Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[v3.6] AMIDST - Strongholds, Village, Biome, Etc. Finder. [1.7.4]


  • Please log in to reply
4367 replies to this topic

#2701

Evilpengu
  • Location: Levin
  • Minecraft: _Evilpengu_

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

i cant add the java -noverify -jar AMIDST.jar to my .exe thingy

Register or log in to remove.

#2702

Deonix
    Deonix

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Location: Russia

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

deleted

#2703

setosorcerer

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Forgot to show you this, but I made a video explaining your program. Hope you enjoy it.



#2704

dmoneky
    dmoneky

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Now I just downloaded it and I open the app... It opens but all I get is a blank grey screen for it with file and help. I click the map I wanna see but it doesn't show up! I'm on a mac so idk if it's just because I have a retarded mac or not. Help?

#2705

taj1994
    taj1994

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 691 posts
  • Location: Ardrossan, Alberta, Canada
  • Minecraft: taj1994
  • Xbox:taj1994

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

View Postdmoneky, on 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM, said:

Now I just downloaded it and I open the app... It opens but all I get is a blank grey screen for it with file and help. I click the map I wanna see but it doesn't show up! I'm on a mac so idk if it's just because I have a retarded mac or not. Help?
Is your jar modded?

Posted Image


#2706

jmeldercooper

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ok so attempting to use this for the first time, i notice the option File >> New >> From Server, is no longer available. How can we use this program with a SMP server? (or can we? Don't want to teleport as much as find my fortress and my nether fort)

Thanks for your time!

#2707

Kestilla
    Kestilla

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm assuming this doesn't work for the snapshot version?  Because it's showing a blank gray screen.

#2708

shadowrules

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Postshadowrules, on 12 January 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

Darn.

  Now it always says when I open it: "AMIDST ran in JAR mode without -noverify!
Use:java-noverify -jar AMIDST.jar"

I used to be able to open it without the warning.And I am not removing my mods so I will just stick with the older version.At least it's better for me rather than this version..If possible,please change that.Thanks.Posted Image
Come on!

  I just tried using the older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7,well,nothing happened.Posted Image Posted Image That means I can't use this program!!Is there any other way to fix that problem without removing mods???By the way,I use Magic Launcher maybe that will help.Untill that wierd error gets removed,I can't use AMIDST.That means you just lost a follower.Maybe someone knows how to fix this.If it's not possible I'll just have to look for another program doesn't give me error.So long for now!(intill someone knows how to fix it)
P.S. Hasn't anyone thought that the older versions are better because you can have  mods but it still works???
Minecraft....Is all about fun.Thanks Mojang.

#2709

supersmartypants
  • Minecraft: supersmartypants

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Whenever I load up a seed, it doesn't show witch huts... It drives me crazy. Is there a way to toggle them?
Posted Image

#2710

Arctus9819

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

View Postshadowrules, on 16 January 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Come on!

  I just tried using the older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7,well,nothing happened.Posted Image Posted Image That means I can't use this program!!Is there any other way to fix that problem without removing mods???By the way,I use Magic Launcher maybe that will help.Untill that wierd error gets removed,I can't use AMIDST.That means you just lost a follower.Maybe someone knows how to fix this.If it's not possible I'll just have to look for another program doesn't give me error.So long for now!(intill someone knows how to fix it)
P.S. Hasn't anyone thought that the older versions are better because you can have  mods but it still works???

I had the same problem with a modded jar, I think I got a work around. You just got to rename your modded minecraft.jar to something else, and keep a vanilla minecraft.jar somewhere else (I kept it in the main minecraft directory). When you start AMIDST, it will prompt you to locate minecraft.jar for it. Just direct it to the vanilla one you kept aside, and it will start up properly. Then rename your modded .jar back, and PROFIT! So far, AMIDST has stuck to the vanilla one, no idea how long it will last though.

#2711

BladeFury1789
  • Location: Directly behind you. That's right.
  • Minecraft: BladeFury1789

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Villages. Do. Not. Work. Seed: 2921982460999831619

#2712

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

View PostBladeFury1789, on 20 January 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Villages. Do. Not. Work. Seed: 2921982460999831619

Villages are hit and miss. Depends on the seed or something. Sometimes village prediction is close to 90% accurate, sometimes it's only 50%, keep trying.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

#2713

shadowrules

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View Postshadowrules, on 16 January 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Come on!

  I just tried using the older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7,well,nothing happened.Posted Image Posted Image That means I can't use this program!!Is there any other way to fix that problem without removing mods???By the way,I use Magic Launcher maybe that will help.Untill that wierd error gets removed,I can't use AMIDST.That means you just lost a follower.Maybe someone knows how to fix this.If it's not possible I'll just have to look for another program doesn't give me error.So long for now!(intill someone knows how to fix it)
P.S. Hasn't anyone thought that the older versions are better because you can have  mods but it still works???
Dude,did you read this post I made??
Come on!

