Endermen Don't Pick Up Blocks Mod

1.7.6 ssp smp enderman endermen dont pick up blocks mod

• Please log in to reply
524 replies to this topic

Jeffrey6978
  • Minecraft: Aoi

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

POPULAR

Hey everyone, I've made a mod that disables the Enderman's ability to pickup blocks.

Current Mod Version: Version 17.2 for Minecraft 1.7.6

I will try to update the mod as soon as possible after the release of a new Minecraft version, but depending on how busy I am, it could take a few days, please keep this in mind.

Standard Version

This is the standard version of the mod, the Endermen have their block moving ability disabled, but all their other abilities remain intact.
This version works for both clients and servers.

Download: http://www.mediafire...ersion_17.2.zip

Water & Sun Proof Version

This is the water & sun proof version of the mod, the Endermen have their block moving ability disabled, and they no longer take damage from water or sunlight.
This version works for both clients and servers.

Download: http://www.mediafire...&_Sun_Proof.zip

How to Install

1. Download the version of the mod you want to use from above.

2. Open up the zip file you just downloaded, and extract the file(s) contained in it.

Singleplayer (Client, Current Launcher):

3. Go to your Minecraft directory, open the versions folder, and make a second copy of the folder for the version you are currently installing the mod on, and add " - EDPUBM", or something similar to the end of the folder name (Example: "1.7.2 - EDPUBM"), so you can remember which mod you have installed in this folder.

4. Open the new folder you just made, and rename both the .jar and the .json file in the folder to the name of the folder. For example, the names would look something like this, "1.7.2 - EDPUBM.jar" & "1.7.2 - EDPUBM.json", if you used my suggestion for the folder name. Be sure to keep the .jar & .json file extensions at the end of the file names.

5. Open the .json file in a text editor, like Notepad or Wordpad. You should see a line that has "id" on it, change the version number next to it, to the name you picked for the folder, and save the .json file.

6. Open the .jar file in the folder with 7-zip or a similar program, and copy the file(s) you extracted for the mod into the .jar file, replacing the old file(s).

7. Delete the META-INF folder from the .jar file.

8. Run the Minecraft Launcher, click New Profile, and set the Profile Name to the name you picked for the folder. Now, go to "Use version:", and select the name you picked for the folder from the list (Example: "1.7.2 - EDPUBM"). Once you have that set, save the profile.

9. Finally, under "Profile Selection", select the profile you just made, and log in and run the game.

Singleplayer (Client, Old Launcher):

3. Go to your Minecraft directory, open the bin folder, and open Minecraft.jar in 7-zip or a similar program.

4. Copy the file(s) you just extracted into the Minecraft.jar, replacing the old file(s).

5. Delete the META-INF folder from your Minecraft.jar.

Multiplayer (Server):

3. Go to your Minecraft server directory, and open Minecraft_server.jar in 7-zip or a similar program.
This mod will NOT work with the Minecraft_server.exe, you MUST use the Minecraft_server.jar.

4. Copy the file(s) you just extracted into the Minecraft_server.jar, replacing the old file(s).
Do NOT delete the META-INF folder from your Minecraft_server.jar.

Here is a video demonstrating how to install the mod to a client using the new launcher, made by Badinfos.

Here are a couple of videos demonstrating how to install the mod to a client using the old launcher, made by drakhl & ICYCARTER.

Please note that these videos are for the Beta 1.8.1 version of this mod, and are out of date.
The gz.class file from these videos has been replaced, but you can install the new file(s) in the same way that the old one was installed.
Also, you MUST delete the META-INF folder from the client's Minecraft.jar, even though ICYCARTER's video doesn't mention it, if you don't delete this folder, the game will go to a black screen after the Mojang logo.
However, if you are installing the mod to a server, DO NOT delete the META-INF folder.

Screenshots

Here are a few screenshots I took that show the mod in action.

I built an "Ender House" around a couple of Endermen in The End, the house is made out of a bunch of materials the Endermen can normally pick up.

As you'll see in the screenshots, they are completely unable to pick up anything.

Spoiler:

Videos

Here is a video showing the mod in action.
Special thanks to neros64 for doing the review of it!

You can download The Ender House save file that was used in the screenshots and this video from the link below, there are two Endermen inside the house when you load it:

The Ender House: http://www.mediafire...rsd5se0n2k0t7bb

Here are a couple of videos that show why someone might want to use this mod, these videos show normal Endermen damamge over a long period of time.
These videos were made by 2dawolf.

