Rotted wood can be found in strongholds, and manufactured, like stone brick. The wood will look cracked, with little holes in it, maybe a bit darker colored. This would make the library seem unstable, as well as worn and dirty. If made through farming, there will be 3 stages. First stage is turning a darker brown. Second stage is getting a small amount of holes on them, with a deeper brown, and finally, they will be fully grown rotted wood.
Now, some stats.
- Takes 1.5 seconds to break by hand.
- Spawns in conjunction to normal wood, making it look even more ruined.
- Very small (10%) chance of being a silverfish spawn block
- Somewhat wet, can not be ignited.
- Can be made by putting planks in water and waiting 20 in-game days.
- Can be harvested at any stage of growth for different styles. Strongholds use stage 3.
The Textures for the 3 stages
What stage 3 will look like when grown
(This replaces my suggestion for rotted wood in mineshafts. This makes a bit more sense, considering mineshafts RARELY have water in them.)Cracked wood is wood that has been stressed by stone and gotten old. Cracked wood is a lighter variant of normal wood, with crack lines on the texture. It can only be found in mineshafts, making them VERY abandoned. Cracked wood is extremely flammable, as it is dried out. When mining it, it will take 1 second to break. It has a 30% chance to drop 3-4 dust, which can be crafted into cracked wood.(from the getsatisfaction post)
- Takes 1 second to break
- 25% Chance to drop dust.
- If dropping dust, will drop 3-4 dust.
- Can not make sticks! Purely asthetic!
- EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE.
- Dust can be placed as a fuse, like redstone. (CREDIT TO ELVISAP!)