• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[SPOILER] Super Hostile Guide [WIP]

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Hostile Guide (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this guide helpful so far?

1. Yes, I find this guide very helpful and it helped me when I got stuck (13 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Yeah, I dont play the series but, it seems like a cool idea (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. There are some flaws (such as the guide being WIP) but overall it's a pretty useful guide (25 votes [48.08%])

Percentage of vote: 48.08%

4. No, information is too vague and sucks like I can't understand it. Also, you and your community suck at making guides (3 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

5. Why is their a guide in the first place? (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

6. Im here to troll about this loser game you guys think is cool. I play call of duty. I played it like 10 hours straight yesterday. I'M SO COOL! (Vechs voted for this one :P) (7 votes [13.46%])

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Olangotang
  • Minecraft: Olangotang
  • Xbox:Langester97

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:36 PM

Super Hostile Guide

::  :Orange:  :Purple:  :Blue:  :Yellow:  :Lime:  :Pink:  :Grey:  :White:  :Teal:  :Violet:  :Indigo:  :Logs:  :Green:  :Red:  :Black:  :Iron:  :GoldBar:  :Diamond:  
This Guide has been discontinued by me. However, please check out matt_minouf's guide here: http://www.minecraft...tile-guide-wip/
Also, if you want to test my parkour map, the link is here:
http://www.minecraft...s-troll-update/

Map Thread

More coming soon!

I'm pretty sure you have played Super Hostile maps sometime. Maybe you conquered the Sea of Flames or rose victoriously from the hell that is Legendary. But, sometimes you may get stuck. And then you give up and don't give the awesome maps a chance! I am here to help you continue your journey through the map that you may be stuck on with this Super Hostile Guide. Oh, and before anyone asks I asked Vechs (Yes the burden himself!) if I could make these and he said it was ok! So without further ado! I present to you the beginning of the Super Hostile Guide!
(If this is in the wrong forum section please let me know ]^_^)

If any of you guys know where any of the wool are please post here and I will credit you and add the location to the list :D  

Difficulty System:  
:Pig: NOOB
:Zombie: EASY
:Skeleton: HARD
:SSSS: Sssssssssssuper HARD
:VV: Now you're in for it!: I HATE YOU VECHS [IHVY] Pronounce it like ivy.....Whatever now on to the walkthroughs!
Each level guide comes in its own little organized spoiler package!

Please Note: There is more than 1 way to get a wool. We are explaining the most straight forward way.

Guide Community:
Spoiler:

Sea of Flame II
You spawn on an obsidian platform...you see islands and a giant sea of lava. You become bored and decide to complete a "Victory Monument" that is shown on the signs. But, there are many risks to doing this...
I might post the first version to!
Difficulty: (So Far but, it could be just me) :Skeleton:
Rating from Vechs: Average

Spoiler:

Endless Deep

Spoiler:

Infernal Sky II

Spoiler:

Kaizo Caverns

Spoiler:

Black Desert

Spoiler:

Canopy Carnage

Spoiler:

Legendary

Spoiler:

Nightmare Realm

Spoiler:

Sunburn Islands

Spoiler:

Note: my spoilertags may be messed up :P

SEA OF FLAMES II Progress:
======================================================================
:::Orange::Purple::Blue::Yellow::Lime: 35% Complete
======================================================================
(Each counts as 5%)

Click on my sig to download the best map series ever made!(And counting!)

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:20 AM

Those brick-and-glass structures are called Fleecy Boxes. They're only in Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, and Nightmare Realm. The rest are in ordinary chests.
BTW, are you going to do the RFW maps too?
Posted Image

Olangotang

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

View PostZap_12100, on 18 October 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

Those brick-and-glass structures are called Fleecy Boxes. They're only in Sea of Flame II, Infernal Sky II, and Nightmare Realm. The rest are in ordinary chests.
BTW, are you going to do the RFW maps too?
I plan to do ALL of Vech's maps but I need some input and help. Ex: someone can say where the wool is in Map X and where it is such as area Y. Something kind of like that. Yes I know Joehills calls them "fleecy boxes".
Posted Image

JordyCharlieBoz

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

I like the idea. You need to play through the map and get them all first and then go back and do them again writing down what you do. The first time you do it, it is obviously going to be harder. But the 2nd time you will know that for example you dig though a wall near the start of the map you can get to an area that otherwise would have been hard to get to. That is if that is the direction you want this guide to go. A sort of quick way to finish sort of thing. Or you keep going the way you are and its more of a 'here is how i did it, I can tell you were it is and be careful guide'.

But yeah would be nice to have a guide up just in case people get really stuck. ie the Black wool on CC required a few hints. Impossible to see with 1.8 void effect.

Olangotang

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

[quote name='JordyCharlieBoz' timestamp='1319035489' post='9464406']
I like the idea. You need to play through the map and get them all first and then go back and do them again writing down what you do. The first time you do it, it is obviously going to be harder. But the 2nd time you will know that for example you dig though a wall near the start of the map you can get to an area that otherwise would have been hard to get to. That is if that is the direction you want this guide to go. A sort of quick way to finish sort of thing. Or you keep going the way you are and its more of a 'here is how i did it, I can tell you were it is and be careful guide'.might might

But yeah would be nice to have a guide up just in case people get really stuck. ie the Black wool on CC required a few hints. Impossible to see with 1.8 void effect.
Appreciate the feedback man ;) Yeah,I basically went with the "here is how I did it idea. I also want people to submit their own experiences cause I might not get all the maps done :P plus, the series is growing at a rapid rate so the OP will get VERY long.
Posted Image

mike678
    mike678

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

I've completed nightmare realm, Legendary, kaizo caverns and about 80% of sea of flames. Though on sea of flames my memory is a little fuzzy. Let me know if there's anything in particular you need.

