Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[v3.6] AMIDST - Strongholds, Village, Biome, Etc. Finder. [1.7.4]

• Please log in to reply
4373 replies to this topic

flarn2006

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Posti_prefer_pi, on 06 September 2013 - 01:40 AM, said:

Did you make a profile that was set to the snapshot specifically instead of newest? That's what I did, and it worked for me.

Yep, tried with both 13w36a and 13w36b; neither worked.
▀▄▄▀ This creeper isn't happy with his birth defect.
█▀▀█ He made it so you couldn't have more than two lines in a signature.

Register or log in to remove.

Willy_Galleta

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postflarn2006, on 06 September 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Yep, tried with both 13w36a and 13w36b; neither worked.
Same here. I posted a bug on the tracker a while ago. https://bitbucket.or...-used-in-amidst
Spanish webcomic artist! 8D
Steel Jaws in English. ;)

Echo23
    Echo23

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Minecraft: Echo23

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm using admist with my snapshot profile. The seed doesn't seem to be synchronized with the map that admist shows me. I spawn in terrain no where near the co ordinates on the map.

Edit: I figured out what was wrong, I was using a profile that accepted experimental updates but didn't specifically choose the snapshot 13w36b. I had latest version under the field.
Hope that helps if anyone else had problems!

pemapanik
  • Minecraft: pemapanik

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

I really like your program.  Actually, I am extremely happy I found it.  I'll be trying the 3.1 update shortly, after posting this, but I wanted to make two suggestions first.

1. Make an option to select which icons to show.  That way if I only want villages I could leave that one checked but none of the rest.
2. Is there a way to set the max viewing area so that the map will only draw the part of the world you have explored.  Even having it set within the program so I could say only view from 1024x  512z to -1024x -512z.  This would be helpful so that you can view what is only in the areas you want.

I also have one question.  I select my profile but always have to go to New > From File or Folder to open my map.  Is there a way or could you add a way to list recently viewed worlds.  Maybe retrieve the world name from the dat file or my reading the folder name the dat file is in?

Thanks again for creating this.
Changing the world one block at a time.

Spruu
    Spruu

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

View Postpemapanik, on 06 September 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

I really like your program.  Actually, I am extremely happy I found it.  I'll be trying the 3.1 update shortly, after posting this, but I wanted to make two suggestions first.

1. Make an option to select which icons to show.  That way if I only want villages I could leave that one checked but none of the rest.
2. Is there a way to set the max viewing area so that the map will only draw the part of the world you have explored.  Even having it set within the program so I could say only view from 1024x  512z to -1024x -512z.  This would be helpful so that you can view what is only in the areas you want.

I also have one question.  I select my profile but always have to go to New > From File or Folder to open my map.  Is there a way or could you add a way to list recently viewed worlds.  Maybe retrieve the world name from the dat file or my reading the folder name the dat file is in?

Thanks again for creating this.

1. You can already select what to view under Map -> Layers. The only thing you can't separate is to only draw witch or (jungle/desert) temples separately, because they're all determined by the same method, it just depends on what biome it's in. You can turn off those or villages or strongholds...

2. No. This program doesn't read any of your world data, so it doesn't know what you've explored and never will. It creates these maps purely based off the seed. That's it. You can zoom the map in or out to crop it to the size you want, as well as scale the window. These settings are saved so it'll always be the size you set, and centered on the coordinates you specify between seeds.
Posted Image

KuraiOokami

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

Could you allow an option to manually locate the minecraft .jar when the program starts? And my reason being I run minecraft off of a usb drive ,using a prompt, for portability between PCs without having to lose save to different computers. so amidst won't find my files unless I copy my data into the roaming folder otherwise it say it can find the profile but not the .jar

Obi-Wahn
    Obi-Wahn

The Meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything...

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

View Postmegachirops, on 06 September 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

I have no idea if it's a red herring or a clue, but I was also getting the 3.1 "Error extracting jar data" with the FileNotFoundException even though it's definitely there.  I created a new user account with a one-word username ("Minecraft") instead of "Firstname Lastname" (with a space) and it works fine on that account. Switched back to my usual account and deleted the .minecraft directory and let it do a fresh install, just to be sure, and it still won't work on that one.
That's definitely the solution for me. Thanks a lot. I guess the code needs some quotation marks for the filepath.
Now I can search for that Mesa biome I've been missing so far.

[edit] There are biomes missing in 13w36b. AMIDST says "Mega Taiga Hills" when I'm actually in a "Mega Spruce Taiga". And there's also a "Mesa (Bryce)" biome where AMIDST just says "Mesa". "Ice Plains Spikes" are shown as "Ice Plains", "Flower Forest" as "Forest". I guess all the rare variations aren't shown.

RocketTurtle

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

View Postmegachirops, on 06 September 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

I have no idea if it's a red herring or a clue, but I was also getting the 3.1 "Error extracting jar data" with the FileNotFoundException even though it's definitely there.  I created a new user account with a one-word username ("Minecraft") instead of "Firstname Lastname" (with a space) and it works fine on that account. Switched back to my usual account and deleted the .minecraft directory and let it do a fresh install, just to be sure, and it still won't work on that one.

