• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[32] [1.7.4] VillainCraft (WIP) Mk6.4 - About Damned Time Update - Over 25 Thousand Downloads!

evil never looked so good themed dark futuristic modern evil gothic science villain villainous

• Please log in to reply
462 replies to this topic

Poll: [32] [1.7.4] VillainCraft (WIP) Mk6.4 - About Damned Time Update - Over 25 Thousand Downloads! (88 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the (humanoid) mobs for VillainCraft: Asylum be like?

1. Mental patients (36 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. Hospital staff (26 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Twisted hallucinatory creatures (49 votes [41.88%])

Percentage of vote: 41.88%

4. I don't care. I'm only answering this poll because it won't let me answer the others if I don't (6 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Now that all the CTM and Custom Animations are up to date, what should I focus on?

1. Focus on improving VillainCraft Original and adding new features (16 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Focus on finishing the missing textures in VillainCraft Original (28 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

3. Focus on the missing mobs for VillainCraft Original (7 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

4. Focus on the mobs for VillainCraft Asylum (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

5. Focus on finishing the Asylum adventure map, so we can finally see the non-Beta version of the pack (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

6. I don't care. I'm only answering this poll because it won't let me answer the others if I don't (4 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Should I change the Foodbeetles back to Chickens

1. Yes, chickens are better. (7 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

2. Yes, you don't need to justify the presence of feathers in the spear recipe (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

3. No, beetles are better (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

4. No, the chiten blade makes more sense in the spear recipe than feathers do (6 votes [19.35%])

Percentage of vote: 19.35%

5. I don't care. I'm only answering this poll because it won't let me answer the others if I don't (5 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

Should I change some of the uniform bottled items to unique or non-bottled items?

1. Yes, the ink sacks (2 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Yes, the lapis lazuli (5 votes [9.26%])

Percentage of vote: 9.26%

3. Yes, the cocoa beans (3 votes [5.56%])

4. Yeah, the cactus green (2 votes [3.70%])

5. Yeah, the bone meal (2 votes [3.70%])

6. Yeah, the fermented spider eye (2 votes [3.70%])

7. Yeah, the ghast tear (5 votes [9.26%])

8. Yeah, the magma cream (3 votes [5.56%])

9. Yeah, the slime ball (2 votes [3.70%])

10. Yeah, the sugar (3 votes [5.56%])

11. Yeah, the gunpowder (5 votes [9.26%])

12. No, they're all good the way they are (7 votes [12.96%])

Percentage of vote: 12.96%

13. I don't care. I'm only answering this poll because it won't let me answer the others if I don't (13 votes [24.07%])

Percentage of vote: 24.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts
  • Minecraft: BrokenEye

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:30 AM

Last Update: March 19th, 2014
Update Log:
Spoiler:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good evening. I expect you're wondering why I, Supreme Grand Imperial Commander President-for-Life BrokenEye, have summoned you here today to my top-secret volcano lair.

Well allow me to explain to you my nefarious plot. You see ladies and gentlemen I, Supreme Grand Imperial Commander President-for-Life BrokenEye Destroyer of Worlds, am in the process of constructing a vile phelebotinum-powered resource pack to remake all of Minecraft in my villainous image, and I am prepared to unleash it upon the world.

This is merely a warning shot to demonstrate the megalithic power of my ultimate superweap--*ahem*--my resource pack. When the pack is complete, all of Minecraft shall tremble before the evil might of I, Supreme Grand Imperial Commander President-for-Life BrokenEye Destroyer of Worlds, High Admiral of the Legions of Darkness. MWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Behold!

New In This Version:
Posted Image

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE: Doku does it, Joli does it, even an educated flea does it. And ladies and gentlemen soon and very soon Yours Truly BrokenEye, Time Traveling Messiah, King of the Molemen, Emporor of the United States and Defender of Mexico will be doing it. That's right folks, VillainCraft will be releasing its very first alternate Flavour, originally just an edit of the pack for an adventure map I'm working on, but its quickly taking on a life of its own. They all laughed at me when I said I could make an alternate version of my pack! They called me mad! And guess what? They were right! And now those nice young men in their clean white coats are coming to take me away to....