Ani0Token

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

This is really helpful!

Posted Image

Olangotang

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

View PostAni0Token, on 20 October 2011 - 02:47 AM, said:

This is really helpful!
Thanks! I plan on making a guide as detailed as possible! Basically, its to help people if they get stuck!

To mike678: I'm aiming on renovating this thread tomorrow with more info now that people are actually seeing it :)
Posted Image

Redstone_Fanatic
  • Minecraft: Redstone_Fanatic

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:14 PM

Yeah it did take me ages to find the SOF2 victory monument. Every other map could have the VM in an easy to find location, even in Legendary...but this? It was hidden well. Legendary just took some time to get to.
Lana? Lana. Lana! ....LANAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!
WHAT?!
Danger zone.

Olangotang

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

View PostRedstone_Fanatic, on 20 October 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

Yeah it did take me ages to find the SOF2 victory monument. Every other map could have the VM in an easy to find location, even in Legendary...but this? It was hidden well. Legendary just took some time to get to.
Exactly. Legendary was just: find Intersection III and go to Home of Victory. Sea of Flames is like: OH! Your'e never gonna find me you need to go through a small little tunnel filled to the brim with cobwebs that looks like a little indent in the side of the island! So yeah, IMO Sea of Flames II is the 2nd hardest Monument to find next to Black Desert.
Posted Image

Zap_12100
  • Minecraft: Zap_12100

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:03 AM

View PostOlangotang, on 20 October 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

Sea of Flames II is the 2nd hardest Monument to find next to Black Desert.

In my opinion, ordering the monument's "get-to" difficulty, from easiest to hardest, would be this:

Infernal Sky II - You can see it from where you spawn. Nuff said.
Endless Deep - Again, easy to see from the ocean surface (around the starting area).
Nightmare Realm - Easy to get to, sure. You'll have a bunch of ghasts and whatnot joining you.
Kaizo Caverns - Once you get to Intersection I, which isn't that difficult.
Legendary - Once you get to Intersection III, which is difficult.
Canopy Carnage - Sooner or later you'll come across the dock, which has a nice straight path to the temple.
Sunburn Islands - The entrance is pretty hard to see, although it's in plain sight.
Sea of Flame II - Generally you wouldn't think to cut through those webs. But you can get to it from Vech's Piggy Temple (a.k.a. Cathedral of the Suidae)
Black Desert - All I will say is that the cake is a lie. ._.
Posted Image

Olangotang

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

View PostZap_12100, on 21 October 2011 - 04:03 AM, said:

In my opinion, ordering the monument's "get-to" difficulty, from easiest to hardest, would be this:

Infernal Sky II - You can see it from where you spawn. Nuff said.
Endless Deep - Again, easy to see from the ocean surface (around the starting area).
Nightmare Realm - Easy to get to, sure. You'll have a bunch of ghasts and whatnot joining you.
Kaizo Caverns - Once you get to Intersection I, which isn't that difficult.
Legendary - Once you get to Intersection III, which is difficult.
Canopy Carnage - Sooner or later you'll come across the dock, which has a nice straight path to the temple.
Sunburn Islands - The entrance is pretty hard to see, although it's in plain sight.
Sea of Flame II - Generally you wouldn't think to cut through those webs. But you can get to it from Vech's Piggy Temple (a.k.a. Cathedral of the Suidae)
Black Desert - All I will say is that the cake is a lie. ._.
Cool! I actually might use these! ;)
Posted Image

MrL567
    MrL567

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:32 PM

Want to know were some wool is to add to your guide?

Spoiler:

I beat two super hostile maps, see of flame 2 and spellbound, have to finish more. Plan to do inferno mines for lulz and win when it goes out. Have fun!

Olangotang

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

View PostMrL567, on 21 October 2011 - 09:32 PM, said:

Want to know were some wool is to add to your guide?

Spoiler:
I'll use some of it ;)

Figured out how to use spoilers again eh?
Posted Image

Oversoul96
  • Minecraft: Oversoul96

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

It'd be great if there was a wiki for this.

I'd like to contribute some good strategies for some dungeons in SoFII.

Spoiler:

Herrete
    Herrete

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Minecraft: Herrete

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

I'd like to contribute with more Sea of Flames II, with the Rageshadow area.

Spoiler:

And some secrets for that map.

Spoiler:

M1ke52
    M1ke52

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

View PostHerrete, on 22 October 2011 - 11:06 AM, said:

I'd like to contribute with more Sea of Flames II, with the Rageshadow area.

Spoiler:

And some secrets for that map.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

xen3000
    xen3000

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Could you please try to not use colored text too much? The yellow text makes my eyes bleed...

Olangotang

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

View Postxen3000, on 22 October 2011 - 02:47 PM, said:

Could you please try to not use colored text too much? The yellow text makes my eyes bleed...
Hey, xen3000, Problem? :P

Thanks everyone for your wonderful walkthroughs! I will DEFINITELY be using these ;)
Posted Image

Herrete
    Herrete

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Minecraft: Herrete

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

View PostM1ke52, on 22 October 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

Spoiler:

Spoiler: