• Please log in to reply
1184 replies to this topic

crazyb
    crazyb

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:42 PM

If you explain to me how they handled light I would have already update it.
Progress: Brightness on mobs/world works fine but there's a problem with ores.

Register or log in to remove.

Arnthor
    Arnthor

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:32 AM

Anyone with the knowledge to help this dear fellow? It would be greatly appreciated by all of us.

Mr__Mike

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

Thanks for all the hard work you are doing for this mod.

crazyb
    crazyb

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

Goddamnit. The new light system is really confusing.
First of all they didn't delete the previous(now unused) code from the game and secondly MCP still doesn't have all the function names(alot of func_35275_c etc) so it's literally a labirynth. Nevertheless I got a somehow stable(or is it?) version of the mod. Xray works but the ore's and tunnels are very shady. As for the brightness its sorta working too. It's only usefull in dark caves and in the night as during the day it makes things darker(O.o)
Hopefully MCP will get updated and more functions will get their proper names or I'll somehow find a solution to this problem.

The thing is, should I release this buggy as hell version or wait for a more stable and working one.

PS There are new configurable keys in the controls menu. Looks like I gotta find a diff way to change hotkeys. Damn you Mojang!(jk jk)

choppersb

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:56 AM

View Postcrazyb, on 19 September 2011 - 03:45 AM, said:

First of all they didn't delete the previous(now unused) code from the game and secondly MCP still doesn't have all the function names(alot of func_35275_c etc) so it's literally a labirynth. Nevertheless I got a somehow stable(or is it?) version of the mod. Xray works but the ore's and tunnels are very shady. As for the brightness its sorta working too. It's only usefull in dark caves and in the night as during the day it makes things darker(O.o)
Hopefully MCP will get updated and more functions will get their proper names or I'll somehow find a solution to this problem.

The thing is, should I release this buggy as hell version or wait for a more stable and working one.

PS There are new configurable keys in the controls menu. Looks like I gotta find a diff way to change hotkeys. Damn you Mojang!(jk jk)

Here my thought about it coming from someone with no knowledge of the code which implements the new lighting system.  You may already know all of this...

From what I've read there are now 2 lighting systems.  Something like Block light (light that doesn't change with time) and day/sun light.  Being that your having problems getting the blocks lit (in places where the sunlight wouldn't reach) it sounds like the light system you are using is only the day/sun system.  Maybe the old code is the block light system?  Like I said I haven't ever seen the lighting code so you may be far ahead, but just my thinking...

halopro77

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

release it! i need diamonds.....
Posted Image

RayMinecraft

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

Would be GREAT if you released the current (buggy) version so 1) we have some access to the mod, and 2) we can provide a bit of feedback for you while you work on the more stable version!

tordawg
    tordawg

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:21 AM

if the only bugs are those lighting glitches you described then i don't thnk itll be to bad. it sounds like its still usable so i wouldnt mind a buggy release

Turtlicious
  • Minecraft: Turtlicious

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

So it makes the mods darker during the day, who cares?

I'll mine at night!

PLEASE! Q~Q for my children.

Seriau
    Seriau

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

Release the buggy one until you get a more stable one.  It will make people happy!

akaBruce
  • Minecraft: akaBruce

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Finally found this topic :D

Sure, I will wait patiently!

ascrounch

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:47 AM

yep you can just release the buggy one then after the final version.

[1.8]X-ray-buggy

:)
[Water]  []  [Red] - french user

JanTTuX
    JanTTuX

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Mcp44 is out, as i know in java i just updated my xray for 1.8.1 (private)

and good work crazyb keep it going.

Posted Image

mciltrot34

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:28 PM

Just release what u have please

Darkluigi
  • Minecraft: Darkluigi333

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

So happy that xray mod will continue!!! Now we just have to wait for him to update the mod :D
Posted Image [SSSS]

Posted Image Posted Image

crazyb
    crazyb

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:10 PM

Kay, link to the buggy version in the first post.

MMasterSK

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

In World.java there is func_35451_b .. if you change it so:
i1 = 15;
j1 = 15;

and in getBrightness function:
i1 = 15;

you should have everything full bright.

I'm not sure tho .. I've just found out the max values in code and did quick test and it seemed to work.

JopC
    JopC

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

screen is black and nothing happens after this 1.8.1 xray..

crazyb
    crazyb

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:31 PM

You did follow the instalation instructions, right?

JopC
    JopC

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:41 PM

yep..step by step..and when loading new world or multiplayer it stays in black screen

P.S

put in fresh minecraft.jar file and now works fine