THE VAULT RP - SERIOUS FALLOUT THEMED SERVER

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5919 replies to this topic

commandopip
  • Minecraft: CommandoPip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:39 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Dedicated Server - 24/7 - Role Play - Economy - Towns and Cities - Factions - Detailed Lore - Wars - Guns - Server Events
Welcome to the Vault RP server!
A fun roleplay server based off the Fallout universe. We provide a community dedicated to Fallout lore and roleplaying.

Website
http://thevault.net7...forum/index.php

Updates!

Trailer

Screenshots!
WIP

Server IP
209.236.121.116:25580

Teamspeak IP

Vote for us!
http://minestatus.net/13475-the-vault

Staff
Owner
commandopip

Dev Team
SirTyler
Ossendar

Admin(s)
Dexevara
Revolvingocelot
Timzuiderveld

Moderator(s)
Jim_Silver

Whitelisters:
revolvingocelot
Highway

Official vault packs!
Texture Pack
This is out official server texture pack made specifically for this server. If you do not use this then you will see random blocks of wool and other things will look out of place so I do recommend using it. All Credits for the texturepack goes to Game_Geek for making this whole texturepack just for our server. To use the texturepack click This:
http://www.minecraft...fallout-rehash/

MC Patcher
You are going to need MC Patcher for blocks to look the way they should on Last Days, so click this link:
http://www.minecraft...-hd-fix-210-02/
for MC Patcher.

Skin Pack
Click here to download it!

For a better experience we have a vast range of plugins available, some are Admin only plugins which you don't need to worry about. Others are for you to help protect and improve your experience while on the server. VIP members will get extra access to some of the commands which is explained further into the post.

Plugins!
WIP
But the list will be released to the public when bukkit 1.0 comes out.

SpoutCraft

The optional Client Mod!

Spoutcraft, formerly BukkitContrib SP, connects the server and client which makes most of the Spout features possible. Some things such as inventory monitoring and the server speed improvements only require the Spout server plugin. Any player can connect to a Spout enabled server; they will just miss out on the features it has to offer. Spoutcraft is optional, but using it unlocks the real features behind the Spout plugin.

Click me to download Spout!

Posted Image
General rules
1- Minor grief is allowed, except to faction bases.
2- No 1x1 Towers
3- Skin must be fallout related
4- Must follow New Life Rule
5- No Power Gaming in RP
6- No Metagaming
7- Use Global chat for OOC and Local for IC
8- In order to be chained you must be within a 3 block radius of the person and must warn them
9- Can break out of chains with a diamonds sword only
10- Can run after being told to Halt (or the likes) but will be considered hostile and can be killed
11- No killing in spawn
12- Can kill in Towns and Cities but will be a crime
13- You can loot, but if caught, a bounty will be placed on you
14- Please follow the New Life Rule, meaning after you die, you can't go back to revenge kill someone, you have to pretend you forgot what happened as you died
15-Please put a diamond in your app meaning you have read all the rules

Timeline!
Our server is based off the game, Fallout New Vegas. However, we are based in Northern Arizona, 2250, a bit in the past from New Vegas. If you are unfamiliar with the fallout universe, you may want to read the timeline below. However, if you are familiar with fallout lore, skip down to the year 2276 and from then on carries on our server lore.

Spoiler:
Factions!
Don't know what faction to join? Here are some descriptions of the current factions we have in our server!

The New California Republic
They're a disciplined prewar military based focused on occupying land and making a uniform government for all wastelanders. They try to maintain order by taxing citizens under their land and try to prevent raiders and the legion from causing chaos in the wastes. They strive to be the protectors who fight under the two headed bear.
Faction perk: Able to tax wastelanders

Caesar's Legion
The Caesar's Legion are a slaver group from the mideast. They are uninterested in tech and intoxicating substance. The Legion are a strong Roman based military that focus on gathering power from enslaving people and gaining resources from slave manual labor.
Faction perk: The ability to enslave people

The Brotherhood of the Steel
Though there are a few of them in numbers, the brotherhood are an underground group of people looking to exapnd as far as tech. They are not prominant as they once were in the wastes due to the conflicting groups such as the NCR and the legion pushing them down. However, that does not stop them from being an unstoppable force if needed.
Faction perk: Able to wear power armor, (Diamond armor).
Don't want to join a faction? You can be a wastelander, free to roam as you like but be careful out there!

