Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Fence Gate Elevator [Video]


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:03 PM



Here's the tutorial:



Register or log in to remove.

#2

iAcce
    iAcce

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

nice!

That will be very usefull for making mineshaft lifts and such as it is rather compact.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image For u!

#3

freepie
    freepie

    Coal Miner

  • Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:13 PM

That's pretty awesome! I'd love to see it used in an industrial adventure map

#4

Palfrey
    Palfrey

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:10 PM

Dude. That's frkn AWESOME. Can you make it slower?

#5

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

View PostPalfrey, on 12 September 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

Dude. That's frkn AWESOME. Can you make it slower?

Thanks. It's very easy to make slower, just slow down the clock that's controlling it.

#6

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:26 PM



#7

ichigo
    ichigo

    Carpenter

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

nice paternoster!

#8

ProPoro
    ProPoro

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 387 posts
  • Location: Somewhere near the Arctic circle..
  • Minecraft: ProPoro

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

A very nice concept :D
All that really needs is a switch to toggle on/off state :P But that's very easy to add :D
You may ignore this, I have no business with you.. Yet.
Check out my Minecraft Endurance Track here! Posted Image

#9

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

View PostProPoro, on 17 September 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

A very nice concept :D
All that really needs is a switch to toggle on/off state :P But that's very easy to add :D

Check out the tutorial, it has such a switch.

#10

ProPoro
    ProPoro

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 387 posts
  • Location: Somewhere near the Arctic circle..
  • Minecraft: ProPoro

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

right. My bad :D
You may ignore this, I have no business with you.. Yet.
Check out my Minecraft Endurance Track here! Posted Image

#11

Kamil
    Kamil

    Obsidian Miner

  • Members
  • 1279 posts
  • Minecraft: SupePsychoSnipe

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Making the "cart" area (AKA the fence gates) 3 tall will keep you from clipping into the block above when going down.

#12

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

View PostKamil, on 17 September 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

Making the "cart" area (AKA the fence gates) 3 tall will keep you from clipping into the block above when going down.

You can also use half-blocks, as I did in the tutorial.

#13

Serrol
    Serrol

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

View PostSethBling, on 17 September 2011 - 08:54 PM, said:

You can also use half-blocks, as I did in the tutorial.
Can you create a system to allow this to go an unlimited height? I'd love for a bedrock to surface elevator to use for my mines. Oh, and can you also space out the carts by 1 block, so we can have two doorways? I was thinking of doing this, and will try it right now.

#14

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:20 PM

View PostSerrol, on 17 September 2011 - 09:14 PM, said:

Can you create a system to allow this to go an unlimited height? I'd love for a bedrock to surface elevator to use for my mines. Oh, and can you also space out the carts by 1 block, so we can have two doorways? I was thinking of doing this, and will try it right now.

I think it should be easy to put several of these next to each other and just have a piston that pushes you from one elevator to the next. You could easily space out the up- and down-column by one block, and it would probably lead to increased usability.

#15

LazyRob3

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:57 AM

Great tutorial!
It took me an hour or two but I finally got mine working. This is my very first time doing anything cool with Redstone so it wasn't too easy figuring out what my mistakes were at first (My delayed pistons are the horizontal ones due to space constraints on how I made mine [everything is also 100% hidden]) so slabs/gates kept getting pushed out of the rotation after the first pistons went off.

Question though. I wanted to make a slightly modified version of this. Like I said it's my first time doing something with Redstone though so bare with me on this.
I basically want it to be able to be switched on from the top, and then switched off at the bottom after you get there. And then when you're ready to go back up you can use the same lever to start it up again and so on.
I read the Redstone guide last night and as far as I can tell, I need to make a XOR Gate. However it doesn't seem to be working. Neither of the inputs turn it on.

Screenshots of XOR Gate
Spoiler:

So please let me know if you can see what the problem is, or if I'm using the completely wrong type of gate.

Thanks again!
Sig Space Available For Purchase
PM for details

#16

SethBling
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • Minecraft: SethBling

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:08 AM

View PostLazyRob3, on 18 September 2011 - 05:57 AM, said:

Question though. I wanted to make a slightly modified version of this. Like I said it's my first time doing something with Redstone though so bare with me on this.
I basically want it to be able to be switched on from the top, and then switched off at the bottom after you get there. And then when you're ready to go back up you can use the same lever to start it up again and so on.
I read the Redstone guide last night and as far as I can tell, I need to make a XOR Gate. However it doesn't seem to be working. Neither of the inputs turn it on.

An XOR gate is what you want, and it looks like your xor gate is correct. Redstone signals can only travel 15m, it looks like you may be coming close to that limit. Try adding a repeater a few blocks after the output of your XOR gate.

#17

Harrv
    Harrv

    Out of the Water

  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: Harrv

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

i think i love you.  :RFlower:
Posted Image

#18

AJMansfield
  • Minecraft: AJMansfield

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:08 PM

I love this! this is awesome!



#19

Minecrafter_jack
  • Location: Y=10 through 16, digging up diamonds.
  • Minecraft: lorien4

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

This is pretty cool. Is there any good way to hide the redstone and pistons?
Posted Image

#20

Pastaking22

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

Wow. Just amazing. I wish there was a mod that allowed infinite redstone current and ability to make pistons push 13+ blocks