• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

So this is my first build that I'm posting to the forum.  I love building things, in any game, and I decided to spend a little while on a random building idea.  This isn't my first build.  I have made only three major builds; a set of towers, a castle, and a domed Greek/Roman architecturally styled building.  

This is a random freebuild.  I had no design, and no floor plan, so I built what I thought looked cool and worked.  So, without further delay, here it is.

Posted Image
Here it is looking from the front view.  The floating blocks are just markers for me.  There are four buildings; the hub, the west wing, the north staircase, and the east wing.  The exterior, such as gardens and fountains, don't look too good.  

Posted Image
Here is the above shot.  You can see all four buildings. The east and west wings have one floor, while the north staircase and the hub have two.  

Posted Image
And here is the final picture that shows the two leveled building in the back.

:Blue:  :--+:  INTERIOR :Blue:  :Bench:  :cobblestone:

The Fiya Wing
Posted Image
Here is the Fiya Wing.  What I did was I had one person decorate a white wall.  I had three white walls, and had each person make whatever kind of pattern or picture they wanted.  Then, they were allowed to name it.  So this wing is named the Fiya Wing.  This is the pattern the person made.

Posted Image
Here is the view of the foyer of the Fiya wing, with the small crappy sculpture I made.

Posted Image
This is half of the Fiya wing.  It is the master bedroom, not too good.  

Posted Image
This is the other half.  It is a kind of study library.  Note: Both buildings look like this on the outside.  

Posted Image
The interior of the study.

The FumiWing

This was named by the creator of the pattern, after himself.  

Posted Image

Posted Image
This wing is different.  Here is, like the other wing, a small crappy sculpture. :D

Posted Image
Both rooms are identical.  They are guest rooms.  

Posted Image
There are a total of 6 rooms in each half for a total of 12 wings.  

Posted Image
Each room is identical.  Originally I had the beds be many different colors, but those colors didn't mix with the design of the overall building.  A  :Red:  or  :Pink: doesn't look so good surrounded by  :White: or  :Black: blocks, ya know?

And finally...
The Spider Staircase
Once again named after the person who designed the pattern.

Posted Image
And here is said pattern!  He thought it looked like a spiderweb or a skull, so he decided he wanted to call the staircase the Spider Staircase

Posted Image
Here is the staircase in all it's glory.  To either side is a small little library area like this one...

Posted Image
Each side, like I said, looks like this.

Posted Image
There is an upper level, of course.  Again THIS IS EMPTY.  I have NO idea what to fill it with, but I was thinking about making it a small library, hence the new name of the build, The Holy Library.  Either in there or there will be a library in the second level of the hub.  Maybe a circular ring of book cases.  

And alas, that comes to the end of it.  Like I said, I have no idea what to fill those three rooms with.  Any suggestions, leave them down below.  Thanks for reading.

Register or log in to remove.

southern_storm

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

Nice, I enjoy seeing other peoples creative buildings.  And this is very cool.  I'd be happy to see more!  

Just quickly, how do you download classic?  Keep up the building!

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

I'm using the World of Minecraft client.  It allows you to play the game without having to be in a browser.

supercolio
  • Location: Flying through the universe with my mighty jar of rasberry jam!

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:40 AM

Temple of Notch? The great X? Awesomeness?
Posted Image

Youssarian
    Youssarian

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Minecraft: Youssarian

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

Wow, melikes!
Please check out and comment on my blog: Youssarian's Minecraft Adventures

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

supercolio said:

Temple of Notch? The great X? Awesomeness?

I think I may go with Temple of Noth  :P

Homsar
    Homsar

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

Good idea, it has a good.... well, "thing" to it.

Temple of Notch FTW! :Notch:
When life gives you skittles, throw them a people and yell "TASTE THE FRIKKIN' RAINBOW!!"

Quote:"From one angle, it looks like a penis, but this is still genius."
This Quote is from: MCmaniac

JamesPwns

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:37 AM

Whoah, i can see the hours wasted!

Posted Image

Xakel
    Xakel

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 650 posts
  • Minecraft: Xakel

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

looks sweet. no ideas for a name, but i wouldnt mind seeing more pics when youve got the inside done.
"People don't change, they're changed by the actions of others."
"In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete, drawn only to be washed away."
"Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get me."

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:22 AM

Xakel said:

looks sweet. no ideas for a name, but i wouldnt mind seeing more pics when youve got the inside done.

Too bad I suck at interiors

uselessUnderminer

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

It looks like it would be an awesome library.
The Grand Library of Smebsio.

Homsar
    Homsar

Carpenter

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:44 PM

Im still going for The Temple of Notch. Maybe there should be a library room in it?

Its tottaly awesome.
When life gives you skittles, throw them a people and yell "TASTE THE FRIKKIN' RAINBOW!!"

Quote:"From one angle, it looks like a penis, but this is still genius."
This Quote is from: MCmaniac

Schmid211

Posted 30 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

daaaaam dude lol i can see how bored you were seriously :P

just imagine building that in survival mode and have like a shit load of creepers in there

:)  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :bookshelf:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:

:D
Posted Image

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:02 AM

Schmid211 said:

daaaaam dude lol i can see how bored you were seriously :P

just imagine building that in survival mode and have like a shit load of creepers in there

:SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:  :SSSS:

:D

Noooooooooooo not my building!  Anyway, the interior is partially done.  I finished the two wings, and the stair case as well.  I don't know if I should upload a video on it or just take a lot of pictures.

EDIT!  Pictures ADDED!   :Rose:  :P  :Lime:  :Orange:  :White:  :Teal:

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:58 AM

And here, the final project.

Posted Image

Here is the final main building.  Doesn't look much different, except for a few new trees and a different pathway.

Posted Image

And here is the ground floor.  A slightly different floor pattern, but I added decorations all on the sides.  i left the floor plan open to give it a moor awe-inspiring look.  It helps keep the floor open and allows the player to focus on the fountain in the middle, which is the prime piece of the room.

http://tinypic.com/r/2s6wugw/7
Here is the spider wing, the upper portion.  I gave it a dining room/kitchen feel.

Posted Image
Here is the little kitchen area.  The island in the middle gives it a nice open feel.  

Posted Image
The second level of the main building.  i turned it into a lounge/study/eating area.  Turned out pretty nice.  Again, keeping with the open feel of the building.

Posted Image
The view from the main dining table across the fountain to the hallway leading to the spider stairs.

And that's it!  It's been done for a while, but I hope you all enjoyed the building.  It look a little while to work on, and I started my second project, which is a big one..

The Notre Dame

Posted Image
At the present moment, the only thing done is the west side entrance (what you are looking at here)

pansarkurt

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

*slaps seal of awesome on this creation*

Posted Image

Youssarian
    Youssarian

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1086 posts
  • Minecraft: Youssarian

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

Can I get a download of this map's file perchance?
Please check out and comment on my blog: Youssarian's Minecraft Adventures

smb510
    smb510

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

I'm not the owner of the server I'm on, and it is on a world with a lot of other people's builds on it as well, and I also wouldn't know how to get or upload the file in the first place.  So, I might have to say "no" for now.