• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

My friends think minecraft is stupid because the graphics

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

The Avicide

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

Lol I was walking home from school and we were just talking about Pc games and i brung up minecraft and they said it so stupid because the graphics look "stupid", its so dumb because you kill cows with hammers and it makes no sence. What do you think? They play games like Mabinogi and rumble fighters they don't even have a console expect for a wii. One of them believes Wii is the best console ever!

We are all 16
Hey wanna be my friend OR one of my subscribers here is the place
My youtube channel

Register or log in to remove.

BrentProductions

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

I think they are 9-year-olds.

Dimondium
    Dimondium

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3262 posts
  • Minecraft: xZER0

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

...kill cows with hammers?
WTF.
That's...stupid.
SHOW THEM THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY. NOW. They will change their mind.

That's like saying My Little Pony is stupid; without having watched, nor analyzed it. It's so obviously prejudiced. And they have no facts to back their opinion up. We have an entire fanbase.(Minecraft fanbase. Not... y'know... the 3000+ page thread in off-topic...)

Gatling_Tech
  • Minecraft: "GLaDOS".

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

haters gonna hate

Syeonyx
    Syeonyx

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1163 posts
  • Minecraft: ArkantosDT
  • Xbox:ArkantosDT

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

They obviously don't believe then that a game should be able to stand up on immersion and content alone! It's not all about graphics, and someone coming from a Wii background is probably going to scoff at the lack of Mario anyway...

Posted Image

jokrage
    jokrage

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1127 posts
  • Minecraft: BJ_HEROS

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

dont let them be your friends the one who likes wii is like a 6 year old who thinks DS is the all time best thing and + there both stupid dont read or watch stuff people who listen to something and think its stupid
if you let them be your friends you will slowly betray mojang and stop liking minecraft and like some other lame games
"It's camouflaged. It's disguised as a police telephone box from 1963. Every time the TARDIS materializes in a new location, within the first nanosecond of landing, it analyses its surroundings, calculates a twelve-dimensional data map of everything within a thousand mile radius and the determines which outer shell would blend in best with the environment... and then it disguises itself as a police telephone box from 1963."                                                                      -The Doctor

Xoncom
    Xoncom

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • Minecraft: Xoncom

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

They suck... bet their favorite game is cod on the wii to... no offence but they got no experience with gaming or computers at all...
Posted Image

Thrustin
    Thrustin

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

This game is amazing, I don't mind the graphics at all. And doesn't this have a lot better graphics than the Wii? Just because it is blocky doesn't make the graphics suck....

Knuxfan24

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

I hate people who believe that a game is terrible just because the graphics aren't good.Posted Image
Place all the Blocks!

Nbord
    Nbord

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Minecraft: Nbord

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

They're not true gamers c:
Games are about gameplay, story, plot, immersion, suspense, etc.; graphics are just fancy extras.
The graphics of Minecraft are perfect. I think they actually add to the simple nature of the game.
Plus, if they don't like the graphics, they can patch the game and use a (HD) texture pack.
Posted Image

jokrage
    jokrage

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1127 posts
  • Minecraft: BJ_HEROS

View PostBrentProductions, on 01 October 2011 - 08:40 PM, said:

I think they are 9-year-olds.
more like 6 year olds
"It's camouflaged. It's disguised as a police telephone box from 1963. Every time the TARDIS materializes in a new location, within the first nanosecond of landing, it analyses its surroundings, calculates a twelve-dimensional data map of everything within a thousand mile radius and the determines which outer shell would blend in best with the environment... and then it disguises itself as a police telephone box from 1963."                                                                      -The Doctor

TheBarkingFrog
  • Minecraft: TheBarkingFrog

Show them some gameplay or something, if they still don't like it, nothing you can do.
Posted Image

The Avicide

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

View Postjokrage, on 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

dont let them be your friends the one who likes wii is like a 6 year old who thinks DS is the all time best thing and + there both stupid dont read or watch stuff people who listen to something and think its stupid
if you let them be your friends you will slowly betray mojang and stop liking minecraft and like some other lame games
I wont ever turn to other games, i only play minecraft, some terraria and my favorite game of all time ... Team Fortress 2!
My youtube channel

The Avicide

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

View PostXoncom, on 01 October 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

They suck... bet their favorite game is cod on the wii to... no offence but they got no experience with gaming or computers at all...
Sad thing is they are gaming nerds and all they play is pc. they play crappy rumble fighter and Mabinogi and one of them has a wii and only mari they dont even have Cod ahha
My youtube channel

Xoncom
    Xoncom

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • Minecraft: Xoncom

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

View Postjokrage, on 01 October 2011 - 08:42 PM, said:

dude... really? hope your just "kidding"... i like wii and im 15... i got Ds too... that doesnt mean i am 6 years old... Mario has been with me the whole life and im not giving it up because some guy like u says that it is on the wii and wii is for looser that are 6 years old... And he wont betray Mojang and it wont mean that he will stop liking Minecraft... he likes the games he likes and friends cannot change that... so everything u said was completely wrong... just give up... -.-''
Posted Image

KillaMarci

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:55 PM

"LOLOLOLOL COD BLACK OPS SO MUCH BETTER GRAFIX THAN MINECRAFT AND MINECRAFT HAS NO GUNS AND COD IS BETTERERER LOLOLOLOLOL"

- all of my friends
Posted Image

kyrk
    kyrk

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Three of my friends said minecraft was boring(without even playing it).I showed them the game and they loved it.One have already bought it with is brothers and the other two is thinking of buying it.
Posted Image It´s a dragon egg!

The_Dragoon
  • Minecraft: TheDragoon7

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Geez, it's like this one user, CoDFansUnite that was spamming The Yogscast's Shadow of Israphel last night. Saying all Minecraft players are "Gay Teenagers that can't afford a real console"

-I am a teen, so I can't argue that...

-I am a male that likes women, so I'm not gay. (I hate it when people use gay as an insult, though)

-I have a PS2, an X-Box360, AND a Nintendo DS, I just happen to also enjoy Minecraft. (Also it's slowing starting to come to consoles, so...)

He also claimed Call of Duty was a million times better.

Which made me Face Palm, because you can't compare a first person shooter game about war to an albeit first person Action/Platformer  about Mining. You could argue about graphics, but that just shows how young, and spoiled you are.

So you can't really compare them at all. And if you argue about graphics, that is in my opinion a really bad choice.

Back when gaming first came out, they had 2-bit graphics, and low quality sound. AND THEY LIKED IT! Heck, even I, a teenager enjoy a good ol' game of Pac-Man, or some SNES games.

But my point is, if you argue with them, odds are it'll just end badly. (Because odds are they were trolling/being spoiled teenagers)

You just have to do this:  :rolleyes:

And let them be that way, while you enjoy what they're missing out on.

At least in my opinion(s).
My Let's Play Forum (In Development)
http://z13.invisionf...gule/index.php?

KillaMarci

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

View PostThe_Dragoon, on 01 October 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

"Gay Teenagers that can't afford a real console"

Can't afford a real console? PC's cost way more than consoles lol
Posted Image

Stratagerm
  • Minecraft: Stratagerm

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

View PostThe Avicide, on 01 October 2011 - 08:39 PM, said:

My friends think minecraft is stupid because the graphics
Get new friends.  :P

More seriously though, it sounds like they're immature. You're able to look beyond graphics to appreciate Minecraft's gameplay, which they can't yet do. Be patient, if they're true gamers, they'll get into Minecraft eventually.