Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9016 posts
  • Minecraft: Deonyi

Posted Yesterday, 10:28 AM

I did all of the tools. I think they look a bit pale and pastel though, compared to the blocks. Although.. it would provide some interesting contrast (or lack thereof).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

eleazzaar
    eleazzaar

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 822 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:47 PM

View PostDeonyi, on 16 April 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

I did all of the tools. I think they look a bit pale and pastel though, compared to the blocks. Although.. it would provide some interesting contrast (or lack thereof).
Your wood and stone versions can be very hard to visually identify.
Posted Image

Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9016 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Hmmm... They all look rather pickaxe like. And the colour for the iron and stone is very similar. I actually had to re colour iron blocks to make them lighter. Before they used the same colour palette as stone. Although, I might make stone tools darker; more andesite like.

Posted Image

SharkyGAMER
    SharkyGAMER

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Minecraft: SharkyGAMER

Posted Yesterday, 01:07 PM

The head on the gold pickaxe looks too thin and they could all be a little brighter.
If you make the wood axe more axe like, that will solve a few problems.
Official Chroma Hills Server Moderator
Posted Image

eleazzaar
    eleazzaar

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 822 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:25 PM

Anybody having any success uploading packs to curse?
I haven't been able to update my pack since i started trying two days ago.

EDIT:  Nevermind, it worked this time.
Posted Image

SycloneSJS

Posted Yesterday, 02:43 PM

View PostGoodlyay, on 13 April 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I love it! It instantly made me think of "The Iron Giant."

AH well i'm rather fond of the Iron Giant so i just had to get some of him into my Golem it just had to be done  :D

View Postthecrazydudesrd, on 14 April 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

Syclone that golem is beastly.  Sleak design work and very richly detailed.

Cheers Crazy, took longer than i wanted but they are rather fun to have stomping round the lands i must admit :)

View PostDrazile12, on 15 April 2014 - 10:57 PM, said:

Experimental moon, inspired by Goodlyay. Try to ignore the slow world-generation in the image.

Well that's rather funky i like it :) :)

So a little more GUI from me, no more default book finally.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thank you for well over 1,000,000 downloads! Official Chroma Hills server IP Chromahills.net

Hoodoo
    Hoodoo

Redstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 571 posts
  • Minecraft: Hoodoo31

Posted Yesterday, 04:19 PM

Syclone, please stop posting. It ruins motivation and creativity in my heart :)

Posted Image

eleazzaar
    eleazzaar

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 822 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Posted Image

With my latest release, i've started an Ore Consistency Project. (not all of the above are included in that release)  This means simply that any Lithos-supported mods will use the same color for the same material.  For instance various mods use very different colors for tin, but Lithos will use precisely the same color scheme for tin stuff.

Have any of you who supports mods tried to do this?
Anybody think this is a bad idea?
Posted Image

Prohecy_Wrecker
  • Minecraft: Prohecy_Wrecker
  • Xbox:N/A
  • PSN:N/A (as of now)

Posted Yesterday, 05:10 PM

Spoiler:
I did once tried to do that for a few packs, but never really could find a clear definition of what would be best for each ore nad material type. But this isn't a bad idea as that would make it easier to support mods and give a more uniform appearance to the pack's support as a whole. But I do have a question who agrees that mithril (or mythril) is a shade of pale green and not a pink shade?
Dokucraft Fantasy
( use this as a starting point to jump onto my other stuff)

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4177 posts
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted Yesterday, 06:36 PM

View Posteleazzaar, on 16 April 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

With my latest release, i've started an Ore Consistency Project. (not all of the above are included in that release)  This means simply that any Lithos-supported mods will use the same color for the same material.  For instance various mods use very different colors for tin, but Lithos will use precisely the same color scheme for tin stuff.

Have any of you who supports mods tried to do this?
Anybody think this is a bad idea?

I've done that as well in my (not releaced) mod support addons for my pack. It aims to at the LEAST make all the ores work, as well as trees/wood. The basic common world gen stuff.

Posted Image

BlueCoin
  • Minecraft: BlueCoin

Posted Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Posted Image

I wish certain pixels wouldn't stretch when resizing font.  Edited out the few I saw, but now I see Y, f, and n are distorted.  Oh well.  Been using the font for awhile but just now added a slight gradient to it.
Before you hate on me for liking Terraria, check out Infiniminer.

eleazzaar
    eleazzaar

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 822 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 PM

View PostProhecy_Wrecker, on 16 April 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

I did once tried to do that for a few packs, but never really could find a clear definition of what would be best for each ore nad material type.
Sure, you pretty much have to make it up, I think every actual metal except for gold and copper (and alloys that contain one of those) are colorless, i.e. white-grey.  Of course impurities can change that, but there are multiple different impurities which make identifying a color to a metal in the real world all the more complicated.

View PostProhecy_Wrecker, on 16 April 2014 - 05:10 PM, said:

But I do have a question who agrees that mithril (or mythril) is a shade of pale green and not a pink shade?
Off the top of my head, i'd probably choose green over pink.
Posted Image

Goodlyay
    Goodlyay

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2522 posts
  • Minecraft: goodlyay

Posted Yesterday, 09:06 PM

View PostBlueCoin, on 16 April 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

I wish certain pixels wouldn't stretch when resizing font.  Edited out the few I saw, but now I see Y, f, and n are distorted.  Oh well.  Been using the font for awhile but just now added a slight gradient to it.