Applications!

To be whitelisted, please fill out this app to join our server!

Whitelist Application

OOC
IGN:
Do you have Teamspeak and will you get it?
Have you voted for us?
Did you read ALL the rules?

IC:
Name:
Character biography, (must be 1 -2 paragraphs):

Faction applications
Please PM your faction applications to the faction leaders listed below
*If the faction leader is on vacation, (which will be indicated on this section), please send your application to the second in command instead!

Major Faction Leaders

Brotherhood of Steel
Elder - thermalghost365
Sentinel -

NCR
Colonel - invdrzim13
Lieutenant Colonel - hyenabro

Caesars Legion
Legate - mrpapodopolus
Centaurion -

NCR Application
Spoiler:

BoS Application
Spoiler:

Caesars Legion Application
Spoiler:

Help out!
Want to help out the server? Scroll down below to look at the donation packages and see what you can get for donating your money to further keep our server running! You can also help support us by placing one of our banners in your signature.

Donations will not only benefit the server, but it'll create add ons to the map and upgrades for everyone to enjoy. Not only that, but you will receive awesome donation perks such as chest locking, protected areas, and VIP privileges.
$5 - Grass Package

If you donate $5, you will receive the Grass Package. In this package, you will receive:

An In-Game Title
VIP
#1 Priority

$10 - Cactus Package

If you are kind to donate $10, you will receive the Cactus Package. In this package, you will receive:

An In-Game Title
VIP
#1 Priority
LWC Protection
A free settlement

$25 – Pumpkin Package

If you are very kind to donate $25, you will receive the Pumpkin Package. In this package, you will receive:

An In-Game Title
VIP
#1 Priority
LWC Protection
A free small Town

$50 - Lapis Lazuli Package

If you are very very kind to donate $50, you will receive the Lapis Lazuli Package. In this package, you will receive:

An In-Game Title
VIP
#1 Priority
LWC Protection
A free Town

$100 - Diamond Package

If you are VERY VERY kind and amazing to donate $100, you will receive the Diamond Package. In this package, you will receive:

An In-Game Title
VIP
#1 Priority
LWC Protection
A free big City or Town

The explanations for the benefits in the donation packages are:

Buying a Town or "Open Town"
When buying a town, settlement, or open town with a donation package, you will be able to be protected from any type of grief. Materials and tools will be provided by a mod or admin. You can also just buy protection for a section of your base if you'd like!
Note: You may also buy protection or a preset open town by contacting an admin or mod in charge of the fenced off or walled area with Gold ingots! Open towns will be labeled with the price of ingots/blocks and the owner with Signs. Contact the owner via PM or in game to buy the open town.

The different types of land protected sizes:
Settlement - Small area for one person, 10x10 blocks.
Small town - A small town that can fit possibly 3 people, 25x25 blocks
Regular town - A town that can possibly fit 5 or more people, 50x50 blocks
Big town or city - This is basically a big town that can house about 10 or more people, 100x100 blocks
*Any expansions made will not be protected.

After you have donated please send an email to [email protected] or a pm to one of the admins with the following information:
IGN -
Package you donated for -
Transaction ID -
You can also add this information into a note while paying if you can fit it in.

Click this button in order to donate
Donations!

Signatures
By placing one of our banners in your signature, you are helping us out by advertising our thread and server! Thank you!
Posted Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/836hjgb][IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Dexevara/BOS.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/836hjgb][IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Dexevara/FNV_NCR_Camp.png[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/836hjgb][IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Dexevara/wastelanders.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/836hjgb][IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Dexevara/enclave.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
[url=http://tinyurl.com/836hjgb][IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z480/Dexevara/cityscapesmall-1400_qo3w.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Retrosplicer

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

What the Bloody Hell is going on now? Whos Commando-Pib were the hell is every..........3 times this has happended now 3 times.

Posted Image

Retrosplicer

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

Well..........Am i still Head Scribe?

