioning automatic crafting machines as well. This has already been done by other mods and doesn't raise any particular technical issue. But right now, I'm working on the advanced mining machine.
Posted Image

Lochlain
    Lochlain

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

Tested the long range abilities, the blocks fall out of the pipe after 250 something of pieces of pipe, need to do more testing but that 250 range works for short transport tubes making the tube from the base rock to be very usable thing. I have to test if one could make a repeater station around 200 blocks and see if that allows extending the range to my needs.

Ps: the pipes do not allow sneaking along it to build the pipe as other blocks do, do not know if it is intentional or not but makes pipe building tad harder.

mostlikely

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

SpaceToad said:

mostlikely said:

Mining wells (when activated) and mining pipes (when placed) crash my game.Is this some odd interaction with the other mods I'm using or is this feature still WIP?
Potentially - but it's difficult to say without a backtrace. Could you launch the game from the command line, and see what it yells? I may have stabilities issues on my end.
Is it on a brand new world or an existing one? Does it work fine on a new world?

I only tested on brand new worlds. Mind I'm cheating mining wells with inv-edit.

I have trouble starting from the command line atm (normal works fine). Anyways, don't worry too much about it. If it works fine for you it's something on my end. I'l look at it in more detail later and report back if I find anything.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

sikkfatgirls

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

does that mine thing bring out coal

spikeof2010
    spikeof2010

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Minecraft: spikeof2010

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:23 PM

Awesome. :D
Posted Image

Creeperzcreep said:

this is like telling 5 year old santa's not real

silentsource

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

I've started reediting the future update textures, I finished the 5 filters + GUI and the complete new Mining machine yet.

Preview: (Upper ones are mine, lower ones are current ones)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

If you (SpaceToad) like these textures please tell me, then I'll give you the source and start reediting pipes + gears :iapprove: . Otherwise just ignore this.

BTW: Lol, I just realize this mod is nearly exactly what I suggested for Industrialcraft:

Me, In the IC Thread said:

I got another suggestion the this mod:

The automated raw material transport system

So, automatedrawmaterialtransportsystem, what does this mean?

It means the possibiltiy to transport items from chests to users of that item (or other chests), for example a chest linked to an a iron/electric furnace transports via transportation pipes transports ores/smeltable items indside it to the furnace.

But why this? It's not really difficult too transport a few ores to the furnace yourself.

The main idea of this suggestion is beeing able to link chest from automated miners to furnaces.
Example of a situation where this would come in very handy:

You have more then 30 automated miners underground to get all the awesome ores and materlias down in the earth quickly, but you always have to run to every miner if you want to collect your materials. You have to run to 30 different places to get all the stuff and afterwards you have to put it in your furnaces, generators or wahtever by hand, too. Expactable, this costs lots of useful time... more time than you have and you want to spent to these miners.

But as I already mentioned, you need transportation pipes for the transportation of your materials:

Posted Image

Posted Image

You link there pipes just as you do it with cable and everything works perfectly.

That would be too easy, won't it?

Also if these pipes are already really expensive (when you use them in hundereds), you'll need another expensive thingy.
Items dont start move just because there is a pipe next to them, they need something to start the movement inside the pipes, a something like that:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is an Airstream Generator, that like it's name expains, creates an "airstream" inside the transportation pipes while at least 30 EU/s are linked too it.
But this generator does'nt know which direction it shall produce the airstream if you just like one and another side of it, right?
So you'll just have to place the transportation pipes in the kind you do it with the HV Transformer: All 4 sides can be the input, the output is on the top. So the "wind" will flow in the outputs direction.

Here's a demo screenshot  of all that:

Posted Image

I hope you like my suggestion, kthxbai.

BTW, could it be that you got inspired by Alblaka's Automated Miner to make this mod? :iapprove:

Posted Image

yaminub
    yaminub

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

damn that is sweet

SpaceToad

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:32 PM

Lochlain said:

Tested the long range abilities, the blocks fall out of the pipe after 250 something of pieces of pipe, need to do more testing but that 250 range works for short transport tubes making the tube from the base rock to be very usable thing. I have to test if one could make a repeater station around 200 blocks and see if that allows extending the range to my needs.

