Vswe

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 992 posts
  • Minecraft: Vswe and Sir_Advew

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostHov, on 26 November 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

When I need the cart to stop after it takes off I have to run ahead of it, break a track out and lay down an advanced detector rail. Then to get it going again I need to apply redstone to the advanced detector rail and after it's on it way again replace the advanced detector rail with the one that was there before. Seems a little too much. There are several other times when you just need it to stop and always running ahead of it to lay down a advanced detector track is a pain.

The chunk loader will not activate when engine is disabled and forces you to use a module toggler.

Just turn off its engine. I don't see what the problem is.
Do you want to know what's happening behind the sceens? Follow me on twitter @Steves_Carts
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Ireee
    Ireee

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostVswe, on 26 November 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Just to expand:
Set the engine to disabled, load everything in, enable the engine.

If he doesn't like that, he can always do this:
Alternatively you can put down a single piece of rail, put down the cart.
Then push the cart from the rails, get the rail back.
Configure the cart as you with.
Push it on the actual railroad.
Three iron ingots and two stick don't make a pickaxe.
Three iron ingots, two sticks and craftsman's effort do!

Hov
    Hov

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

You mean disable the engine.

There is no problem if you have the time. With a drill attached it can destroy a lot before you  can cycle thru high, medium, low and disabled. These carts run fast. Then when you do that to get the chunk loader working again you have to lay advanced detector tracks on both sides, who knows which way it will want to go next, add coal, set the priority, catch it on the detector track, enable the chuck loader, place a lever and send it on it's way. Remove the detector tracks and lever.

If there was an on/off switch it would be no problem.

debal
    debal

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Have you planned to add other mod compatible engines? Like some engine running on IC2 electricity other on liquid fuels and so on...

It could be a little bit OP, but it looks awesome

Modernkennnern
  • Minecraft: Kennnern

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Hi!
I have been getting this error message a lot of times in the past time, anyone know what it is, and if so, how to fix it?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/1389982/

I get it whenever I have had my server on for over 5 minutes, and I try to open the cart I have
the modules I am using are:
Reinforced Hull
Coal Engine
Hardened Drill
Torch Placer
Bridge Builder
Railer
Cleaning Machine
Advanced Shooter
Internal Storage
Internal Storage
Internal Storage
Internal Storage
Chunk Loader
Height Controller
Liquid Sensors
Entity Detector: Monsters
Colorizer

Posted Image

harley9699

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostHov, on 26 November 2012 - 06:31 PM, said:

You mean disable the engine.

There is no problem if you have the time. With a drill attached it can destroy a lot before you  can cycle thru high, medium, low and disabled. These carts run fast. Then when you do that to get the chunk loader working again you have to lay advanced detector tracks on both sides, who knows which way it will want to go next, add coal, set the priority, catch it on the detector track, enable the chuck loader, place a lever and send it on it's way. Remove the detector tracks and lever.

If there was an on/off switch it would be no problem.
I've thought this whole (discussion) time he means just to push shift, while you're in the cart, to slow it to a stop. Didn't this start with you asking about while you were in the cart?

Posted Image

dean2016258
  • Minecraft: dean2016258

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

May i please use this mod in my modpack? i will provide credit and a link to this mod forum as needed. thx in advance
Posted Image

Vswe
    Vswe

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 992 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

View Postdean2016258, on 27 November 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

May i please use this mod in my modpack? i will provide credit and a link to this mod forum as needed. thx in advance

If you do that as well as having permission from all other mod authors as well as not earning money on distributing my mod.
Do you want to know what's happening behind the sceens? Follow me on twitter @Steves_Carts
Posted Image

dean2016258
  • Minecraft: dean2016258

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostVswe, on 27 November 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

If you do that as well as having permission from all other mod authors as well as not earning money on distributing my mod.
thx. I can meet those requirements
Posted Image

Hov
    Hov

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I guess I will give up trying since I can't get anywhere anyway.

