• Please log in to reply
41549 replies to this topic

PopcornInsomniac

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostPlenty_of_Fish, on 18 January 2013 - 12:56 AM, said:

MUWAHAHAHA

I like redstone purply... pure red just "bugs me"

BTW it's purple, not pink.

If it has blue in it it can't be pink, only purple and light purple.

Pink is just desaturated red.

But anyways, thankyou!

I believe the hue you are both referring to is Magenta. Purple would be like obsidian or something, a hue closer to Blue than Red, but still within the range of Magenta.

Register or log in to remove.

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts
  • Minecraft: Taiine

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Glendale is now updated and ready for 1.5
Still a long way to go however. I think my next big thing is getting these darn mobs finished.

Posted Image

Plenty_of_Fish
  • Minecraft: Idk
  • Xbox:<:PS3

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Did some avatar work.

Before:
Posted Image

After:
Posted Image

Thoughts?

Visual_Argonian

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

@Fish

I like your terrifying avatar more

@Taiine

Why not do something like, say......
A Fusion of Flesh and Machinery, since your pack
does have Tekkit support, it would tie in well, no?
Posted Image

minihilly
    minihilly

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3394 posts
  • Minecraft: minihilly

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

Finally got a melon I'm just-about satisfied-enough to put in my pack, but still not-so-happy about. I can't seem to improve it, though; tips??

Also, fixed the pumpkin from previous suggestions:
Posted Image

Feel the melon doesn't flow quite-right with the rest of the pack. But it's getting pretty late, and I'm getting kinda rusty at this hour.
Imma keep for now, unless someone's got some great C&amp;C

:3

EDIT: Should I use that pumpkin as my new avatar??

Visual_Argonian

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

@Mini

Yes, especially since Christmas ended almost a month ago :P
Posted Image

minihilly
    minihilly

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3394 posts
  • Minecraft: minihilly

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostVisual_Argonian, on 18 January 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

@Mini

Yes, especially since Christmas ended almost a month ago Posted Image

Well, I've closed everythin' now, and it's 2am here...

It'll have to wait 'til tomorrow (if I remember)

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostVisual_Argonian, on 18 January 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

@Taiine

Why not do something like, say......
A Fusion of Flesh and Machinery, since your pack
does have Tekkit support, it would tie in well, no?

Flesh? Ew... and only one version has tekkit support, the default does not.

Posted Image

Moozipan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

I´ve got a problem with my emerald ore texture that I´ve tried to finish for 6 hours straight now. There is something on it that bothers me, but I just can´t put my finger on it. Maybe it´s an issue with the lighting, the shading, the shape or how it looks next to the other ores. Anyway, I would be really glad if somebody could point it out, because this block is quite important for my pack, since it´s the source for the fabulous rupees! Here is the texture:

Posted Image

I´m not even sure anymore if there really is a problem with the texture or it´s just my lack of sleep and maybe it has solved itself after I get up tomorrow, but by all means it´s worth a shot to post it here.

Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Just tested my pack with the 1.5 beta of MCPatcher, looks like CTM stuff for the time all works the same as it did before.

On that, I updated something that I had meant to update a long time ago.. and some how forgot.

Posted Image

Top is old, bottom is new. Can you guess what it is?

Posted Image

Leather armor (dyed blue :P) Feedback? Yes it's to look like a coat.

View PostMoozipan, on 18 January 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

I´ve got a problem with my emerald ore texture that I´ve tried to finish for 6 hours straight now. There is something on it that bothers me, but I just can´t put my finger on it. Maybe it´s an issue with the lighting, the shading, the shape or how it looks next to the other ores. Anyway, I would be really glad if somebody could point it out, because this block is quite important for my pack, since it´s the source for the fabulous rupees! Here is the texture:

Posted Image

I´m not even sure anymore if there really is a problem with the texture or it´s just my lack of sleep and maybe it has solved itself after I get up tomorrow, but by all means it´s worth a shot to post it here.

I can see one thing.

The light is coming from the upper left on all your ores, but the emerald seems to have a conflicting light source. a.k.a it's coming from top right, and top left. If you tried to make it 'glow on its self' then its not working.