Posted Image

A while back, I was starting work on building a villainous lair in Minecraft and I was looking for a good texture pack to work with. I couldn't find anything that I liked, so I created one instead.

VillainCraft draws inspiration from several villain archetypes, primarily the Supervillain, the Bond Villain, and the Mad scientist, with elements of Gothic Horror, Evil Empire, and Nazis thrown in for good measure.

HELP WANTED!

If anyone is willing to make the endportal texture, fire animation and book GUI that would be much appreciated and I will give you credit.

I'd also be interested in anyone with musical talent making new, more sinister ambiant music tracks.

Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Spoiler:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Behind the Evil is where I explain the reasoning, concepts, and or process behind some of the textures in the pack.
Spoiler:

Posted Image
Netherwart, sugarcane, vines and break animation by Swatch.

Leaves, jungle leaves, pine needles, stone (partial), ores (partial), cobblestone (partial), mossy cobblestone, fern, long grass, map bg, GUIs (partial), sand, and light map by Azlla.

Apple and Golden Apple by Hakizin

Source audio for broken disc courtesy of The Conet Project

Music disc tracks by the Bernhard Kaun, BBC Concert Orchestra, John Barry, Charles Williams, Modest Mussorgsky. All tracks have been legally purchased from via Google Play or similar paid download services.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Finish Terrain
Posted Image Finish Items

Posted Image Dragon

Posted Image Horses, Donkey, & Mule
Posted Image Better GUIs

Posted Image 1.6 textures
Posted Image 1.7 textures
Posted Image Finish support for mods that are partially supported

Posted Image Decorative clay blocks
Posted Image RandomMobs support

Posted Image Custom sounds
Posted Image VillainCraft Pocket Edition

Posted Image = Planned, Posted Image = Started, Posted Image = Partly done, Posted Image = Mostly done, (Not on the list anymore) = Done

Posted Image

Hey there kiddies, you want more of BrokenEye's wit, creativity, and general weirdness? Well its your lucky day, as BrokenEye can be found in many places across the Interconnected Computer Network, almost all of which is entirely unrelated to Minecraft, villains, and/or VillainCraft. It just may well be the most interesting thing you've seen all year (assuming you lead a particularly boring life)! I really need to work on my marketing skills, huh?

Posted Image The wit and wisdom of BrokenEye on The Twitter @BrokenEyeMedia

Posted Image Great art, original movie posters, hastily thrown together demotivational posters, rarely updated webcomic, and the occasional slightly insane blog post at BrokenEye3 on deviantArt

Posted Image Maticulously planned interactive adventures (including the popular Project Sipoad and Behind Closed Doors serieses), steampunk, dreams, shrimp, canceled military projects, and whatever else strikes my fancy for players of Spore at BrokenEyeReborn

Posted Image
Posted Image
[url="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/612815-32-174-villaincraft-wip-mk63-attack-of-the-50-foot-update-over-25-thousand-downloads/"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/EoKHuAO.png[/IMG][/url]

Posted Image
Posted Image

The VillainCraft® resource pack and all textures contained are a registered copyright ® of BrokenEye, protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). BrokenEye has not, does not, and will never give you permission to use any of these textures in your own resource pack. If you see a resource pack containing VillainCraft® textures, credited or otherwise, then they were by very definition used without the permission of BrokenEye and therefore stolen. Please report any such packs to both the moderators and BrokenEye. However: Edited versions of VillainCraft® and VillainCraft® textures are allowed if you submit them to BrokenEye on this thread or the VillainCraft® post on Planet Minecraft. Remixed and edited versions of VillainCraft® and its textures that BrokenEye likes will be published by BrokenEye in this post with credit to the editor included. Edited versions of VillainCraft® textures that BrokenEye really likes may even be included in future versions of VillainCraft® as alternates, or even replacements for the original textures with full credit where credit is due.