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

Odd... some items in this mod have the same ID's as some blocks/items in Twilight Forest. I tried changing ID's on either one in the configs but it always ends up crashing the game :(
Posted Image

estradus
  • Minecraft: estradus

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

Hey, not sure if this has been mentioned yet (there are many pages of posts and my screen is very small) but are there any plans to add an enderchest module, so the minecart can access / load into the standard enderchest; just mine off in the middle of nowhere and load it all into my house?
Posted Image

brewdoggy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

View PostAeraesoria, on 27 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Odd... some items in this mod have the same ID's as some blocks/items in Twilight Forest. I tried changing ID's on either one in the configs but it always ends up crashing the game Posted Image
have you tried the mod ID Resolver
http://www.minecraft...olver-update-0/

rrusciguy
    rrusciguy

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • Minecraft: rrusciguy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

View Postbrewdoggy, on 27 November 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

have you tried the mod ID Resolver
http://www.minecraft...olver-update-0/

but thats more of a workaround than a solution. the problem is that Divine RPG seems to have block ids that arent configurable and are not in the cfg. id suggest installing Divine RPG first then editing the IDs from other mods to fit around the Divine RPG, then you can simply transfer over the working IDs when you update MC, rather than having to hope that IDR gives the same IDs out in the same configuration
"my build. I push the buttons" -DW
He's a mad man with a box
Posted Image

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postrrusciguy, on 27 November 2012 - 05:20 AM, said:

but thats more of a workaround than a solution. the problem is that Divine RPG seems to have block ids that arent configurable and are not in the cfg. id suggest installing Divine RPG first then editing the IDs from other mods to fit around the Divine RPG, then you can simply transfer over the working IDs when you update MC, rather than having to hope that IDR gives the same IDs out in the same configuration

Did I say I was using Divine RPG? No I said I was using Twilight Forest.
Posted Image

Hoothootmen
  • Minecraft: hoothootmen

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Hi Vswe,
I have a question; We of XtreamCraft/XtreamServers are busy porting the FTB pack to Bukkit, and I wonder if I could receive permissions to publish this mod when I ported it to Bukkit (1.4.2)

Vswe
    Vswe

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 992 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

View Postestradus, on 27 November 2012 - 03:52 AM, said:

Hey, not sure if this has been mentioned yet (there are many pages of posts and my screen is very small) but are there any plans to add an enderchest module, so the minecart can access / load into the standard enderchest; just mine off in the middle of nowhere and load it all into my house?

http://stevescarts2....gested Features

View PostAeraesoria, on 27 November 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Odd... some items in this mod have the same ID's as some blocks/items in Twilight Forest. I tried changing ID's on either one in the configs but it always ends up crashing the game :(

Well, you still have id conflicts if so, nothing I can do about it really.

View PostHoothootmen, on 27 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

Hi Vswe,
I have a question; We of XtreamCraft/XtreamServers are busy porting the FTB pack to Bukkit, and I wonder if I could receive permissions to publish this mod when I ported it to Bukkit (1.4.2)

Well, I'm not supporting 1.4.2 anymore but I guess that could be possible.
Posted Image

debal
    debal

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Spoiler:

OK, sorry, I'll look more carefully before posting ^^'

BTW, the path finder module (ID=16) could use GPS and some sort of special torches, maybe similar to buildcraft ones. The torches could point different directions, and the carts would try to reach the block adjacent to the face the torch is pointing at. Torches could also have a laser and when activated, they would mark the block the laser collides with.

Vswe
    Vswe

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 992 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

View Postdebal, on 27 November 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Spoiler:

OK, sorry, I'll look more carefully before posting ^^'

BTW, the path finder module (ID=16) could use GPS and some sort of special torches, maybe similar to buildcraft ones. The torches could point different directions, and the carts would try to reach the block adjacent to the face the torch is pointing at. Torches could also have a laser and when activated, they would mark the block the laser collides with.

That page is just a few hours old so no matter how careful you would have looked you wouldn't have found it.

hmm, I don't know. The cart would have to scan quite a big area all the time(to look for the torches) which would be  a bit time consuming I guess.
Posted Image

debal
    debal

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

I see... I was actually thinking of saving the pointed positions in a list (maybe different lists using different colours) and then the carts looking in these lists

However, I have no idea how to implement this, I don't know programming or modding, it's just an idea, hoping to help you