Older Versions

Here are the older versions of the mod, for previous versions of Minecraft.

Spoiler:

Jeffrey6978's Mod List

Here is a list of all the mods I've made.

Endermen Don't Pick Up Blocks Mod

Sun & Moon Rise From Their Original Direction Mod

Water & Sun Proof Endermen Mod

Thanks for looking at my mod!
I hope it helps you.

Very special thanks to dextersworld, and Haunchesmcgee, for figuring out how to fix the compiler errors I was having with the server version of the mod.

Edited by Jeffrey6978, 09 April 2014 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

GambleTrue
  • Minecraft: Notorix

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

Im going to try it :}
This is the signature.

Professional N00b
  • Minecraft: ProfessionalN00b

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'll certainly try this when I get home.  Thanks so much for the mod, this will help keep my world from constantly being picked apart :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Click to go to my youtube page!

Fandroid8
  • Minecraft: Fandroid8

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

Make a mod so they can't teleport too. And make a mod so they don't open their mouths like that.
Now that's what I call an Enderman.
Posted Image

PetitChouFleur
  • Minecraft: PetitChouFleur

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

You are my saviour. I shall erect a statue in your honour.

ULT1MATEGAMER

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

idk why people are complaining about endermen picking up blocks, CREEPERS ARE THE REAL PROBLEM!!  :SSSS:

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

View PostULT1MATEGAMER, on 15 September 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

idk why people are complaining about endermen picking up blocks, CREEPERS ARE THE REAL PROBLEM!!  :SSSS:

Creepers were fired from 1.8, with Endermans replacing their job. HOWEVA, creepers came back for revenge!

Unistrut
    Unistrut

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

View PostULT1MATEGAMER, on 15 September 2011 - 05:20 PM, said:

If a creeper spawns inside my plumbing he just sits there until the next flood cycle and drowns like a good little monster.  He doesn't start randomly yanking chunks out of the walls turning my lovely automatic farmer into a random flood machine.

Jeffrey6978

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

Just fixed a bug in the mod, it seems I inadvertently stopped them from taking water damage, I've uploaded a fixed version, but I've also kept the version where they don't take water damage up, in case anyone wants them to be a bit more of a challenge.

Posted Image

CheshireHead

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

All hail Jeffrey6978!!

You, good sir, should have cake and  :Diamond: !

Thanks for this! Best mod of the year, IMHO.

ReFlex
    ReFlex

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

Thanks a lot for this mod!  :)

Edit: Its not working, minecraft dos not start.

Jeffrey6978

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

View PostReFlex, on 15 September 2011 - 06:17 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for this mod!  :)

Edit: Its not working, minecraft dos not start.

Did you delete the META-INF folder? Minecraft will just go to a black screen if you don't.

Posted Image

ReFlex
    ReFlex

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:23 PM

View PostJeffrey6978, on 15 September 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

Did you delete the META-INF folder? Minecraft will just go to a black screen if you don't.

Yes, there is no META-INF in the jar  <_<

Jeffrey6978

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

View PostReFlex, on 15 September 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

Yes, there is no META-INF in the jar  <_<

I just used the force update feature to download a fresh copy of Minecraft, and then tested it again, it's working on my end.

Is anyone else having problems with it?

Posted Image

Carthasis

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

Not working for me either, and yes I did delete Meta-Inf. I only get the black screen of doom.

Antti_k
    Antti_k

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Minecraft: Antti_k

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

View PostFandroid8, on 15 September 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

Make a mod so they can't teleport too. And make a mod so they don't open their mouths like that.
Now that's what I call an Enderman.
So you want them to become zombies with a different skin?
if you press that green ''+'' over there the forum will bug out and turn you into a moderator.

veepara
    veepara

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Minecraft: veepari

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

Skeletons are your worst enemies.:Skeleton:
Nothing

griszagen

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:02 PM

Is anyone else having problems with it?

Yup - Black screen without any error text to paste.
I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. You monster.

Daveyx0
    Daveyx0

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1263 posts
  • Minecraft: Daveyx0

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

Does the 'water immune' part of your mod contain the 'blockpickup disable'? I hope not, because I love the pickup ability but hate the water damage :/
Posted Image

maystorm
    maystorm

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

Doesn't work here, either. I used a fresh copy of minecraft.jar, removed META-INF and copied gz.class.

The game sits at the MOJANG screen and nothings happens.

I am using Linux.