One thing I'd recommend with your ores, is not make them into such a round cluster. Maybe make a few smaller clusters or have each ore bit be spaced out a bit more.

Posted Image

peytonisgreat
  • Minecraft: peytonigreat

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

Posted Image

The colors look good, but I have two suggestions on emerald.
1. Make it match the round bit style of the other ores, perhaps be slightly sharper than the others.
2. Make it more reflective and shiny.

Posted Image

So many old friends are gone.

Levaunt
    Levaunt

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 712 posts
  • Minecraft: Levaunt

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

It's too smooth I think, if you're going for a gem look. The shadows and highlights should have much sharper edges; and the highlight could be brighter as well, nearly white. The shape also seems odd, it looks more like a plant stem with that 'Y' shape, but that could just be me.
Posted Image
Twitter: @Levaunt

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3677 posts
  • Minecraft: 13thMurder

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

i was redoing grass... i have the most trouble with the simplest textures. i mean... grass, stone, anything that has to tile, yet have fine detail is insanely hard.

so, i came up with this, i was going for something more of a stringy moss than grass. but what do you think?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

kabonos
    kabonos

Void Walker

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1827 posts
  • Minecraft: kabonos

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostTaiine, on 18 January 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Nice sponge?

Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Postkabonos, on 18 January 2013 - 05:12 AM, said:

Nice sponge?

Nope. Try again. XD

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3677 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Just tested my pack with the 1.5 beta of MCPatcher, looks like CTM stuff for the time all works the same as it did before.

On that, I updated something that I had meant to update a long time ago.. and some how forgot.

Posted Image

the underside of mushrooms?

Posted Image

Taiine
    Taiine

Blaze Extinguisher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 4209 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

View Post13thMurder, on 18 January 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

the underside of mushrooms?
Nope again. XD

Posted Image

zeldahuman
  • Minecraft: zeldahuman
  • Xbox:PS3 is better!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Okay guys, since the new snapshot released today, and because I have no life, I decided to fiddle with Dinnerbone's "unstitcher" tool; which, if somehow you weren't aware yet, allows 1.4 texture packs to become compatible with the new 1.5 texture pack format.

The unstitcher relies on 2 .txt files, basically. These .txt files are blocks.txt and items.txt. The .txt files determine which "tile" in the terrain.png or items.png files (respectively) should be "assigned" to each file name. Here's a quick example:

0,0 - grass_top
1,0 - stone
2,0 - dirt
3,0 - grass_side

As you can see, first you have the x and y coordinates (in terms of tiles - new tiles being every 16 pixels by default), and then the name of the .png file it will become when you "unstitch" your texture pack.

Using this, you can place your textures in terrain.png and items.png virtually anywhere, so long as you edit the .txt files accordingly.

Here's my template terrain.png file as well as a customized "unstitcher" to accommodate for my changes to the tile order.

Spoiler: Customized Tile Order

So... yeah, enjoy! Posted Image

Posted Image

My guess is Endstone. :3

Also, glad to hear about the CTM, but I think I'm going to wait until 1.5 is out and the "author" of MCPatcher has completely worked out most of the bugs to continue with CTM work.. lol.

Posted Image

13thMurder
    13thMurder

Bloody Murderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • Curse Premium
  • 3677 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Post13thMurder, on 18 January 2013 - 04:49 AM, said:

i was redoing grass... i have the most trouble with the simplest textures. i mean... grass, stone, anything that has to tile, yet have fine detail is insanely hard.

so, i came up with this, i was going for something more of a stringy moss than grass. but what do you think?

Posted Image
Posted Image

i seriously do need advice on how to get grass right. am i anywhere close? (i noticed this was buried)

Posted Image

zeldahuman
  • Minecraft: zeldahuman
  • Xbox:PS3 is better!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

View Post13thMurder, on 18 January 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

i seriously do need advice on how to get grass right. am i anywhere close? (i noticed this was buried)
I think you're on the right track. It looks okay to me, but I do see a very minor, almost minuscule tiling error. Other than that marvelous work! :D

Posted Image