  I just tried using the older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7,well,nothing happened.Posted Image Posted Image That means I can't use this program!!Is there any other way to fix that problem without removing mods???By the way,I use Magic Launcher maybe that will help.Untill that wierd error gets removed,I can't use AMIDST.That means you just lost a follower.Maybe someone knows how to fix this.If it's not possible I'll just have to look for another program doesn't give me error.So long for now!(intill someone knows how to fix it)
P.S. Hasn't anyone thought that the older versions are better because you can have  mods but it still works???
Minecraft....Is all about fun.Thanks Mojang.

#2714

dragozillion

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Hello I am trying to download this "app" on mac and I do not know how to get it to work it says AMIDST ran in JAR mode without -noverify! Use java -noverify -jar AMIDST.jar But I still don't know what to do. Please help.

#2715

CannonFoddr
  • Location: Inside your PC, watching you !!!!!
  • Minecraft: CannonFoddr

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

View Postshadowrules, on 20 January 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Dude,did you read this post I made??
Come on!

  I just tried using the older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7,well,nothing happened.Posted Image Posted Image That means I can't use this program!!Is there any other way to fix that problem without removing mods???By the way,I use Magic Launcher maybe that will help.Untill that wierd error gets removed,I can't use AMIDST.That means you just lost a follower.Maybe someone knows how to fix this.If it's not possible I'll just have to look for another program doesn't give me error.So long for now!(intill someone knows how to fix it)
P.S. Hasn't anyone thought that the older versions are better because you can have  mods but it still works???
Heyy Dude.. please be patient

There's only about 3-4 people here that try to help out the best they can, they're not on 24hours a day (maybe 1 a week if they're lucky) & it can be difficult keeping track if we try to help more than one person at a time (I myself is trying to help out about 3-4 people ATM on different threads)

Anyway,
Firstly - your 'AMIDST ran in JAR mode without -noverify! Use:java-noverify -jar AMIDST.jar"
There's a 'search this topic' box up there in the top right corner - Have you tried it ??

This is a common problem, (It's also mentioned on the first post) and MAYBE someone who had the same problem has had a reply on how to fix it.
Has anything been changed (other than updating to 1.4.7) - e.g have you had a JAVA update, Changed Forge for Modloader (or visa versa), Updated Forge/Modloader to a different version, Modified Minecraft.jar recently in any way??

> Some posts have shown that Forge can cause this to come up, but not with Modloader...Have you tried different versions ??
> Other shows that by moving AMIDST to the 'root' cured it (although this is for MAC - you don't say what you're using so I can only guess)
> It could be because of your Modded minecraft.jar, so perhaps you could do this method to see if it works...

Second, you say you're using an older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7
- erm...AFAIK this causes problems in the first place.
ONLY the most recent version works with the most recent version of Minecraft - so 2.0.41 WILL NOT WORK with 1.4.7, but 2.0.42 'should' work on older versions - this is one of the reason why there's updates.....

You say you use (or 'used')  Magic..... well in theory this means you wouldn't have a modded minecraft.jar anyway (Magic should tell you in the setup if minecraft.jar is 'modified' or not)

AMIDST has always had trouble with 'modified' minecraft.jar files in one way or the other
- some people seem to have no problems, other do
....I always say its best to start with a CLEAN minecraft.jar when trying to sort  out ANY problems (especially if MOD's are used at any time)

I can also tell you that I have found out that IF you use Magic (or any OTHER alternative launcher) then AMIDST has trouble either reading the 'level.dat' file for some reason & give a world map with the seed of '0'
Or minecraft.jar is modified somehow & AMIDST always thinks the seed is '0'

If you use the official launcher & load in the world - then quit & run AMIDST to read the Level.dat - it does seem to work OK then. Here's my original post

I know you're not even getting this far - but I thought I'll just point out the fact in case you do

Why this is so I have no idea
I assume that the way Magic 'adds' mods without actually altering minecraft.jar does something  Amidst doesn't like... but running the official launcher 'fixes' the problem
Posted Image

#2716

mustache_pig_666

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

hey this is cool but whenever I try to run it it says   AMIDST ran in JAR mode without-noverify!
    Use:java-noverify-jar.AMIDST.jar

by the wayPosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2717

CannonFoddr
  • Location: Inside your PC, watching you !!!!!
  • Minecraft: CannonFoddr

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postmustache_pig_666, on 21 January 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

hey this is cool but whenever I try to run it it says   AMIDST ran in JAR mode without-noverify!
Use:java-noverify-jar.AMIDST.jar

by the wayPosted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
For **** sake... Doesn't anyone bother reading previous posts any more ?!?!?!?!?  Posted ImagePosted Image

Firstly - need more info
- as stated in first post of this thread to get any proper help - we (the people who try to help) need info like operating system, java version, is your minecraft.jar 'modified' etc etc - to give us an idea what may be the problem and to give better possible solutions

If the right information is supplied we may find some common feature that those having problems have with AMIDST & can figure out a proper fix to it.... (For all we know it could be a certain JAVA version that causing problems Posted Image  )

