• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[WIP] Glendale Isl Adventure, Floating Paradise, Crystal Caverns [Updated 04/20/12]

custom maps

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

My  Skyblock Challenge!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Glendale Island (Adventure)
Spoiler:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Paradise In The Sky (Survival)
Spoiler:

The Crystal Cavern (Survival)
Spoiler:

Texture Pack
Posted Image
Posted Image
All screnshots are done using a texture pack I'm designing myself. It's about 90% done with the terrain and around 20% for the items. It will be released under the name Glendale Texture pack as it was originally for my adventure map but ultimately it became a general pack.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Swedishdude

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:50 PM

Looks nice! Keep going and it will be great :)
Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:53 PM

Thanks. The homes and buildings are fully built out too with rooms and all. No small square builds, I don't care for such. Some of them will be based off memory of RL homes I've lived in. So should be fun!

Posted Image

cornecrafterr

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Nice i love it!
is th river naturally made? or you made it yourself?
its generated would you like to share the seed? xd
Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

View Postcornecrafterr, on 29 September 2011 - 08:13 AM, said:

Nice i love it!
is th river naturally made? or you made it yourself?
its generated would you like to share the seed? xd

The whole island for Glendale was made with WorldPainter, so even if you had the seed you would have nothing at all like what I show :P The island was made with world painter, then a lot in in game editing using SPC and world edit. Yes the river was made myself. :3

Posted Image

TonyRockWalker

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

Youre voice sounds like a fucking robot *-*
Oh yeah, nice btw
"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." -Tyler Durden

killimanjoro

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:52 AM

I want to see your island map soon it looks awsome
Posted Image [SSSS]
GENERATION 28: Community experiment. The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation.

reaper45693
  • Minecraft: reaper45693
  • Xbox:reaper45693

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:42 AM

Looks AWESOME!
Thats both maps BTW.

Also make sure with your island map you come up with PLENTY of challenges :)
So we have a nice long list of things to accomplish, But don't make it too easy for us :)
Did my post help you out? Just take a second and click that little Green Arrow :)
Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:20 PM

View Postreaper45693, on 11 October 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

Looks AWESOME!
Thats both maps BTW.

Also make sure with your island map you come up with PLENTY of challenges :)
So we have a nice long list of things to accomplish, But don't make it too easy for us :)

Haha I plan to! You'll start out on a smaller island and have to use what you have to get to the bigger ones. Resources will be hard to come by until you work your way to other islands and even then you may have to do some searching! One goal will be to make a bridge at least two wide connecting ALL of the islands! That means you wont be able to mine away an island completely.

I do wonder how to manage animals if I want any at all... I tested it by spawning them in and nearly all of them fell and went for a swim below.

I am at the moment waiting for worldpainter to update it's code for the new biomes as I want to change the seed to this world so I can have a few themed islands in their biomes (yes even a mushroom one) and sense world painter allows you to see the biomes as your changing the seed, it's easy to set them up :3

Posted Image

Zuesian
    Zuesian

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Minecraft: Zuesian

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

The map looks really cool, I can't wait until its done.
Zuesian

reaper45693

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:15 AM

View PostTaiine, on 11 October 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Haha I plan to! You'll start out on a smaller island and have to use what you have to get to the bigger ones. Resources will be hard to come by until you work your way to other islands and even then you may have to do some searching! One goal will be to make a bridge at least two wide connecting ALL of the islands! That means you wont be able to mine away an island completely.

I do wonder how to manage animals if I want any at all... I tested it by spawning them in and nearly all of them fell and went for a swim below.

I am at the moment waiting for worldpainter to update it's code for the new biomes as I want to change the seed to this world so I can have a few themed islands in their biomes (yes even a mushroom one) and sense world painter allows you to see the biomes as your changing the seed, it's easy to set them up :3
Sounds great!