Posted Image

revolvingocelot
  • Minecraft: revolvingocelot

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:51 AM

View PostRetrosplicer, on 15 September 2011 - 04:50 AM, said:

Well..........Am i still Head Scribe?
You stole first post..
D:
Roaming the lands of indie games

Highway
    Highway

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1050 posts
  • Minecraft: Highway

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:21 AM

commando is the new Part Owner. Swiss retired so he took charge as the great man he is! :)
http://www.youtube.c...r/HighwayForyou
- Tune in for Daily entertainment!

TheNaiveCynic

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

that bastard! why do we have another new thread anyway? >.>
And why isn't anything mentioned here about which version we'll be using (1.7.3 or 1.8), planned opening time, etc. D:

P.S.
Hi.

[edit] Oh, cuz pip is the new owner and this is his thread, makes sense :D ty for continuing pip

commandopip
  • Minecraft: CommandoPip

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

View PostTheNaiveCynic, on 15 September 2011 - 05:23 AM, said:

Oh, cuz pip is the new owner and this is his thread, makes sense :D ty for continuing pip

No problem! It's an honor to continue the server I love
Posted Image

madprotester
  • Minecraft: madprotester

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:10 AM

What sucks is that you guys half finished the map before 1.8 came out
Posted Image

revolvingocelot

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

View Postcommandopip, on 15 September 2011 - 05:34 AM, said:

No problem! It's an honor to continue the server I love
Even though I totally edited that...
lol

revolvingocelot

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:31 AM

View Postmadprotester, on 15 September 2011 - 06:10 AM, said:

What sucks is that you guys half finished the map before 1.8 came out
We're almost done with the map!
Adding a few details and it'll be up by friday.

madprotester

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

View Postrevolvingocelot, on 15 September 2011 - 06:31 AM, said:

What i meant is that the new server map won't have the 1.8 map features
Posted Image

BACON_NATOR

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:40 AM

View Postmadprotester, on 15 September 2011 - 08:30 AM, said:

What i meant is that the new server map won't have the 1.8 map features
it will have after buckit and plugins are fixed as it always has
Posted Image

madprotester

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:45 AM

View PostBACON_NATOR, on 15 September 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

it will have after buckit and plugins are fixed as it always has
If im correct, your building on the 1.7 terrain gen,so that means the new server map won't have higher mountains/swamp/ravine/abandon mine etc etc

cause 1.8 added a brand new biome generation code
Posted Image

AgeOfMinecraft
  • Minecraft: AgeOfMinecraft

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Does that mean we have to make new whitelist applications again...?
Noming on AfterEights at half Seven for I am hardcore.

revolvingocelot

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

View Postmadprotester, on 15 September 2011 - 10:45 AM, said:

If im correct, your building on the 1.7 terrain gen,so that means the new server map won't have higher mountains/swamp/ravine/abandon mine etc etc

cause 1.8 added a brand new biome generation code
We have HUGE mountains as is with the generator we used. I don't think we need ravines, vines etc because we pretty much got rid of grass, trees, etc. (but the grass may be an issue, it keeps coming back).

We added our own handmade dungeons and such so... I'm not so sure what we'll do with strongholds etc... We might switch some materials when 1.8 comes out, ie: cracked stone etc.

revolvingocelot

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

View PostAgeOfMinecraft, on 15 September 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

Does that mean we have to make new whitelist applications again...?
You're fine, ageofminecraft. I believe as long as you applied on the vault forums, you should be good.

Timothion

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:02 PM

You should probably update the piece about UNR, i dont have no tower in vault city anymore haha

ThatDaveLad

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

View Postrevolvingocelot, on 15 September 2011 - 06:31 AM, said:

Aaaaw schweeeet!

Thanks for keeping the server going commando =D

TheLastViolin
  • Minecraft: TheLastViolin

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:18 PM

Yeah commando, thanks. I appreciate it quite a bit. After all I got nowhere else to go. Anyway, will I have to reapply now? I haven't written a whitelist application since the third relaunch.
"Come back inside, to this house, to your home, made of steel-structured styrofoam. Nobody's out there, but someone is singing you back to your birthplace. That voice is the same voice you heard on the same night that everything glowed."

CaptainKidd77

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

Wow we go through Owners and Threads quicker then I change my underwear...... :P

Anyways, I just want to say that I'll be sticking with us (Again :D) and I hope we can continue to work through any problems and enjoy this great server concept.

- Kidd.