Latest News Article

[v3.6] AMIDST - Strongholds, Village, Biome, Etc. Finder. [1.7.4]

• Please log in to reply
4375 replies to this topic

Dweller_Benthos
  • Minecraft: Dweller_Benthos

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostGuaver, on 12 November 2012 - 05:10 AM, said:

To clarify I am running a windows 7 64 bit system and I have run into the same errors as the people above me. I have used amidst before and usually the .exe works perfectly. Now neither the .exe or the .jar file run from a bat file, command prompt, or just run directly are working. Please let me know if there are any other options I could try or if something has changed in the latest version other than whats on the op post. Thanks!

View Postim2awsm, on 12 November 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

Im running Windows 7 64 bit, and running Java 7. The latest one.

Both of you: Download the debug version linked in the OP, then post any error messages in the debug screen as spoilers here. To do that, once the window shows the error, click on the window icon in the upper left, click on Edit then Select all, then Edit and Copy, paste here.

View Postpyr0_Maniac, on 12 November 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

I did that but it just said
Unable to access jarfile AMIDST.jar

Is the jar file in the active folder? I'm not sure how macs handle this, but the AMIDST.jar file has to be somewhere the computer can find it. You may need to ask someone who knows macs how to run something from terminal, because I've just run out of mac knowledge.
D_B
To tell them how to live is to prevent them living.

Register or log in to remove.

randomdice101

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

I just wanted to put my input on this. I know why the program is crashing even with the
java -noverify -jar AMIDST.jar option. It's Minecraft forge's fault.

I had forge installed tried to run it amidst didn't want to hear anything about it. Just reset my minecraft.jar and like magic its working again.

DonutHands

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 11 November 2012 - 04:19 AM, said:

Weird, all I can figure is the java 6 problem, but I don't really know, skidoodle will have to weigh in on that. Do you have another computer you have access to that you can try it on?
Ok. I am stupid. Amidst will not open at all if you have a modified minecraft.jar file. I thought the application would open then you can point it to the files you want to access or enter in your own seed. But it looks like upon launch it does some sort of check for a minecraft jar file that is unmolested.

So yea. Just like the first page says you all need a fresh install for this to work. No mods. No forge.

cdog0001
    cdog0001

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

How do u download strong hold finder for 1.4.2

cuzicouldyay

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I've got this working on my 10.6.8 OSX. Found myself on the map, it matches my seed. :D It's a bit late at the moment, so tomorrow I'll probably start checking on the NPC villages, maybe even a stronghold. Thanks so much for making this!

Dweller_Benthos

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostDonutHands, on 12 November 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Ok. I am stupid. Amidst will not open at all if you have a modified minecraft.jar file. I thought the application would open then you can point it to the files you want to access or enter in your own seed. But it looks like upon launch it does some sort of check for a minecraft jar file that is unmolested.

So yea. Just like the first page says you all need a fresh install for this to work. No mods. No forge.

OK, great you got it working. I have a modded jar file and never have any problems, so I didn't think of that. Though I don't have Forge, so maybe that's it.

View Postcdog0001, on 12 November 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

How do u download strong hold finder for 1.4.2

From the link in the OP?
D_B

TroyParry

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Works first go, no problems. However, the 2 strongholds I searched for do not exist. All I found were Silverfish in the cobblestone.

Dweller_Benthos

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostTroyParry, on 14 November 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

Works first go, no problems. However, the 2 strongholds I searched for do not exist. All I found were Silverfish in the cobblestone.

If you found silverfish, you found the stronghold, as far as I know, silverfish don't spawn anywhere else.
D_B

NashaWriter

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question. Last night Amidst worked for me perfectly. This morning, there was an update to MC (1.4.4) and now Amdist won't bring up any of my maps. Is there correlation here or could it be another problem?

Thanks so much and thank you for such a kick-butt program!

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4216 posts
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I just updated and now it wont read any of my maps. It just shows a blank world, with and with out a modded minecraft.jar

Posted Image

Every map, every zoom, scrolling around a bit.. it's all blank.

