Current Mod Version: Version 17.1 for Minecraft 1.7.4
I will try to update the mod as soon as possible after the release of a new Minecraft version, but depending on how busy I am, it could take a few days, please keep this in mind.
This is the standard version of the mod, the Endermen have their block moving ability disabled, but all their other abilities remain intact.
This version works for both clients and servers.
Download: http://www.mediafire...ersion 17.1.zip
Water & Sun Proof Version
This is the water & sun proof version of the mod, the Endermen have their block moving ability disabled, and they no longer take damage from water or sunlight.
This version works for both clients and servers.
Download: http://www.mediafire...& Sun Proof.zip
How to Install
1. Download the version of the mod you want to use from above.
2. Open up the zip file you just downloaded, and extract the file(s) contained in it.
Singleplayer (Client, Current Launcher):
3. Go to your Minecraft directory, open the versions folder, and make a second copy of the folder for the version you are currently installing the mod on, and add " - EDPUBM", or something similar to the end of the folder name (Example: "1.7.2 - EDPUBM"), so you can remember which mod you have installed in this folder.
4. Open the new folder you just made, and rename both the .jar and the .json file in the folder to the name of the folder. For example, the names would look something like this, "1.7.2 - EDPUBM.jar" & "1.7.2 - EDPUBM.json", if you used my suggestion for the folder name. Be sure to keep the .jar & .json file extensions at the end of the file names.
5. Open the .json file in a text editor, like Notepad or Wordpad. You should see a line that has "id" on it, change the version number next to it, to the name you picked for the folder, and save the .json file.
6. Open the .jar file in the folder with 7-zip or a similar program, and copy the file(s) you extracted for the mod into the .jar file, replacing the old file(s).
7. Delete the META-INF folder from the .jar file.
8. Run the Minecraft Launcher, click New Profile, and set the Profile Name to the name you picked for the folder. Now, go to "Use version:", and select the name you picked for the folder from the list (Example: "1.7.2 - EDPUBM"). Once you have that set, save the profile.
9. Finally, under "Profile Selection", select the profile you just made, and log in and run the game.
Singleplayer (Client, Old Launcher):
3. Go to your Minecraft directory, open the bin folder, and open Minecraft.jar in 7-zip or a similar program.
4. Copy the file(s) you just extracted into the Minecraft.jar, replacing the old file(s).
5. Delete the META-INF folder from your Minecraft.jar.
3. Go to your Minecraft server directory, and open Minecraft_server.jar in 7-zip or a similar program.
This mod will NOT work with the Minecraft_server.exe, you MUST use the Minecraft_server.jar.
4. Copy the file(s) you just extracted into the Minecraft_server.jar, replacing the old file(s).
Do NOT delete the META-INF folder from your Minecraft_server.jar.
Here is a video demonstrating how to install the mod to a client using the new launcher, made by Badinfos.
Here are a couple of videos demonstrating how to install the mod to a client using the old launcher, made by drakhl & ICYCARTER.
Please note that these videos are for the Beta 1.8.1 version of this mod, and are out of date.
The gz.class file from these videos has been replaced, but you can install the new file(s) in the same way that the old one was installed.
Also, you MUST delete the META-INF folder from the client's Minecraft.jar, even though ICYCARTER's video doesn't mention it, if you don't delete this folder, the game will go to a black screen after the Mojang logo.
However, if you are installing the mod to a server, DO NOT delete the META-INF folder.
Here are a few screenshots I took that show the mod in action.
I built an "Ender House" around a couple of Endermen in The End, the house is made out of a bunch of materials the Endermen can normally pick up.
As you'll see in the screenshots, they are completely unable to pick up anything.
Here is a video showing the mod in action.
Special thanks to neros64 for doing the review of it!
You can download The Ender House save file that was used in the screenshots and this video from the link below, there are two Endermen inside the house when you load it:
The Ender House: http://www.mediafire...rsd5se0n2k0t7bb
Here are a couple of videos that show why someone might want to use this mod, these videos show normal Endermen damamge over a long period of time.
These videos were made by 2dawolf.
Here are the older versions of the mod, for previous versions of Minecraft.
Jeffrey6978's Mod List
Here is a list of all the mods I've made.
Endermen Don't Pick Up Blocks Mod
Sun & Moon Rise From Their Original Direction Mod
Water & Sun Proof Endermen Mod
Thanks for looking at my mod!
I hope it helps you.
Very special thanks to dextersworld, and Haunchesmcgee, for figuring out how to fix the compiler errors I was having with the server version of the mod.
Edited by Jeffrey6978, 13 December 2013 - 11:29 PM.