• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[ADV&SURV] [Minecraft v1.4.7] ||==--Castaway Island--==|| OVER 200,000 DOWNLOADS!

• Please log in to reply
500 replies to this topic

Poll: The next map, and how you will play it... (625 member(s) have cast votes)

With our next well under construction, the question i want to ask my fans is how they prefer to play adventure maps.

1. My friends don't really play Minecraft, so i mostly play adventure maps by myself (138 votes [22.12%])

Percentage of vote: 22.12%

2. I hate playing alone, i always play adventure maps with my buddies on a server (295 votes [47.28%])

Percentage of vote: 47.28%

3. I prefer to play with my friends but we all have different schedules. We try to play together but if somebody leaves i will continue with the remainder or by myself (191 votes [30.61%])

Percentage of vote: 30.61%

If you do play with your friends, how many? (If you play with different amounts, pick the amount that you feel would be your average)

1. 1 other friend (79 votes [54.48%])

Percentage of vote: 54.48%

2. 2 other friends (40 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

3. 3 other friends (10 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

4. The more the merrier, often 4 or more will join me on my adventures (16 votes [11.03%])

Percentage of vote: 11.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Megameatloaf
  • Minecraft: Megameatloaf

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

Posted Image

Thankyou Dischbumm for the amazing sigs! Current Version is v1.0

I am now proud to present...

The official Full Version release of Castaway Island

Get ready for a Revolutionarynew genre of Custom map.

How will you play Castaway Island...

"Cast away your doubts, your fears, and your pants. You won't need them where we're going."

- Andre Jolicoeur

Posted Image

"This. you are a God."  - jojinator97

"I am absolutely amazed. This is hands down the best survival map i have played. Well done sir, well done."  - Duckslol

"My god this is absolutely amazing! I've never seen anything like this, the quests, the scenery..." - SnowyandSpud

"Jerp Jerp" - Bradley & James

Pictures

Spoiler:

Video's

Spoiler:

News

Spoiler:

What makes Castaway Island so Special?

Spoiler:

Version Feature List

Spoiler:

Downloads

Spoiler:

If you are having trouble with the spoilers on this thread, Here are backup links.

Singleplayer - http://www.mediafire...7nj94pzddyqm7c4

Server - http://www.mediafire...ee2l8r5n564z59c

Installation

Spoiler:

Mods and Texturepacks

Spoiler:

What am i working on currently?

Spoiler:

Help Me!

Spoiler:

FAQ's

Spoiler:

Signatures & other Misc.

Spoiler:

My personal Public Workshop Server @
220.233.205.155:25575
Anybody may join, however only i can shift you to creative and give you build rights, if im not on then sorry, but feel free to browse.
This server is like my little workshop. Its hosted in Sydney, Australia so my connection (and most Oceanic players) is fantastic! It fits about 10-15 people and i have craftBukkit, worldguard, worldedit, bpermissions, essentials all loaded onto it which at this point makes it nice and flexible. I use it to host adventure maps for friends, playing random generated vanilla style, and also to test and work on any maps i might be working on including Castaway Island.  
Currently i am hosting: Castaway Island (server version)
Im doing a full playthrough of my own map. I enjoy playing it as much as i do creating it. It also allows me write down any bugs i find along the way.
If you need to contact me theres a chance i may be online however, being an Australian, probably not for whatever weird and wonderful timezone you come from.
Posted Image
A unique open-ended, sandbox style blend of survival and adventure. Click here to visit Castaway Island.

Register or log in to remove.

Megameatloaf

Posted 24 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

EDIT: SOLVED

Post Reserved
Posted Image
A unique open-ended, sandbox style blend of survival and adventure. Click here to visit Castaway Island.

DaniBee76

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

can you put this in a server? if so, how can i do that?

Skyfury
    Skyfury

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Skyfury

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:38 PM

I found this from your post on the seeds page, this is going to be epic!

Megameatloaf

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

View PostDaniBee76, on 24 September 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

can you put this in a server? if so, how can i do that?

Unfortunately im not experienced enough with servers to answer that question. I know it can be done as ive done it in the past. Im sure there are tutorials out there. I tell you what, i will research this and update my post with instructions on installation for a server! Check back shortly =3

EDIT: I have now put in a 'INSTALLATION ON SERVER' set of instructions. Please let me know if this solves your issue or if it is even correct as i have not run this on a server myself yet (dont have the hardware)
Posted Image

moinkz
    moinkz

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Minecraft: moinkz

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

im gonna try this so this is 1.9

Megameatloaf

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:54 AM

View Postmoinkz, on 25 September 2011 - 12:50 AM, said:

im gonna try this so this is 1.9

It works with both 1.9 and 1.8

Please note that since the 1.9 update, any new chunks generated outside the map area (as this is all i explored in 1.8) will not extend the Ocean Biome and intsead generate normal land with all the 1.9 features included. If you wish to eventually colonize mainland then i suggest you head past the maps boarder =)
Posted Image

rp2000
    rp2000

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:18 AM

I failed and reinstalled the map 2 times in the plane. But it's very good. And also different.
Posted Image

jojinator97

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

This. you are a God. I just played this map for the first time. My tree house is going well. Really, this is the DEFINITVIE survival map. Seriously, this is fucking better than VECHS. MANY MANY quests and challenges inspired by one of the greatest  movies of all time, VERY well put together, and all around.... great.... I really hope the yogscast does a feature of this.

