Multiple small fixes that make Minecrafting easier
I originally made this mod just for me so I could have the annoying little things not yet fixed in Minecraft ironed out. Then I realized that there's not much of a downside to releasing it for other people to use. Most of these fixes are really small modifications that I can almost take no credit for (really, one of the fixes involved me just commenting out a few statements). I'm open to any suggestions for other small modifications/fixes, but nothing that involves changing what vanilla Minecraft already feels like.
- Sprint is set to a configurable key (Left-Control is default)
- Quit Button added to the main menu
- You can now sprint while flying (you're already flying, so why not?)
- F4 toggles the latency graph while viewing the debug menu (F3), makes it possible to see the chat and coordinates easier
- ModLoader - Mostly needed to make the mod as compatible with other mods as possible (in other words, for the sprint key configuration)
Go to your .minecraft folder (WindowsKey+R, then type in %APPDATA% and it will be in that folder). Goto the bin folder and find minecraft.jar. Open it with Winrar, drag and drop the Modloader files, then drag and drop the files for my mod in. Finally delete the folder "META-INF" that's in minecraft.jar (Minecraft won't work anymore if you don't do this).
The quit button fix was literally already added by Notch a few versions ago, he just hasn't added in the code to make it only show up on the executable and not the applet (so it doesn't show up on both). So, since you can't have mods on the applet version anyways, I went ahead and made it add the button no matter what.