That's definitely not expected - interresting. May be a precision issue in the detection of the pipe boundaries.

Ps: the pipes do not allow sneaking along it to build the pipe as other blocks do, do not know if it is intentional or not but makes pipe building tad harder.

Pipes collision boxes is smaller than an actual block, so I guess that's preventing from sneaking.
Posted Image

metalman11ty1
  • Minecraft: metalman11ty1

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

hmm i have a problem i have a diamond pipe with four directions green, red, yellow, and blue. I have it so things go in the green and then i put dirt in red and cobble in blue. and then everything else goes out the yellow, but when things enter the diamond pipe, the just disapear what do i do?

CRYTIK
    CRYTIK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Minecraft: Steve_Nanners Z0MB1E_MA3

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

HI IM NOT A NOOB AT INSTALLING STUFF NOT AT ALL

but i need more info on this one PLEASE HELP ):

SpaceToad

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

sikkfatgirls said:

does that mine thing bring out coal

Yup - coal, diamonds, flint... Anything from the ground, including stuff provided by other mods in theory...
Posted Image

gittonsxv

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

Love this =D i hope you make even more amazing mods, i have so many ideas for this and i love the pipes =D
Paincraft - come feel the pain

viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=228170

CRYTIK
    CRYTIK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS MOD LOOKS AMAZING SO SO AMAZING I GOTTA GO TO BED SOON AND IM SEEING EVERY SINGLE POST SAY WORKS GRATE AND ITS AMAZING

LIKE I SAID IM NOT A NOOB AT INSTALLING STUFF NOT AT ALL BUT HOW
DO YOU IN THIS ONE PLEEEEASE HELP!!!
:DBlock:  :)  :SSSS:
i gibe you :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :DBlock:  IF YOU HELP

p.s CRYTIK

SpaceToad

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

CrazyErik said:

I've started reediting the future update textures, I finished the 5 filters + GUI and the complete new Mining machine yet.

If you (SpaceToad) like these textures please tell me, then I'll give you the source and start reediting pipes + gears :D . Otherwise just ignore this.

Many thanks - I do like your proposals a lot! So by all means, please go ahead an suggest edits!

BTW: Lol, I just realize this mod is nearly exactly what I suggested for Industrialcraft:

[...]

BTW, could it be that you got inspired by Alblaka's Automated Miner to make this mod? :Diamond:

It's amazing how a lot of people are coming with the same ideas ;-). I actually wasn't inspired by this Alblaka, but this kind of extractor is really the obvious way to go. I'm really hoping to get down with something much cuter, but fighting with graphical functionalities right now.
Posted Image

SpaceToad

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

metalman11ty1 said:

hmm i have a problem i have a diamond pipe with four directions green, red, yellow, and blue. I have it so things go in the green and then i put dirt in red and cobble in blue. and then everything else goes out the yellow, but when things enter the diamond pipe, the just disapear what do i do?

Not sure. Play around, see if removing one part of the pipe fixes the issue, or doing little changes here and there to come up with the exact buggy scenario. Then I can fix.
Posted Image

CRYTIK
    CRYTIK

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:54 PM

SpaceToad said:

metalman11ty1 said:

Not sure. Play around, see if removing one part of the pipe fixes the issue, or doing little changes here and there to come up with the exact buggy scenario. Then I can fix.

hello there im pritty shure youve seen my caps lock posts i posted

read them and plaese plese comment back on how i install this mod i need it so bad before i go to bed

Lochlain
    Lochlain

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

Well repeater station does work but it does not extend the range any further than without the repeater. I even straightened the pipe to see if it was just due a bend in the pipe, but nope.

But I did make one test and ran to the repeater station before the blocks arrived there, then the blocks seem to continue unhindered making me think the issue might be related to the presence of the character within certain range, perhaps?

About the drill, it leaves the drill bit in the hole. I have nothing against that but some kind of a tool to demolish them instantly would be nice. At the moment the drill bit allows slow descent and placing the ladders which is very handy but when you have 100+ drill bits it starts to get annoying to hammer them away piece by piece, even if those break very easily.

And it works nicely for coal and iron, have not yet found other pieces to test it on.