This is the best adventure survival map I have personally ever seen ever in the history of time. HOW LONG DID THIS TAKE YOU?! Just days?! Because you sir, are godly.

DOWNLOAD THIS MAP. It's perfect.

One thing though, you may want to warn people about the... ahem... explosion better... I died 4 times. :P

Posted Image

jojinator

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

View Postjojinator97, on 30 September 2011 - 08:51 PM, said:

This. you are a God. I just played this map for the first time. My tree house is going well. Really, this is the DEFINITVIE survival map. Seriously, this is fucking better than VECHS. MANY MANY quests and challenges inspired by one of the greatest  movies of all time, VERY well put together, and all around.... great.... I really hope the yogscast does a feature of this.

This is the best adventure survival map I have personally ever seen ever in the history of time. HOW LONG DID THIS TAKE YOU?! Just days?! Because you sir, are godly.

DOWNLOAD THIS MAP. It's perfect.

One thing though, you may want to warn people about the... ahem... explosion better... I died 4 times. :P
what my brother said.

EDIT: I think I'll take off from where my bro left off then.

Okay. So, you should keep updating this map, and make more some time. exactly like this. You have something here. You have something epic. You should also contact the yogscast and show them this.

jojinator97

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

:Diamond: Me and boris have something to show you.   :Diamond:  :unsure:

http://imageshack.us...0930190848.png/

Posted Image

Fletchrin

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

Where's Boris? D:

Posted Image

strikeforce667
  • Minecraft: evilfish907

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

OMFG!!! This is the best survival with a back story, which i find amazing. Also I'm looking for people to do this map on SMP So PM me if you want to. I'll upload links here so you can post them on the forum. But in a nutshell, Great map keep on going with updating it.  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:  :Diamond:
Posted Image

jojinator

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:06 AM

View PostFletchrin, on 01 October 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

Where's Boris? D:
I think he's the pumpkin seed you get on the plane....

anyway, I'm at diamond level, I'm gonna complete the easy challenges and (possibly) set out for new islands tomorrow.

EDIT: Idea for updates! You could add to the main isle, OR you could add more to the meta game. If you add more to the meta game (Exploring off of the isle) make sure that you add in MCEdit schematic files so people can just put the new stuff directly into their version of the game.

If you want to I can upload the schematics shortly after release though.

I think that would be a good idea.

Idea for a new isle, how about you can add in an isle with double resources underground? hm? But to get to it, you need to explore obviously.

pieisbetter2
  • Minecraft: pieisbetter2

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

Just downright incredible. I've played it for about two hours and I don't wanna stop. I'm almost scared to gather resources from the islands because they're so beautiful (with the texturepack you provided, which may I note is INCREDIBLE). Thank you sir for creating this. I hope you may create something else of the like in the future. Rep4u.

EDIT: The ship is epic win :D

View PostPhoinex567, on 19 March 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hm I Want To Make A Endless age like minecraft But I Want it to be diffrent I'm thinking And I know It's gonna Have Something from like A diffrent game But Kinda Has Like Other Stuff Completely Diffrent I Got To think.

jojinator97

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

View PostFralis, on 25 September 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

It works with both 1.9 and 1.8

Please note that since the 1.9 update, any new chunks generated outside the map area (as this is all i explored in 1.8) will not extend the Ocean Biome and intsead generate normal land with all the 1.9 features included. If you wish to eventually colonize mainland then i suggest you head past the maps boarder =)
you hould make sigbars.

Posted Image

swet28
    swet28

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

I really enjoy this map a lot. I have been playing it for about 4 hours straight, so I figured I should leave you a message.  Everything is very well done, and the quests and sheer amount of objectives makes this a great map to play. My only qualm is that it seems a little too easy. Everything is pretty much given to you right off the bat, which takes away for the whole "survival" aspect a little. Otherwise incredible map =]

jojinator

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

lighthouse complete! I am looking for the stronghold.

dark7
    dark7

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Minecraft: coolmiu

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

this is the best survival map i've ever had! anyway, boris is in a chest located below the plane crash, not the pumpkin seed in the chest...

Posted Image

Summerpoison
  • Minecraft: Summerpoison

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

Looks amazing! *_*

Someone here who would like to play it in Multiplayer with me? :)