Also, as I stated in the post right above yours - this is a regular problem & that some people have given suggestions in the past to what MIGHT be the reason for 'Java - No Verify' problems & it only needs you to 'search this topic' to see if any is relevant to you
Posted Image

#2718

hachebe
    hachebe

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

hello,
i wanted to use this mod but couldnt get it to work.
tried it at work first, win vista, it worked saw my beautiful mincraft map with all the temples and villages on it.
when i got home i downloaded it from the same scourse (here) and tried it egain on my pc (win7) this however didnt work,
it simply doesnt open at all. i double clik the icon and nothing happens, the cursor goes into waiting but after 10 seconds it just turns back to cursor and nothing happens.
i dont have any mods, just single player, it worked on other pc, not here
please help

#2719

shadowrules

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostCannonFoddr, on 21 January 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Heyy Dude.. please be patient

There's only about 3-4 people here that try to help out the best they can, they're not on 24hours a day (maybe 1 a week if they're lucky) & it can be difficult keeping track if we try to help more than one person at a time (I myself is trying to help out about 3-4 people ATM on different threads)

Anyway,
Firstly - your 'AMIDST ran in JAR mode without -noverify! Use:java-noverify -jar AMIDST.jar"
There's a 'search this topic' box up there in the top right corner - Have you tried it ??

This is a common problem, (It's also mentioned on the first post) and MAYBE someone who had the same problem has had a reply on how to fix it.
Has anything been changed (other than updating to 1.4.7) - e.g have you had a JAVA update, Changed Forge for Modloader (or visa versa), Updated Forge/Modloader to a different version, Modified Minecraft.jar recently in any way??

> Some posts have shown that Forge can cause this to come up, but not with Modloader...Have you tried different versions ??
> Other shows that by moving AMIDST to the 'root' cured it (although this is for MAC - you don't say what you're using so I can only guess)
> It could be because of your Modded minecraft.jar, so perhaps you could do this method to see if it works...

Second, you say you're using an older version of AMIDST with 1.4.7
- erm...AFAIK this causes problems in the first place.
ONLY the most recent version works with the most recent version of Minecraft - so 2.0.41 WILL NOT WORK with 1.4.7, but 2.0.42 'should' work on older versions - this is one of the reason why there's updates.....

You say you use (or 'used')  Magic..... well in theory this means you wouldn't have a modded minecraft.jar anyway (Magic should tell you in the setup if minecraft.jar is 'modified' or not)

AMIDST has always had trouble with 'modified' minecraft.jar files in one way or the other
- some people seem to have no problems, other do
....I always say its best to start with a CLEAN minecraft.jar when trying to sort  out ANY problems (especially if MOD's are used at any time)

I can also tell you that I have found out that IF you use Magic (or any OTHER alternative launcher) then AMIDST has trouble either reading the 'level.dat' file for some reason & give a world map with the seed of '0'
Or minecraft.jar is modified somehow & AMIDST always thinks the seed is '0'

If you use the official launcher & load in the world - then quit & run AMIDST to read the Level.dat - it does seem to work OK then. Here's my original post

I know you're not even getting this far - but I thought I'll just point out the fact in case you do

Why this is so I have no idea
I assume that the way Magic 'adds' mods without actually altering minecraft.jar does something  Amidst doesn't like... but running the official launcher 'fixes' the problem
Thanks for the help and all!But,I just realized I will download MultiMC and live my original .minecraft folder alone.So,basically,there is no mods on my original .minecraft but there are mods on my MultiMC.Now I can use AMIDST because there are no mods on my original .minecraft folder!!Yay! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Here sir one diamond
Posted Image
Minecraft....Is all about fun.Thanks Mojang.

#2720

ozzymud
    ozzymud

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 458 posts
  • Location: K. Falls
  • Minecraft: Ozzymud

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 11 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

And since the color schemes are stored in the registry in binary, you can't easily edit it that way either.

I do in Windows XP, here is the info on those binary keys stored in HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-000000000-0000000000-000000000-0000\Software\Sean Kasun\Minutor\ColorSchemes [000000000-0000000000-000000000-0000 is unique to your current user]

Value name:
"scheme X" (REG_BINARY - Binary Value)
Data:
0000  0X 00 00 00 YY 00 YY 00
0008  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0010  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0018  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0020  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0028  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0030  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0038  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0040  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0048  YY 00 YY 00 YY 00 YY 00
0050  YY 00 YY ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ
~SNIP~
0600  ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ

Legend for above:
X = Number of this scheme
Y = Hex codes of name, 41=A, 42=B, 63=c, 64=d (http://www.ascii.cl/)
Z = Fill all with zeros until the 4th colum of row 0600 (Minutor v1.6.3)

schemeid DWORD value = number to use next as 1st bit and scheme name
if you add "scheme 2" with 1st bit 02 (0X from above), set schemeid to 3

After this ALL colors will be set to #000000 with alpha zero.

Here is some pics of my custom scheme "Specials":
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image