• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

no more farlands? :.(

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

worldoflies

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:54 AM

i keep hearing that there the awesome farlands were replaced with oceans is this true?

my 1.7 world at the farlands opened in 1.8 still has the farlands?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Phar
    Phar

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:56 AM

Because you're not regenerating the farlands chucks you originally had. Load new chunks and they'll all be ocean.

The king of grammatically correct trolls.

worldoflies

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

View PostPhar, on 17 September 2011 - 07:56 AM, said:

Because you're not regenerating the farlands chucks you originally had. Load new chunks and they'll all be ocean.
that is so sad...the farlands was my favorite part of minecraft...

rikachu
    rikachu

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • Minecraft: rikachu

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

There's something more creepy about an endless ocean than the farlands. =P

worldoflies

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:09 AM

why would they fix the farlands bug if they said they wouldn't?

"We’re probably not going to fix these bugs until it becomes common for players to experience them while playing legitimately. My gut feeling is that nobody ever has so far, and nobody will. Walking that far will take a very long time. Besides, the bugs add mystery and charisma to the Far Lands."

and why would they get rid of the far lands and say the endermen comes from the far land? :(

View Postrikachu, on 17 September 2011 - 08:04 AM, said:

There's something more creepy about an endless ocean than the farlands. =P

the farlands were the like the creeper, an awesome result of a bug.

HellHawkX

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:31 AM

View Postworldoflies, on 17 September 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

why would they fix the farlands bug if they said they wouldn't?

"We’re probably not going to fix these bugs until it becomes common for players to experience them while playing legitimately. My gut feeling is that nobody ever has so far, and nobody will. Walking that far will take a very long time. Besides, the bugs add mystery and charisma to the Far Lands."

and why would they get rid of the far lands and say the endermen comes from the far land? :(

the farlands were the like the creeper, an awesome result of a bug.

Enderman does not come from farland, since his name was related to Slenderman, members complained and asked notch to change their name to Farlanders,but Notch said no and made a joke that he should change The name "Farlands" to "The End"
Creeper is not an result of bug, Creeper was coded,textured,made all by Developers
Farlands is not a result of bug, it was a generation code that made them generate, just like Mineshafts,Strongholds,NPC Villages and E.T.C
and I honestly like an mysterious endless ocean than a huge wall of lag
Posted Image

Kissker
    Kissker

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

Farlands were horrid distortions, I mean honestly I stopped playing single player and plated MP only on MC and to get to the far lands would take some 800 hours of walking, provided you didn't die and had to start over.

30Million blocks is a lot to generate as well  - and it has to generate more then that as you run off (since the what, nearest 9x9 chunks are loaded while you walk? I forget)  so youd be causing MASSIVE server lag no matter how fast the server was or claimed to be (easily the most commonly used way to cause "lag free" servers to crash - have 4 players join and run in NESW directions, generating new map chunks in all 4 directions at once, easily fixed by Borders.)

So if you wanna live close to em, you better make a Single player map -use your cheat to get to them (mcedit, teleport, speed, fly, whatever) generate em up, and then use a plugin to save that section so you will always have it, no matter what the changes are.

Personally I like the ocean, got big plans for it.

Brenostar

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

So are the oceans no lag? if they are I love oceans!

Ubernox
    Ubernox

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:51 AM

The far lands were a gleatchure. I dont think Notch removed them on purpose, I think they are a casualty of the new biome code.
Posted Image

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Malty_95
    Malty_95

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • Minecraft: Malty_95

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

The farlands still exist in that lighting, mobs and blocks stop working properley past 30million blocks out, however the new map generation code removes the anomalous chunk splicing
Did I help you? Help me by clicking the green + At the bottom right of my post. :)

worldoflies

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

i changed that map to creative and went through the far lands, here is the other side into the new far lands ocean chunks :(

Spoiler:

View Postkyuubinaruto9990, on 17 September 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

I honestly like an mysterious endless ocean than a huge wall of lag

the ocean still lags. and the farlands ran okay on my PC. if your in the farlands ocean and you shake you veiw the water has to be re-rendered and you see the ocean with out water.

PillowTalk

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Aren't Endermen from the Far Lands? How can they be from the Far Lands if there are no Far Lands?!
The Cool Side of the Pillow

El Destructo

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

There is only one answer. Steve's furnaces polluted the atmosphere, and the resultant global warming melted all the snow biomes and flooded the far lands, causing the Endermen to flee their lost homes.

(Heh, this is doubly ironic when you consider that water is outright lethal to them. XD)

worldoflies

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

View PostEl Destructo, on 17 September 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

There is only one answer. Steve's furnaces polluted the atmosphere, and the resultant global warming melted all the snow biomes and flooded the far lands, causing the Endermen to flee their lost homes.

(Heh, this is doubly ironic when you consider that water is outright lethal to them. XD)

it's almost too perfect

Sssid
    Sssid

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Minecraft: SidWins

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Who said creepers werent a result of a bug? Notch said himself they just happened cause he screwed up the hight of a pig so they just went with it and turned it into a creeper, id call that a bug tbh

Posted Image

Neily
    Neily

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

Creeper is not an result of bug, Creeper was coded,textured,made all by Developers

Creepers were accidentally created from a failed attempt at a pig. While it's not actually a bug, I think that's what the OP meant.

gabaheyhey

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Wait, so how big is a typical world then?  The area of land surrounded by ocean. Until this thread, I thought I was going to hit another continent eventually (I am out over 20,000 now from my spawn and only small islands are around).
I have no way to get feathers out this far and things are getting frustrating.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Gavin458
    Gavin458

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

I have a slight feeling that the farlands were not removed by accident, and no, there are no 'endless' oceans. There is still a small possibility of finding the mainland at x/z 30,000,000, but of course you're unable to travel further beyond the point of where lighting/mob path finding no longer functions. Beyond this point you'll end up either falling into the void or in a glitched, unmovable position, this is basically the 'end of the world'.
Chunks are also unable to generate beyond this point.

Notice that there's no chunk generation beyond this position:

Posted Image

worldoflies

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:44 AM

View PostGavin458, on 18 September 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

I have a slight feeling that the farlands were not removed by accident, and no, there are no 'endless' oceans. There is still a small possibility of finding the mainland at x/z 30,000,000, but of course you're unable to travel further beyond the point of where lighting/mob path finding no longer functions. Beyond this point you'll end up either falling into the void or in a glitched, unmovable position, this is basically the 'end of the world'.
Chunks are also unable to generate beyond this point.

Notice that there's no chunk generation beyond this position:

Posted Image

yes, it's not as cool, btw may i have the save of that world?

do you don't thing he made an end to the map just for the name of the mob?

View PostNeily, on 17 September 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

Creepers were accidentally created from a failed attempt at a pig. While it's not actually a bug, I think that's what the OP meant.

yes that is what i ment, and yes it's not reall a bug.

Hatsune_Candy
  • Minecraft: Mrcandyman2000

Posted 18 September 2011 - 12:57 AM

Enderman does not come from farland, since his name was related to Slenderman, members complained and asked notch to change their name to Farlanders,but Notch said no and made a joke that he should change The name "Farlands" to "The End"
Farlands is not a result of bug, it was a generation code that made them generate, just like Mineshafts,Strongholds,NPC Villages and E.T.C
and I honestly like an mysterious endless ocean than a huge wall of lag

Endermen are from the farlands, why else do you think people suggested to change the name in the first place?
The farlands is a bug, it marks the limit of the world generation code where it starts to glitch out and I assume they
made it ocean to prevent those glitches from happening anymore
Posted Image