• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft not download Resource Folder

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sleepy068

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

Hey all, ive been surfing the web and looking absolutely everywhere for fix for my problem but i cannot seem to find a solution anywhere, i do apologise if a solution is around but i just didnt see it.

Problem:

When i update or start a fresh copy of minecraft the game doesn't download/update the "Resource" folder properly, if at all.
At times the game seems to download only a fragment of the resource file and contiunes to do so each time i force update but won't ever download ALL of the Resource folder, even after many force updates, thing is i shouldnt have to do that anyway.
The end result is the game doesn't have all the sounds, if any, when im playing, such as footsteps, block breaking, etc and i have no idea how to fix this.

I am running Windows Vista x64 and am using the latest version of the launcher from minecraft.net, but note i am running x64 Java just so you know. I never had this problem before, it seems quite recent actually.

UPDATE:

I did some more testing on another computer i own, it has completely different specs and is running Windows 7 32 bit with up to date java/open GL, it has only recentally been reformatted so i downloaded a fresh copy of minecraft and the game did not have any sounds! It turned out the Resource folder again failed to download/extract correctly and as result minecraft had no sounds to play. Is this a glitch or did my two computers just happen to have the same problem? I own/have access to more computers so ill test this problem further later on.

Question:

How do i fix this problem?
Also note, suggesting to manually download the Resource folder from an external site for each update isnt a solution but thanks anyways.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide.
God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind I will never die.

Register or log in to remove.

sleepy068

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

Alright its been over 12hrs since i made the topic and no help yet.

I did however test minecraft on 2 other computers, a laptop and another Desktop PC, running Windows Vista 64bit and Windows 7 32bit respectively. Both computers failed to properly extract/download the Resource folder from minecraft.net and as result my games dont have any sounds.

By the seems of it, it looks like it might a router/network issue between my router and minecraft.net but i dont know this for sure. Ill reset my router and reconfigure my network connections to see if that helps.

Any assistance would be greatly appericated.
God put me on this Earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind I will never die.

Johnosuper
  • Minecraft: johnosuper

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

Well try deleting the resource file
See if that works

Posted Image

C.S. Lewis said:

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”

sleepy068

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:46 AM

Just deleting the Resource file didnt seem to fix the problem, however it appears the problem can be fixed by simply playing the game for awhile. I noticed that new sounds, like ambient, damage started to pop up the in the resource file! So if i just keep playing the game, the sounds appear to eventually fill in and all sounds eventually return.

It would just appear that the Resource folder extracts quite slowly on my computers, probably a glitch but the sounds do return after playing the game for some time! I was just too impatient at first to realise this! :S

Thanks for you help anyways though, wouldnt have found the solution without trying what you suggested!

GunThaSun
  • Minecraft: Dirk_pwnz

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:10 AM

I would first try to remove the Whole .minecraft fie, if that doesn't work you should re-download the launcher

i have no other idea:\

[color="#ff0000"][/center][img][/color][url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/741823-killion-detention-center-updated-125-nether-potions-more-transfers-open-prison-server/"]http://imgur.com/ROdKq[/url][/img][/url]

Sig provided my meh :D[/center]

RAVENTACO

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:18 AM

meh

Posted Image