Many mobs were killed, harmed, hurt, injured, infected, neglected, dissected, bisected, disrespected, misdirected, unprotected, crippled, crushed, cut, carved, disemboweled, disassembled, disgraced, disfigured, disturbed, strangled, mangled, maimed, mauled, mutilated, amputated, immolated, lacerated, violated, decapitated, disintegrated, contaminated, traumatized, lobotomized, vandalized, victimized, used, abused, bruised, burned, branded, brained, broken, bashed, beat, blinded, blasted, blistered, bled, mislead, underfed, left for dead, beat up, busted up, blown up, roughed up, torn up, torn down, run down, put down, picked on, spit on, walked on, and experimented upon in the making of this pack.

Posted Image
"Your "reality", sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever" — Baron Munchhausen

Register or log in to remove.

gz™
    gz™

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1817 posts
  • Minecraft: gz

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Boy.. that's a lot of contrast :o

EDIT: I think you need to work on tiling *if you wanted criticism.
Go check out some of my suggestions on my profile, in the about me tab!
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

View Postgz™, on 10 September 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

I think you need to work on tiling *if you wanted criticism.

Tiling? What's that?
Posted Image
"Your "reality", sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever" — Baron Munchhausen

djscorch
  • Minecraft: derki_

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

That's pretty cool. If I didn't already have a texture pack, I'd use that one! Anyways, great presentation and excellent screenshots! Keep going and many will appreciate this!

gz™
    gz™

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1817 posts
  • Minecraft: gz

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:10 AM

View PostBrokenEye, on 10 September 2011 - 04:41 AM, said:

Tiling? What's that?

Tiling is basically how the blocks look when they're all together? Like for example you made a wall made out of wooden planks & there's this one section of the texture that has a darker tone than the rest. It would be very evident once you look at the wall in general.

If that made any sense.
Go check out some of my suggestions on my profile, in the about me tab!
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:07 AM

New updates to mobs and armor
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:07 PM

Items are complete now
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Several new updates
Posted Image

pppizza2
  • Minecraft: pppizza2

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

looks cool ill try it out
Diamond all the way....
Posted Image [SSSS]

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

View Postpppizza2, on 17 September 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

looks cool ill try it out

Great
Posted Image

kingsped
    kingsped

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Sad face :( link doesnt work

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

View Postkingsped, on 17 September 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Wat? Lemme see that?
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

View PostBrokenEye, on 17 September 2011 - 08:45 PM, said:

Wat? Lemme see that?

Ah, I see the problem. Mediafire told me that they'd replaced the old version with the new version. They LIED.
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:48 PM

View Postkingsped, on 17 September 2011 - 08:43 PM, said:

Fixed it
Posted Image

Qemh
    Qemh

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Minecraft: Qemh

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

Hello Sir!

I must say, that this pack is an awesome one. I dont use much packs yet, because im making my own one, but this for one stands out!
It stands out, and that is what is good in it. I bet tehre are people that love playing with the "evilish" style.

But for now, im trying this out. Good luck! I suggest you to finish everithing that is orginally being able to be customized, and then do mod support. More effort in this - more happy players.

sysmic
    sysmic

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

it actually is pretty nice... yeah you may want to do a bit more tiling work but it's looking nice!!!! good luck! downloading.
Posted Image

40Ninjaz123

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Love the armour. Love the fact that different armour kinda has different purposes, it's like dress up but not having to change your skins :D

Supershadow195
  • Minecraft: Supershadow195

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

awesome texture pack! :D
Posted Image

joelestral
  • Minecraft: joelestral

Posted 17 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

View Post40Ninjaz123, on 17 September 2011 - 10:48 PM, said:

Love the armour. Love the fact that different armour kinda has different purposes, it's like dress up but not having to change your skins :D
i agree, i really love most textures, keep up the good work!

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:28 AM

Improved tiling added
Posted Image