Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fraps lag

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Chazzerb7

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hey guys,
Just wondering if you guys could help me.
I have been playing Minecraft and have been wanting to make some videos to demonstrate some inventions I made.
Anyways when I do work with fraps, when I don't record I usually get 60-90 FPS (Fancy, Normal render, Smooth lighting, OpenGL off, Max FPS), but when I use fraps, I get Anywhere between 3 and 25 FPS.
I don't understand where the lag comes from, and was just wondering if there is any other recording software that will not reduce FPS.

Here are my specs:
3GB RAM
Vindows Vista Home premium 32x
2.26 GHz Intel core duo
Directx 11
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 graphics card.

If you could help me, And/or could Give me a name of another recorder that wont reduce lag, I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,
-Chazzer
SideQuesters: - Terriers, Tea and Bonus Exp.
Click for our videos

Register or log in to remove.

bloogaL
    bloogaL

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • Minecraft: bloogaL

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

the lag is because fraps uses alot of cpu so try setting your render distance a little lower
Posted Image

Ryuzaki_Chikara

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:17 PM

Why do you have a 32x system with 3GB of ram?
Have you tried closing other programs?
OpenGL stops Minecraft from rendering objects that you can't see.
Fraps is one of the best, and there isn't really much competition, have you tried rendering the video in Sony Vegas 10 or anything to smooth the fps?
The Game.

RyanChrest
  • Minecraft: RyanChrest

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Alright, so FRAPS is great; but it recorders straight to uncompressed AVI files (which are HUGE) So, I found that Camtasia Recorder (comes when you download camtasia) works a lot better and cause little to no lag!  :D You can get it here.

Also, may I suggest turning open GL on? It makes it so that only things near you loads and decreases lag.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan.

Chazzerb7

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

Why do you have a 32x system with 3GB of ram? What, is that bad? Should I be running 64x? it came installed.
Have you tried closing other programs? Yes I have
OpenGL stops Minecraft from rendering objects that you can't see. Yeah but it also lowers my fps :/
Fraps is one of the best, and there isn't really much competition, have you tried rendering the video in Sony Vegas 10 or anything to smooth the fps? no I don't have Vegas 10
Click for our videos

Chazzerb7

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

View PostRyanChrest, on 17 September 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Alright, so FRAPS is great; but it recorders straight to uncompressed AVI files (which are HUGE) So, I found that Camtasia Recorder (comes when you download camtasia) works a lot better and cause little to no lag!  :D You can get it here.

Also, may I suggest turning open GL on? It makes it so that only things near you loads and decreases lag.

Hope this helps.

-Ryan.

I'll try that now, thanks
Click for our videos

fudgyhoops
  • Minecraft: fudgyhoops
  • Xbox:Fudgyhoops

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:31 PM

It doesn't matter whether you use Camtasia or Fraps, the problem is with your Graphics Card. If it can be upgraded at all, do so. It will have to be an actual PHYSICAL upgrade though, and it will cost anywhere between $20 - $100, depending on how good the new card is.
I have the same problem with my computer; the CPU usage and Ram was normal, but I was at around 5 frames. The hard work is done by the Graphics Card, and isn't shown by Task Manager.
You can't raise the framerate unless you upgrade your Graphics Card, simple as.

By the way: Ignore RyanChrest. He seems like a spammer that uses adf.ly to get money off people.
>implying I need a signature

Chazzerb7

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

View Postfudgyhoops, on 17 September 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

It doesn't matter whether you use Camtasia or Fraps, the problem is with your Graphics Card. If it can be upgraded at all, do so. It will have to be an actual PHYSICAL upgrade though, and it will cost anywhere between $20 - $100, depending on how good the new card is.
I have the same problem with my computer; the CPU usage and Ram was normal, but I was at around 5 frames. The hard work is done by the Graphics Card, and isn't shown by Task Manager.

By the way: Ignore RyanChrest. He seems like a spammer that uses adf.ly to get money off people.
Ok cheers, anyway i used piratebay instead (Naughty me) i can guarantee that i have actually bought minecraft though :P i got it in alpha
Click for our videos

RyanChrest

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

View Postfudgyhoops, on 17 September 2011 - 07:31 PM, said:

That could work too.
I am just suggesting a way, I know works for me. I run Minecraft, Camtasia and a Server with Hamachi and a totally standard Dell laptop; so I figured his could handle it.

Chazzerb7

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

I tried camtasia and it has worked a charm :)
Click for our videos

fudgyhoops
  • Minecraft: fudgyhoops
  • Xbox:Fudgyhoops

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

View PostChazzerb7, on 17 September 2011 - 08:15 PM, said:

I tried camtasia and it has worked a charm :)

Oh...... well then, I appear to be wrong. Sorry about that RyanChrest, I guess it was the font that got me.
>implying I need a signature

RyanChrest

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:09 PM

No problem man! :D