The Humble Hay Bale
A Reddit Request!
Download (Don't forget ModLoader!!!)
This mod adds a hay bale. A hay bale is a simple block that can be used to make hay stacks, rustic village huts, or just plain store large amounts of hay. Be careful because hay bales are VERY flammable! Also breaking a hay bale returns the wheat, freeing up inventory space for you farm-a-holics. Also you can craft it in the field!
4 pieces of Wheat = 1 Hay Bale
Break it to get 4 pieces of wheat!
(Make sure to install Modloader before this)
1) Open up %appdata%, if you don't know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
3) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
4) Drag and drop (AKA copy) the files in the zip into the jar.
5) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
6) Run Minecraft and make some hay!
The Humble Hay Bale uses one Block ID. The default is 220. You can change it in the config file:
- Run Minecraft at least once, you just have to login and get to the main menu and close again. (this generates the config file. If it crashes, don't worry!)
- Find a text file called "OREX.properties" in your .minecraft directory.
- Open it with your text editor of choice
- Change the block ID to something else.
- When finished editing save the config file and you're ready to go!
Download The Humble Hay Bale for 1.8.1:
Adf.ly (Thank you!)
Direct (Thank me!)
This is my first mod ever, inspired by several posts on Reddit's Minecraft subreddit. I'm planning on adding the ability to attract cows, pigs, and sheep (and possibly creepers, Do creepers eat hay?)
I'm a programmer, not a graphic artist, and so my graphic skills are horrible. If someone would like to create a better hay bale texture, I would be very appreciative if I could include it in the mod. HD versions (32x, 64x, 128x) and a plus!