Also just leave the animals to spawn on the islands as they normally would, once a player gets to the island they can fence some off :)

Change water to void to 1 - Kill off animals, to ensure more spawn. 2 - so that the player doesnt just end up going for a swim with no way back up...
Did my post help you out? Just take a second and click that little Green Arrow :)
Posted Image

MisterSergus

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

The firsy one is very nice! Ceep creating maps!
Posted Image

Nico_cast

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

Love to do the sky survival thing!

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

View Postreaper45693, on 12 October 2011 - 06:15 AM, said:

Sounds great!

Also just leave the animals to spawn on the islands as they normally would, once a player gets to the island they can fence some off :)

Change water to void to 1 - Kill off animals, to ensure more spawn. 2 - so that the player doesnt just end up going for a swim with no way back up...

Ehh the issue with that is that there are -SO MANY- maps that just have the land over the void. I was thinking that well.. you're over this vast sea, if you fall, you may have no way back up... you'd have to drown yourself or think creatively to return back to the land. Plus one objective I was thinking of adding was making a shipping dock + boat. There is -no ore- in the water, just sand leading down to bedrock... sand you could use for other means.  ^.-

But I could make a 2nd version of this that lacks the water below.

Posted Image

reaper45693

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

View PostTaiine, on 12 October 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

Ehh the issue with that is that there are -SO MANY- maps that just have the land over the void. I was thinking that well.. you're over this vast sea, if you fall, you may have no way back up... you'd have to drown yourself or think creatively to return back to the land. Plus one objective I was thinking of adding was making a shipping dock + boat. There is -no ore- in the water, just sand leading down to bedrock... sand you could use for other means.  ^.-

But I could make a 2nd version of this that lacks the water below.
Well yeah, that way you will be a tad more careful, and plenty of people are like "shit fell to the void" than if your floating in the water "i don't wanna drown myself..."
So yeah 2 versions would be good, each one would work well.

For void - Make a Dock + Air Ship :)

Only problem with water is animals wont die.
Posted Image

reaper45693

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

How is the island paradise going?
Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

View Postreaper45693, on 12 October 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

Well yeah, that way you will be a tad more careful, and plenty of people are like "shit fell to the void" than if your floating in the water "i don't wanna drown myself..."
So yeah 2 versions would be good, each one would work well.

For void - Make a Dock + Air Ship :)

Only problem with water is animals wont die.

I plan on using the kill all command before releacing it. that means every animal will be killed. after that... I could spawn a few on a couple of the bigger islands. It seems in 1.9 animals are smarter when it comes to avoiding falling off places. I had a sheep on a 4x4 block on one map and it never fell off even as mobs spawned on the same chunk.

These are being made in 1.8 with SPC, (it's not out for 1.9) and animals are wondering off the islands.. so that issue may be fixed with 1.9.

Posted Image

reaper45693

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

View PostTaiine, on 14 October 2011 - 05:37 PM, said:

I plan on using the kill all command before releacing it. that means every animal will be killed. after that... I could spawn a few on a couple of the bigger islands. It seems in 1.9 animals are smarter when it comes to avoiding falling off places. I had a sheep on a 4x4 block on one map and it never fell off even as mobs spawned on the same chunk.

These are being made in 1.8 with SPC, (it's not out for 1.9) and animals are wondering off the islands.. so that issue may be fixed with 1.9.

Ah ok than. Didn't know the whole 1.9 smarter animals thing lol
Only annoying thing is that animals take ages to spawn now lol
Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4194 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:23 AM

View Postreaper45693, on 14 October 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

Ah ok than. Didn't know the whole 1.9 smarter animals thing lol
Only annoying thing is that animals take ages to spawn now lol

They don't spawn at all in 1.9. They are pre existing in new chunks. Once there gone there gone. ^^; Although in 1.8 sense the breading code isn't there they DO still respawn, but it seems they do only when the chunks reload.

Posted Image

J1NM1N
    J1NM1N

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Minecraft: J1NM1N

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

I really loved the idea of floating islands and a port. Kinda reminds me of Skypiea.