I think you've hit on it.  Amidst works on my work computer but not on my home computer, and that's the only difference between the two.  I have a username without spaces at work and one with spaces at home.

Zheren
    Zheren

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

I am sorry if this has been asked multibel times but is there an option to show an icon for where the spawn is?

I ask because I tried the random seed generation to find me a starter island but unless you are able to find one thats 1k x 1k in diameter you can never be sure that you acctualy spawn on it :x

Grindylow

Posted 07 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

I just get "Error extracting jar data." no matter what I do. I have re-downloaded Amidst 3.1 and re-created the whole Minecraft installation from scratch with no mods at all, and nothing works.

Windows XP, which means that there will be spaces in the %APPDATA% path.

Test: I started Amidst through a batch file, and it worked! It's just the spaces in the path that forks up everything.

set APPDATA=C:\DOCUME~1\Grindylow\APPLIC~1\
AMIDST-3.1.exe

wolfeye68
  • Minecraft: wolfeye68

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostGrindylow, on 07 September 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

I just get "Error extracting jar data." no matter what I do. I have re-downloaded Amidst 3.1 and re-created the whole Minecraft installation from scratch with no mods at all, and nothing works.

Windows XP, which means that there will be spaces in the %APPDATA% path.

Test: I started Amidst through a batch file, and it worked! It's just the spaces in the path that forks up everything.

set APPDATA=C:\DOCUME~1\Grindylow\APPLIC~1\
AMIDST-3.1.exe

The following error:
Found profile selection, but unable to locate minecraft.jar

Grindylow

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

View Postwolfeye68, on 07 September 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

The following error:
Found profile selection, but unable to locate minecraft.jar

Different problem, different solution.

FOR ANYONE HAVING THE "Found profile selection, but unable to locate minecraft.jar." BUG! REDOWNLOAD

http://www.reddit.co...n_a_13w36a_map/

mll
    mll

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

View Postmll, on 05 September 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Hi, and thanks for the very quick update for the latest snapshot. Unfortunately, I can't get AMIDST to open / generate a map. here's the debug log :
Spoiler:

Bump. I noticed on the first line that it quotes 1.6.2.jar, although "%appdata%\.minecraft\versions\13w36a\13w36a.jar" does exist.

Edit : problem fixed by doing the following :
1. relaunching the launcher wich made me switch from 13w36a to 13w36b
2. renaming "%appdata%\.minecraft\versions\1.6.2" to "%appdata%\.minecraft\versions\1.6.2.bak"

absurdalna

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Anyone generate a villages in 13w36b? Or seen? I don't know if this is a problem generator game or AMIDST but, for example in seed  -9040309323208346866 village in 240, -192 (AMIDST) does not exist. I checked a few other seeds and villages and it is the same. I have not seen any village.

Grindylow

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

View Postabsurdalna, on 07 September 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Anyone generate a villages in 13w36b? Or seen? I don't know if this is a problem generator game or AMIDST but, for example in seed  -9040309323208346866 village in 240, -192 (AMIDST) does not exist. I checked a few other seeds and villages and it is the same. I have not seen any village.

I have seen villages, but there are none nearby your seed coordinates.

flarn2006

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

I have found a workaround for it not using the snapshot version.
All I had to do was rename the bin folder (in .minecraft) since it's not needed by the new launcher. Then I created a new folder called bin, put 13w36b.jar in it, and renamed it to minecraft.jar.
▀▄▄▀ This creeper isn't happy with his birth defect.
█▀▀█ He made it so you couldn't have more than two lines in a signature.

Willy_Galleta

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I found out a current issue with Amidst is present when you have set a game directory in your profile settings. Amidst 3.1 will look for the versions folder inside the game directory instead of the game installation folder.
Unchecking the game directory box, saving profile, then loading Amidst (and after that you can change it back, Amidst only needs the profile data during startup), will make it work with a profile that otherwise would default to the first entry in the versions folder (because that's looked up independent of the profile game dir anyway).

This is a workaround only for those who are unable to load a specific version of the biome generator from the profile selector. If you happen to have the jar you want as the only one in the versions folder or in the bin folder (as minecraft.jar) you may also see that it loads, since those are fallback defaults. I am sure there are other bugs that this workaround won't cover, so be patient.

wolfeye68
  • Minecraft: wolfeye68

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostGrindylow, on 07 September 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

Different problem, different solution.

FOR ANYONE HAVING THE "Found profile selection, but unable to locate minecraft.jar." BUG! REDOWNLOAD

http://www.reddit.co...n_a_13w36a_map/

Uh, sorry. What I meant to say is: If I use your solution I get the following error:...
It's okay, I found a workaround with megachirops' solution.

Willy_Galleta

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

View Postabsurdalna, on 07 September 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

I have seen villages around, but it's possible that some of the ones Amidst finds are never actually spawned due to differences in how the game considers a location for a village spawnable. I'd guess Mojang could make the rules for spawning villages more flexible, but that would take a while to happen.

swords
    swords

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hello all!

Sorry if I sound demanding but I want to know how in the world to fix the"Error extracting jar data."

Yes i have seen Grindylow's and megachirop's post and can't make out what i need to do.....

a derp guide will be appreciated