• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

szemere
    szemere

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

The construction: I want to make a trap, without visible pistons, in my flat floor. Because the entire room has parts that are 7, 5 or 3 blocks wide, I would want the trap to be 3x2, so I can make it 3 wide (1 is too small, and 2 wouldn't be in the center of the room.
This trap would be a sticky piston pulling a block down, where the sticky piston and the block together would be pulled to the side by 2 other pistons. Now as far as I know, I can't make a sticky piston pull more than one block down with it, but I have the space under the floor to do whatever I want. The room itself tho, can not be changed.

The room: It is all lava-cave themed. There is a big flat platform, with lava around it, so I can not use any walls.

The half-way-there solution: I just need to get it working in 3x2...

Register or log in to remove.

Peppe
    Peppe

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1215 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:38 PM

Can we do anything we want below the floor level?

You want a 3x2 floor section on the surface that has no visible redstone.  When a button is pressed a piston retracts a block 1 down and then the piston and block retracts into the walls forming a pit.

FreeFell

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

Closed from above:

Spoiler:

Closed from below:

Spoiler:

Note the dirt blocks between the mechanism and the redstone torches, these are the key to the device.

Open:

Spoiler:

We need to pull back three layers, instead of two. If you put the torches directly below the pistons, you can't turn them off without the pistons firing once they are retracted (unless you get into pulses and the like).

The wiring is very simple, just have the lowest row of pistons fire two ticks before the upper two rows (both on and off). You do not need to turn off the torches.

Unknown_Phate

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

try moving all the repeaters to line up on the sides, or do my favorite method.

Use wooden 1/2 steps(they dont burn), and make a porch, the 1/2 steps hide redstone so you dont need the vertical pistons, just use two rows of sticky pistons to activate at a lever.  It also makes the house look better, use some wood planks and add a bench, add an overhang with fences, and tada

Hey, you there.  Yeah, you.  If this post helped you, why dont you give it a +1?

Posted Image

Peppe
    Peppe

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1215 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

Looks like I made the same thing as FreeFell, except using pulses to turn off the torches.  I'll post a video in a few.

Video:

szemere
    szemere

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:57 PM

Seems EXACTLY what I was looking for, thanks a bunch =D I will try and recreate it in singleplayer before putting it on the survival server of my guild, seems awesome <3

View PostUnknown_Phate, on 29 September 2011 - 03:55 PM, said:

try moving all the repeaters to line up on the sides, or do my favorite method.

Use wooden 1/2 steps(they dont burn), and make a porch, the 1/2 steps hide redstone so you dont need the vertical pistons, just use two rows of sticky pistons to activate at a lever.  It also makes the house look better, use some wood planks and add a bench, add an overhang with fences, and tada

Haha, I was more like making a big cave of doom <3 Thanks for the suggestion tho, when I want to make it a bit more cozy I will be sure to implement it =D

wuminhoxo

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Could please someone upload a world save? I am new at this and I'm unable to replicate the mechanics the solutions above.

Drummer_95

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:06 AM

Made this video awhile ago, hope it helps =]

wuminhoxo

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

Thank you