I didn't even know it was possible to re-size the font without the pixels all being multiplied by 100 percents.

And now a word from our sponsors!

"Sasquatch"

Welcome back!

Drazile12
    Drazile12

Obsidian Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1313 posts
  • Minecraft: The_Dragonoid12
  • Xbox:Get-A-PC

Posted Yesterday, 10:50 PM

View PostGoodlyay, on 16 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

I didn't even know it was possible to re-size the font without the pixels all being multiplied by 100 percents.
Paint.Net ftw

Posted ImagePosted Image

Goodlyay
    Goodlyay

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2522 posts
  • Minecraft: goodlyay

Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

View PostDrazile12, on 16 April 2014 - 10:50 PM, said:

Paint.Net ftw

It has nothing to do with paint.net. What I mean is that the game always re-sizes the font properly. I have no idea why it would do this on Bluecoin's font.

Whoops. I guess it was a problem with Bluecoin's method of re-sizing after all. With a font of that size, it should not be re-sized by the creator in the first place, because the game does it for you.

And now a word from our sponsors!

"Sasquatch"

Welcome back!

Deonyi
    Deonyi

Enderman Ender

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 9016 posts

Posted Today, 12:04 AM

View PostSharkyGAMER, on 16 April 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

The head on the gold pickaxe looks too thin and they could all be a little brighter.
If you make the wood axe more axe like, that will solve a few problems.

The gold pickaxe was supposed to be thin and dainty; more of a show piece than an actual mining tool.

I think I will make the axe more axey and the stone pickaxe less hoey and axey and more pickaxey.

BlueCoin: I also think the z is distorted a bit.

Posted Image

Prohecy_Wrecker

Posted Today, 01:01 AM

View Posteleazzaar, on 16 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

Sure, you pretty much have to make it up, I think every actual metal except for gold and copper (and alloys that contain one of those) are colorless, i.e. white-grey.  Of course impurities can change that, but there are multiple different impurities which make identifying a color to a metal in the real world all the more complicated.

Off the top of my head, i'd probably choose green over pink.
Yeah, I never did fully understand the choice of pink for mithril considering it's most likely appearance is a type of bronze (arsenic in nature, or a titanium alloy)
But on a semi-related tangent, what you think of these mithril swords?
Pink Mithril
Spoiler:

(My preferred choice)
Spoiler:

Dokucraft Fantasy

BlueCoin
  • Minecraft: BlueCoin

Posted Today, 01:03 AM

View PostGoodlyay, on 16 April 2014 - 09:06 PM, said:

In options there is multiplayer settings.  There you can adjust chat options.  I use 67% as that gives the least amount of distortion.  As for the actual font texture file, each pixel you see is an actual pixel, not a blown up one.
Before you hate on me for liking Terraria, check out Infiniminer.

eleazzaar
    eleazzaar

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 822 posts

Posted Today, 02:16 AM

View PostProhecy_Wrecker, on 17 April 2014 - 01:01 AM, said:

Yeah, I never did fully understand the choice of pink for mithril considering it's most likely appearance is a type of bronze (arsenic in nature, or a titanium alloy)
Traditionally (i.e. according to Tolkien) mithril is very similar to silver in appearance, though he never gave a hint as to what it was made out of. No doubt some fantasy writers borrowed the name, but changed the description and recipe.

What it should look like either depends on what source you are harking back to, or more practically, what metal colors haven't yet been used by your mod.
Posted Image

Prohecy_Wrecker

Posted Today, 02:39 AM

Well, mithril does exist in real life (But not with exactly the same properties) but as arsenic bronze, it was an allow made from using your standard bronze alloy materials, but they would use an arsenic laden ore, which after much refining and shaping, it caused the metal to take on a more palish green coloration. This alloy was much more superior to your standard bronze alloy, but thanks to the arsenic, it made the forging process a deadly one and it's use was put into antiquation.
the textures were made without a particular thought towards a mod, at the moment, at the moment, I'm working towards a personal project of mine (which might take forever), it'll take a while though, as I still need to brush up on my javascripts. here's an old mod request that I've never really posted here
https://www.dropbox....Mod_Request.txt
it's not all that polished, and I do plan on writing up a more proper interaction chart and a better way of tool tier upgrading

EDIT: I meant what did you think of the textures, I've whipped up?, I've also been working on two seperate packs, one for the Better Default Challenge and one for a D & D default style map that I've always wanted to do. Here's the D & D pack in it's beta stages, I do need feedback on how it looks as a whole, it's designed for a map and so it's not exactly vanilla compatible, altough I will work on the vanilla version when I finish the pack)

here's a dropbox link to the pack and the map that it was designed for (if you are using the map to see how the pack works, use version 1.7.4 and above)
https://www.dropbox....z8vz/Xj8FcUIU4n
Dokucraft Fantasy