12sea21

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

http://twitter.com/#...870853483540480
Enjoy :D

View Postifstatement, on 14 September 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

An Enderman disassembled my house and built a better one next to it. Now I am jealous as well as mortified. That mob is evil.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Phar
    Phar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:03 AM

View PostxDarkBloomx, on 25 September 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

Told you.

You told me I would whine. I told you I'd raise hell if he fucked another aspect of the game up. ^^

The king of grammatically correct trolls.

wakpal
    wakpal

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Minecraft: Wakpal

View PostKurosu, on 25 September 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

My reply via twitter "@notch That in fact, Would not be fun."
Why?

renadi
    renadi

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1968 posts

View PostPhar, on 25 September 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

Except it's boring. No unique aspect, no making passive mobs truly yours. You put them in your fenced area by bringing them there with food, and then you feed them and they procreate. There's no "wow" aspect of it, there's no fun factor. It's more or less a boring way of fixing animal spawning, making the player do the work.

Really, where's the fun in it? =/

How would I? I'd love for a lasso to be implemented into the game, and then you bring them to your area with that. Maybe made from wheat and/or sugarcane.

Then, to have them breed, you should have to have a few aspects. First, there should be tall grass for them to eat, and a block of water somewhere for them to "drink" (Even though there won't be an animation). Then, they should have to stay within 4-5 blocks for a certain amount of time to create another mob.

And then when that works, add baby mobs. Don't just make them pop out another sheep or pig, ready to fuck on day one. Make it more interesting than "Feed-n-Fuck".

I agree, except maybe not the water, I know it makes sense, but if we don't have to drink they shouldn't either.

Still, what do you think of the egg idea? x]

Yrael
    Yrael

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts

View PostKurosu, on 25 September 2011 - 07:59 AM, said:

I think Jeb should handle anything related to the nether/code intensive/core to the game and notch just needs to come up with ideas and make more fun things like the golems honestly. Dont get me wrong, I dont have anything against him, but its more than obvious who the superior coder is.

I've got to admit, I think I'd rather see Jeb make something along the lines of the Baby Animals mod than what Notch seems to be doing now regarding animals hatching from eggs. :P

PsychoIncarnate
  • Minecraft: PsychoIncarnate

I also support the animal cross breeding idea
Getting Spawn Eggs in Survival - Pokemon Style
http://www.minecraft...-pokemon-style/

Phar
    Phar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

View Postrenadi, on 25 September 2011 - 08:03 AM, said:

I agree, except maybe not the water, I know it makes sense, but if we don't have to drink they shouldn't either.

Still, what do you think of the egg idea? x]

I will quit Minecraft if pigs and cows come from eggs.

Kurosu
    Kurosu

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 253 posts

View PostPhar, on 25 September 2011 - 08:01 AM, said:

I would cry if we had more eggs. I support unrealistic factors of minecraft, but pigs from eggs? >_>
Same here, Thats why I replied with a "No notch, It wouldnt"

Posted Image

Its not flaming when its true, I should be able to speak my mind on my own thread, warn status 10%? Thats just a badge of honor.

Microbots

View PostxDarkBloomx, on 25 September 2011 - 08:02 AM, said:

Told you.

It's the same guy complaining about breeding who is in favour of it...

renadi
    renadi

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1968 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

I fully support it xD

xDarkBloomx
  • Minecraft: xdarkbloomx

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

Instead of eggs, I would support a "poof" animation, kind of like when you kill a mob.
Posted Image

Phar
    Phar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1987 posts

View PostMicrobots, on 25 September 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

It's the same guy complaining about breeding who is in favour of it...

I support breeding 100%, but I don't support shitty laziness. Breeding has been "worked on" for 2 months now, we should have something more than already-used code. Something unique and fun, not something repetitive =/

PsiWarp
    PsiWarp

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Minecraft: psiwarp

Notch should add a Stork mob that spawns when 2 animals are in love, and drops a new animal from the sky.

angalex
    angalex

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 748 posts

How would I? I'd love for a lasso to be implemented into the game, and then you bring them to your area with that. Maybe made from wheat and/or sugarcane.

Then, to have them breed, you should have to have a few aspects. First, there should be tall grass for them to eat, and a block of water somewhere for them to "drink" (Even though there won't be an animation). Then, they should have to stay within 4-5 blocks for a certain amount of time to create another mob.

And then when that works, add baby mobs. Don't just make them pop out another sheep or pig, ready to fuck on day one. Make it more interesting than "Feed-n-Fuck".

I'd like that too, but I'll easily take this as the temp system. But I do agree that it should be more in depth.

Yrael
    Yrael

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 768 posts

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd quit Minecraft if mobs hatched as adults from eggs, heh, but I'd certainly prefer the more "realistic" scenario of adult mobs spawning baby animals (inasmuch as anything in Minecraft can be said to be realistic).

Microbots

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:07 AM

Ok

Phar
    Phar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1987 posts

View Postangalex, on 25 September 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

I'd like that too, but I'll easily take this as the temp system. But I do agree that it should be more in depth.

Oh I'll be fine if this is just a "basic framework", but let's not make this like persistent spawning. Something used, and no official word from anyone in Mojang about whether it will stay or be fixed.

xDarkBloomx

View PostYrael, on 25 September 2011 - 08:06 AM, said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd quit Minecraft if mobs hatched as adults from eggs, heh, but I'd certainly prefer the more "realistic" scenario of adult mobs spawning baby animals (inasmuch as anything in Minecraft can be said to be realistic).
I'm almost certain that a mod will be released soon after Animal Breeding that will implement non-egg birth.
Posted Image

Phar
    Phar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

View PostxDarkBloomx, on 25 September 2011 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'm almost certain that a mod will be released soon after Animal Breeding that will implement non-egg birth.

I'm almost certain that Notch wasn't serious when he suggested it.

xDarkBloomx

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

View PostPhar, on 25 September 2011 - 08:08 AM, said:

I'm almost certain that Notch wasn't serious when he suggested it.
I'm almost certain I hope not. I fully support animal breeding and everything, but the egg idea just seems lazy.
Posted Image