Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Blue Dye

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

xenxander
  • Minecraft: xenxander

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

The fact that flowers yield two dye per craft, and coco beans yield two dye per craft lends itself to wonder why lapis cannot be crafted into two blue dye.

Then blue dye be used in place of lapis for dye mixtures.

It's a full waste of lapis, one of the rarest item in the game next to coco beans, apples, and golden apples, to use it directly when you can craft other raw materials into dye.

I know cactus directly relates to one green dye, but cactus is so easy to obtain it's a moot point.

Allow lapis to be crafted into dye.  Very simple suggestion that would go a long way.

Register or log in to remove.

Blockologist
  • Minecraft: Blockologist

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Good point, but to balance that, I think that Lapis ore should drop a little bit less Lapis.

Kaapo
    Kaapo

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1503 posts
  • Minecraft: Kaapola

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:39 PM

Lapis ore IS dye... just use it on a sheep...

Besides it isn't even rare, I always have an excess of it in SMP.
Posted Image

xenxander

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

It is rare to find, and per volume of ore it's less common than gold (number of blocks, not number of lapis you get per block).

It doesn't need balancing really.  You say 'lapis IS blue dye', I say it's a blue powdery ore that should be refined into dye.

Banana_Bob

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

nice idea
the small things make the big different!

Kaapo
    Kaapo

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1503 posts
  • Minecraft: Kaapola

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

View Postxenxander, on 15 September 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

It is rare to find, and per volume of ore it's less common than gold (number of blocks, not number of lapis you get per block).

It doesn't need balancing really.  You say 'lapis IS blue dye', I say it's a blue powdery ore that should be refined into dye.

Well I thought you didn't know you could use lapis as dye. And I did mean the number of lapis you mine and not the number of blocks, the number of blocks is only 1.5 times more common than diamonds.

As to crafting it into dye, I guess that wouldn't be a bad thing, though it isn't exactly a major issue either.
Posted Image

xenxander

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

I'd also, while we're on this topic, to consider cocoa beans be used to make '2 brown dye per bean', as well as lapis being used to make 2 blue dye.

The stone, lapis, in real life, is used (or was) to make oil based coloring for paints and dyes.  You don't (or didn't) rub the stone itself against things, because it's not a 'chalky rock', it's a solid stone.

So in these terms, it seems only natural you 'grind' it into dye (and again, why not cocoa beans doing the same thing?)

SuperMinecrafter11
  • Minecraft: SuperBcrafter11

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

I think blue dye would be a good idea. I mean, there is LIME dye, MAGENTA dye, but no blue dye? It makes no sense. I would really like to dye my leather armor blue. True, it can be used to dye sheep, but they just give u that wool, which cannot be crafted  into dye.
Congratulations! You can read! :D

zorket
    zorket

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 436 posts
  • Minecraft: shufflesninja

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Lapis is TOO common. No support.
Posted Image

TheEpicDude2
  • Minecraft: TheEpicDude2
  • Xbox:JacandDad

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

What would be the point of this? Lapis ore already drops 4-8 lapis.

No Support.
Posted ImagePosted Image