Posted Image

jlp1528
    jlp1528

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yes, I have this problem as well. It happens on a lot of updates, but it always gets fixed pretty quick. In the meantime, you could always try Minutor. Sure, it's more of a mapper than a structure finder, but it's better than nothing. Oh, and huge tip if you're just looking for villages: turn on lighting. There are only two sources of light in Minecraft that spawn naturally on the surface: lava and village lamppost torches. You'll have to try it yourself to see what I mean, but it's pretty obvious. Try it out. You won't be sorry. Trust me.
Hope that helps!

RadioRoscoe

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostDweller_Benthos, on 14 November 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

If you found silverfish, you found the stronghold, as far as I know, silverfish don't spawn anywhere else.

Actually, that is incorrect. From the wiki:

Silverfish spawn from Monster Eggs and monster spawners, which are only found in strongholds and randomly underground in Extreme Hills biomes from silverfish blocks when broken. When spawning from monster spawners, they can only spawn in light level 11 or lower, except on top of stone blocks, where they can spawn at any light level. They also cannot spawn within a 5 block distance of any player. These restrictions only apply when spawning from a monster spawner, and not from a Silverfish block.

Spajk
    Spajk

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostNashaWriter, on 14 November 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I have a question. Last night Amidst worked for me perfectly. This morning, there was an update to MC (1.4.4) and now Amdist won't bring up any of my maps. Is there correlation here or could it be another problem?

Thanks so much and thank you for such a kick-butt program!
same problem, I think it doesnt support 1.4.4

TrannyBaus

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

No, it doesn't the maker says on the first page that the mod only supports up to 1.4.4. You may need to wait a while until he upgrades to 1.4.4 as it just came out.

DamienVIII

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

really helpful! thx for this

Dweller_Benthos

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostRadioRoscoe, on 14 November 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Actually, that is incorrect. From the wiki:

Well, what do you know. Learn something new every day. Anyway, the user specified cobblestone, which doesn't make sense, did they mean stone brick? Either way, I've never found AMIDST to be wrong about strongholds, they are pretty much always where it states they are, not like villages which can be more iffy due to other spawning rules. When looking for strongholds, be sure to dig at the exact coordinates AMIDST displays, even being off by one block can mean you miss the tunnel.
D_B

zalasur
    zalasur

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

So, has anyone noticed that Amidst just stopped working for them? I don't get any errors, and the program appears to load up fine, but when I try to either generate a map from a seed or from a level.dat file... nothing happens. No error or anything, but the application just sits there like I gave it no command at all. It doesn't hang or anything; it just simply... does nothing.

I'm running Amidst 2.0.40 on MacOS X 10.7.5 with Java 6. I'd send an error report, but I'm not getting any that I can see.
My name is Dave. How are you?  B)

zalasur
    zalasur

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

View Postzalasur, on 15 November 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

So, has anyone noticed that Amidst just stopped working for them? I don't get any errors, and the program appears to load up fine, but when I try to either generate a map from a seed or from a level.dat file... nothing happens. No error or anything, but the application just sits there like I gave it no command at all. It doesn't hang or anything; it just simply... does nothing.

I'm running Amidst 2.0.40 on MacOS X 10.7.5 with Java 6. I'd send an error report, but I'm not getting any that I can see.

Never mind. While I don't have a modded minecraft.jar, earlier I did a copy of the file since I was testing a mod (I had since moved it back). I'm guessing the act of copying somehow "corrupted" something, so I'm going to do a force reinstall

zalasur
    zalasur

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

View Postzalasur, on 15 November 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Never mind. While I don't have a modded minecraft.jar, earlier I did a copy of the file since I was testing a mod (I had since moved it back). I'm guessing the act of copying somehow "corrupted" something, so I'm going to do a force reinstall

Ah, no go on the force update either, and I think I know what the problem is. I don't think Amidst 2.0.40 works with minecraft 1.4.4. I even did a clean install, and I still get the same problem.

pctech4me

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

View Postzalasur, on 15 November 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Ah, no go on the force update either, and I think I know what the problem is. I don't think Amidst 2.0.40 works with minecraft 1.4.4. I even did a clean install, and I still get the same problem.
Yea. Same here. Just wait till he updates :)