piston elevator

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

DaftasBrush

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

POPULAR

Here we go again.....

As always... Up & Down, Any Height, In a Car, SMP Compatible Piston Elevators
But these also have No Visible Redstone and the "Ultimate" Call Then Go control system

**Updated** New Mk7+ with Piston Doors, Arrival Chimes and Call Indicators
**Updated Again** New 1.8-friendly World Save which now includes a "Tutorial Zone"

Mk6: 1x1 car, 8x9 Footprint
Mk7: 2x1 car  10x12 Footprint
Mk7+ 2x1 car  10x13 Footprint, Piston Doors, Arrival Chimes, Call Indicators
Spoiler:

Updated World Download: 1.8 friendly World Save
Contains all my elevators so far, and the stuff from the tutorials.. go, look, learn... copy if you want.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

skate209

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:43 PM

looks cool
Posted Image[/url] [SSSS]

whofreak2010

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

This is a fantastic thing. Well done.

b0tkid
    b0tkid

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:08 PM

Awesome! I can't wait to try these out! :D

kenmario
    kenmario

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Location: Livin' in that cardboard box over there in the corner.
  • Minecraft: kenmario

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

Sweet!
Great designs, will try to look deeper into them. :)

Downloaded.
Gasped.
Replied.
Liked.
Posted Image
~Ken

YuriKahn
    YuriKahn

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1734 posts
  • Minecraft: YuriKahn

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

Cool...
However one problem with all your elevators: They are very jerky. You might want to look into a design that utilizes Notch's addition of "push player out of blocks they noclip into" to make a smoother ride.

View PostVechs, on 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Advance with courage and conviction.  Strike them down in the name of the God-Emperor and the Golden Throne of the Imperium.

jr175
    jr175

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:38 PM

wow you just make these elevators better everytime wonder when mk9/10 comes out +1 btw
Posted Image

infalen
    infalen

Carpenter

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

This is what I'm talking about.
Impressive.
NOP Everything - Cracking in a nutshell.

Keivten
    Keivten

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

Wow i absoultely love contraption. I've been thinking of if it would be possible to make elevators for a while now! Thanks for sharing!

FredUnderscoreSeven

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:25 PM

You sir, are a redstone genius.

Signatures are where words go. :)

DaftasBrush

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

View PostYuriKahn, on 05 September 2011 - 04:33 PM, said:

Cool...
However one problem with all your elevators: They are very jerky. You might want to look into a design that utilizes Notch's addition of "push player out of blocks they noclip into" to make a smoother ride.
I don't really see that as a problem...
My "thing" is Minecraft elevators like Real-Life elevators.. so something that carries you up and down .. and doesn't..
Crush you against a staircase or a solid block
Magically Teleport you by getting in and out of boats / minecarts
Have you stand on two platforms while they slide in and out under your feet
Force you to jump 100 stories into a puddle to get down.

I might do a "proper" patenoster at some point, but for now I'm liking the aesthetic of the free moving car...

wahkiz
    wahkiz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

omg daftas, just when I thought you have forgotten the elevators for the clocks, you are back with another awesome update to your elevators!

I must say your creations are the best, probably topping even ethos (which i greatly admire as well).

This got me thinking, since you have gained lots of ideas and experiences with piston transport in these elevators, how about improving the piston monorail design further? It was an excellent creation as well, but did not have a way to travel backwards once it reached the station.

Once again! Awesome stuff, I used your elevators in the server I played, and they work so brilliantly! Thanks for your effort.

SahnePudding88
  • Minecraft: SahnePudding88

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

u'r a real genius, liked :)

DaftasBrush

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

View Postwahkiz, on 06 September 2011 - 08:46 AM, said:

omg daftas, just when I thought you have forgotten the elevators for the clocks, you are back with another awesome update to your elevators!
Yeah, I was just taking a bit of a break from elevators.. still lots to do on the clocks, but I needed a break from them too... so...

View Postwahkiz, on 06 September 2011 - 08:46 AM, said:

This got me thinking, since you have gained lots of ideas and experiences with piston transport in these elevators, how about improving the piston monorail design further? It was an excellent creation as well, but did not have a way to travel backwards once it reached the station.
I never really "got" why you'd want a monorail.. since Minecarts already do a pretty good job of rapid and efficient horizontal transportation...

That said, I did some experimenting early on...  and came up with this..

Although I've never bothered developing it further.. 'cos.. Minecarts anyway, + My Elevators and Clocks and...

Pandusja100

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

epic
Posted Image

Razorshroud
  • Minecraft: Razorshroud

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:37 PM

Wow, very nice designs.  Maybe some future updates will provide more compact redstone methods?

zzzp2
    zzzp2

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Simply amazing.

Is it OK if I use this in my (private) server?

wahkiz
    wahkiz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:32 AM

Hey dafas, thanks for your reply!

Minecarts are awesome, but a monorail can have a few people riding in it at the same time, as opposed to minecarts. Also, monorails can be carrying stuffs along as well! xD

Btw I tried MK7, the new system is nice, but the first time i did not know it will automatically go up once it comes down and stays stationary for a few seconds. Would suggest maybe like 3 redstone torches to indicate when the elevator is about to go off. Like a count up thing 1..2..3. Go.

Just some of my opinions ;) Keep up the good work!

DaftasBrush

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:14 PM

View Postwahkiz, on 08 September 2011 - 03:32 AM, said:

Btw I tried MK7, the new system is nice, but the first time i did not know it will automatically go up once it comes down and stays stationary for a few seconds. Would suggest maybe like 3 redstone torches to indicate when the elevator is about to go off. Like a count up thing 1..2..3. Go.
I think that's something you'd only do once... I hope  :D
I thought the "Call THEN Go" signs were pretty clear..

That said, I think some indication that something is happening is a good idea.. so I added Call Indicators to it.. along with some other things...

MK7+ now with added Piston Doors, Arrival Chimes and Call Indicator

World Save and Schematics updated in the OP

RDaneel
    RDaneel

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

I've looked at a lot of these plans, and loaded some of the provided worlds, but I still can't quite figure this out. My problem is with the down side when you try to power only every other (vertical) block. There are then times when either of the two pistons could fire.   On the up side this doesn't seem to cause any problems, but on the down side, the wrong piston always fires (I think its the one on the bottom) and so the elevator doesn't move. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? (Obviously without powering every level)