• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Kifflom
    Kifflom

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

So I set up a basic GUI server with the Minecraft_Server.exe pack and played on that for awhile. I wanted to download one of the Wrappers but it didn't support GUI servers so I DLed the minecraft_server.jar and tried to open it as "java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui" in command prompt but it couldn't find it.

I found a tutorial on how to add things to your PATH value or whatever and thought I had figured it out but my command prompt still couldn't find it. I accidentally deleted the entire PATH value and now I can't remember what was there, and obviously it still can't find the minecraft_server.jar. Now my command prompt can't do anything.  :iapprove:

Could someone get me back to where I was (with a working command prompt) before I fucked everything up, or even better get me to where I can get my command prompt to find my minecraft_server.jar?

Register or log in to remove.

djive
    djive

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

This is my PATH with the \Java\jre6\bin; added for server.

Mind you yours many be different. I have an Nvidia card.

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;c:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
-----------------
-Answer to everything-
Search the forums
Google!
Developer Blog
Wiki