• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Change your username

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

MR_HAT_AND_CLOGS

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

I reckon you should be able to change your minecraft username. I checked the support area of minecraft.net and it said that you couldn't change your username but they would be adding it soon.

Register or log in to remove.

Shadow207
  • Minecraft: Shadow207

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:36 AM

View PostMR_HAT_AND_CLOGS, on 08 September 2011 - 06:35 AM, said:

I reckon you should be able to change your minecraft username. I checked the support area of minecraft.net and it said that you couldn't change your username but they would be adding it soon.
Im gonna just come out and say it. If they say they are adding it soon, Why make a suggestion?
Posted Image

Ir_Sonnex
  • Location: In this topic, or another. Or offline. I'm somewhere, believe me.
  • Minecraft: Ir.Sonnex

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

Notch has indeed stated quite a while ago that in some point, name changes will be supported. This isn't yet the case though and there is no known date as to when it will be. But if he says it will be possible in the future, then be patient.
'Ir' is just the short form of 'engineer' in Dutch. Call me Sonnex.
Steam ID: Sonnex

rubenjoos

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:38 AM

View PostShadow207, on 08 September 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

Im gonna just come out and say it. If they say they are adding it soon, Why make a suggestion?
haha, you are completely tight

cvar
    cvar

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

They should have you pay $2 or something to change it, or at least put a limit on it.

irichey25
  • Minecraft: irichey25

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:53 AM

I was reading what notch said on his twitter he said that he wont add it cause it could bypass banned usernames.
Posted Image
Cant Wait For 1.8

InfestedZombie
  • Minecraft: InfestedZombie

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:56 AM

I wouldn't expect it to be added until the game is out of Beta.  Right now they are concentrating on making the game not customer support.

-I got a fever, and the only prescription, is moar Minecraft. Posted Image

Jackdreded
  • Minecraft: Whoreletcraft

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

View Postcvar, on 08 September 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

They should have you pay $2 or something to change it, or at least put a limit on it.
Shhhhhhhhh Don't give them any ideas ok!!!!
Posted Image [SSSS]

alfie275

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Perhaps make it so the username is seperate from the ingame name?

morshu9001
    morshu9001

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

View Postirichey25, on 08 September 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

I was reading what notch said on his twitter he said that he wont add it cause it could bypass banned usernames.
There can be a username and a nickname. You ban the username, which can never change, but you can change the nickname. I really want to get rid of "bomb56", it's a horrible name.
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. I am a server admin. I only play MP and do NOT install SP mods.
Support shields replacing parrying here! (Click it)

FlipNinten
  • Minecraft: JyoErinn15

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

Maybe...It would be interesting to see how they handle it though.
Check out, and support the Map!
Posted Image

superduck23
  • Minecraft: superduck23

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

I would like to see a nickname feature as well; it really kills your self esteem to know you will always have the same name, and will get made fun of for having it.

Posted Image

OMGITSANALIEN
  • Minecraft: OMGITSANALIEN

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

You should be able to make multiple characters, like Terraria.
Posted Image

nCurses
    nCurses

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

While I DO NOT ADVOCATE OR CONDONE PIRACY (so don't do it, kids), using a "Cracked" version of Minecraft with Anjo Caido's launcher permits name change.

Not necessarily sure if you'd be allowed to participate in SMP though... Most likely not if Mojang coded their server stuff right. I know before, anyone using Anjo's launcher could just sign in with any name before, but most likely it's fixed, for your own benefit.

So yeah, don't do it. It won't be good for your health. :P

SkeloPatch
  • Minecraft: SkeloPatch

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

hmm, they would have to make SOME cost to it, because you could just change your name and keep griefing a server until you are IP banned, because they will 99% ban your username instead.
Posted Image
Join My Server At: 122.58.84.237

morshu9001
    morshu9001

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • Minecraft: bomb56

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

View PostnCurses, on 24 January 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

While I DO NOT ADVOCATE OR CONDONE PIRACY (so don't do it, kids), using a "Cracked" version of Minecraft with Anjo Caido's launcher permits name change.

Not necessarily sure if you'd be allowed to participate in SMP though... Most likely not if Mojang coded their server stuff right. I know before, anyone using Anjo's launcher could just sign in with any name before, but most likely it's fixed, for your own benefit.

So yeah, don't do it. It won't be good for your health. :P

It would say "failed to verify username" and not let you in. You can only join servers in offline mode (but few are like that since people can impersonate OPs).
Using a Mac, the best kind of PC. I am a server admin. I only play MP and do NOT install SP mods.
Support shields replacing parrying here! (Click it)

MoBrownie
  • Minecraft: Angel_and_Demon

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

My sevrer has /nick.But when you log off.You need to remake it.Its classic.Nor is it mine...But i do have server worker there so.Hope its useful.
MO BROWNIE
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=86929][/url]Posted Image

IAreNinja

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:30 AM

your username is how you are banned if it could be changed greifers would have a field day

Posted Image

miner224
    miner224

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:40 AM

View Postirichey25, on 08 September 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

They could make your display name on vanilla servers (without any of those plugins) change, but your core username will hold all the server data and stufs.

View Postsuperduck23, on 14 January 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

I would like to see a nickname feature as well; it really kills your self esteem to know you will always have the same name, and will get made fun of for having it.
TRUTH!!! My name is tree24!!  :(

Pre_Purchased
  • Minecraft: Pre_Purchased

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hell yes I wanna change my name to Grifos!  Also, can you change your name on the MC forums? If you can can some reply to this?
If I have helped you, would you mind pressing the ( + ) button on my comment.  Also make sure to reply to my comment so I get the message.  Thanks!