An updated version of the prerelease (with some major fixes!) is now available!
As with major version releases, prerelease copies are normally distributed to trusted users and developers for bugfix testing and to enable mod updating in time for the official release.
Unfortunately, a version of the prerelease had been publicly leaked by one of the groups.
After a while the leak was sanctioned by Mojang and permission was given for this topic to be published.
Minecraft 1.8 Prerelease Version 2: http://assets.minecr...2/minecraft.jar
Server 1.8 Prerelease Version 2: http://assets.minecr...raft_server.jar
If the file ends in .zip, simply change it to .jar
Mineshaft generation halved
Three strongholds now spawn per map instead of one
Bugfixes: If they still occur, send a PM!
- No more lag when experience balls are dropped
- Furnace now smelting all items correctly
- No more client crashes when placing chests
- Can now break blocks in Nether
- Now able to go into position over broken Nether blocks in Creative mode
- Actual silverfish name displayed when they kill a user instead of base name
- No more items being wiped when accessing Creative mode
- No more randomly catching fire in Creative mode.
- Unlimited water is now available in Creative Mode
- Dyes are now in palette
- Endermen no longer hold grass with side texture visible on top
- Missing items from Creative Mode inventory have been added
Minecraft 1.8 Prerelease: http://assets.minecr...e/minecraft.jar
Server 1.8 Prerelease: http://assets.minecr...raft_server.jar
- Any user found distributing the .jar or links to it will be dealt with and have posts removed. The links above should be used.
- Handling a copy will not involve repercussions. The distribution is authorised by Jeb and I have recieved a confirmation on it.
- If you want to know why prereleases are being made available instead of the full version, read this: Here
If you have a copy:
All content regarding the prerelease copies (screenshots and videos) go in this thread.
Any questions/information regarding bugs are to be posted here or passed on to me on IRC or PM.
BUG REPORT TEMPLATE
[b]Bug:[/b] Description of bug [b]How to replicate:[/b] description of how you found it (if possible to replicate) [b]Finder:[/b] Name - So we can ask specific questions for more details [b]Mode:[/b] SSP/SMP/SSP Creative/SMP Creative [b]Version:[/b] Prerelease One or Two [b]Priority:[/b] Priority of bug, either: "Major" "Medium" "Minor"I would like to offer thanks to everybody that has been submitting various bug reports and information. While our small team had already found almost 80 bugs, we knew we would miss some things!
EXTREME MOUNTAINS BIOMES EXAMPLE:
Co-ords: -99, 70, 290
Images: Extreme Hill Generation
Thanks to tag JTGammerr for the tutorial.
Thanks to cyberace for the tutorial.
Threads are allowed to be posted discussing individual features about the 1.8 update from this "leaked" version. Simple screenshots, video's, livestreams and bugs should be posted here.
Minecraftforum Staff/Bug Tester