• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[REQ] Removing creepers? Please?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

SaiyanKirby

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

Creepers are the reason I always play on peaceful. They aren't hard to kill, but they're SO ANNOYING. If you get caught off-guard by one, they take your hard work and throw it out the window.

Could someone please make a mod to remove creepers from the spawn code, or disables their explosions? I can deal with any other mob, I just don't like how they blow your shit up. I don't want to just play on peaceful all the time. :/

Register or log in to remove.

JoelMacro

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

use the sky mod to make them non-explosive :)

yatima2975

Posted 31 October 2010 - 05:34 PM

If you're still on 1.1.2, you're in luck :-) My tunable Creeper Mod (http://www.minecraft...hp?f=25&t=65750) allows you to set the explosion force to zero. So creepers just go 'hiss, poof' but nobody is hurt. This won't work for the Halloween update however :iapprove:

SaiyanKirby

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:00 PM

Could you fix it for the Halloween patch? That's pretty much exactly what I was looking for, but I have the most recent update. :/

yatima2975

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

I'll get on it, but it won't be another day or two, sorry... Didn't you keep backups?

SaiyanKirby

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

No, I don't think I have any backups. :/
I can wait. In the meantime, I'm trying to explore this huge cave system...

Nurio
    Nurio

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Minecraft: Nurio

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

Well, that sucks, SaiyanKirby. I always make sure I make personal backups of every minecraft.jar so I never get any trouble if I want to revert to previous versions.

Nurio's SplotchBlock Texture Pack - http://www.minecraft...pic.php?t=38671

riceman51

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

if your building something build a wall around it then creepers cant go in so make sure to put torches around it and you should make the 1st layer of the wall dirt because its easy to dig up and 2nd layer glass then 3rd dirt and so on if you want.
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Mikfly
    Mikfly

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Mikfly

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:44 AM

I would like a way to have creepers removed without relying on a mod, as my server is vanilla until Bukkit has an official launch.

Cool12309
  • Minecraft: Cool12309

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:47 AM

Heh.

2 things, bumper.

One, only way to remove creepers while on Easy+ is to use a mod/change what mobs spawn(which means using a mod.. >.>)

Two, you are going to get slapped for bumping this almost 4 month old thread.
Posted Image

thunderz, via a game, said:

And we could both suck at it together

Piecejr said:

CHRIS2384 said:

titanic plates moving to cause an
earthquake but still COOL
I pray to god you meant tectonic.

Windriver-V2

Posted 31 January 2011 - 06:47 AM

No. Just no.
Creepers are what keeps you on your toes, they make it all more interesting.
With out creepers minecraft will lose all meaning (the little that it had) survival.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

SaiyanKirby

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:04 PM

Windriver-V2 said:

No. Just no.
Creepers are what keeps you on your toes, they make it all more interesting.
With out creepers minecraft will lose all meaning (the little that it had) survival.
I'm more interested in building than surviving, but playing on peaceful gets boring sometimes. Right now I have a mod that lets creepers explode and do damage, but their explosion doesn't harm the environment. That's perfect for me.