Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Texture Artists' Union

tau

  • Please log in to reply
41528 replies to this topic

#1

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:23 AM

*
POPULAR

LAST UPDATED: 12/16/2013

”Potestas plurium defendi quod nostrum.”



Now you can follow us on Planet Minecraft!


TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Notice(s) to the Union
Important News Items
Featured Texture Pack of the Week
Our Mission
How to Join/Criterion
Emblem Information
Posting Guidelines and Union Code of Conduct
Official Minecraft Unions’ Server
TAU User-submitted Compilation Texture Packs
Alternate Texture Community
Pack Reviews
Artist Interviews
Tutorials
Things to Come/Future Plans
Admins
Members
Alphabetized List of All Union Members
www.MinecraftUnion.net Information and Updates
Donations
Legal
Modders’ Union




Notice(s) to the Union:

PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT NEWS ITEMS BELOW

Important News Items:

NOTICE: Due to the inactivity of some of our admins, we may be opening some slots here soon. All updates can be found on our new site (listed above).


Archived News Items
Spoiler:



Featured Texture Pack of the Week (xx/xx/xx): MOVING TO www.VVarMachine.com

Spoiler:


Texture Pack of the Week Information:
Spoiler:


Our Mission:   
Spoiler:


How to join/criterion:
Spoiler:


Emblem Information:
Spoiler:


Posting Guidelines and Union Code of Conduct:
Spoiler:


Official Minecraft Unions’ Server:



TAU User-submitted Compilation Texture Packs:
Spoiler:


Alternate Texture Community:
Spoiler:


Pack Reviews:


Artist Interviews:


Tutorials:


Things to Come/Future Plans:
Spoiler:





Admins:
Posted Image



Spoiler:


Members:
Posted Image



Spoiler:


Alphabetized Links List of the Artists:
Spoiler:


www.MinecraftUnion.net information and updates:


Donations:
Spoiler:

Legal:
Spoiler:

Modders’ Union
Spoiler:


Supporters of this union that aren’t themselves texture artists, I have created a badge for you. If you want to show support, place this in your banner or signature.
Posted Image
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MCH36.png[/IMG]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

#2

Steelfeathers
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Steelfeathers

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Join us, comrades!

Make both our lives easier! Read the forum rules before posting.

Posted Image  Posted Image
"I love the textures, but why is everything so dark? I wish texture pack makers would make them brighter!"
"They're dark like my soul." -Thistle


#3

The Fiftyniner
  • Location: Pennsylvania
  • Minecraft: GHXpert59

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:27 AM

So I shall. Count me in to this, I guess.

Posted Image


#4

Spirituality
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Spirituality

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

Sure! Sounds like a good idea to keep texture artists together and in a loop. This sort of community "center" could come in handy sometime down the road.

I'm in. :)

#5

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:32 AM

View PostThe Fiftyniner, on 03 September 2011 - 05:27 AM, said:

So I shall. Count me in to this, I guess.

Glad to have you old chap!
Posted Image

#6

TheMirror
    TheMirror

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Location: Pushing top! Doing Roshan! I'm out.
  • Minecraft: TheMirror

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

-- Mirror has joined your party! --


Posted Image
Quote of the Day:  "If you think you're gonna snap, or be rude, here's an idea: Don't post." - Theevilpplz


#7

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

View PostSpirituality, on 03 September 2011 - 05:30 AM, said:

Sure! Sounds like a good idea to keep texture artists together and in a loop. This sort of community "center" could come in handy sometime down the road.

I'm in. :)

Sounds good. I am thinking that for everyone that joins, we may want a list of completed works with links, and I can include a spoiler for each person that has reference to their works from this central hub. Anyone agree or disagree with this idea?
Posted Image

#8

Steelfeathers
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Steelfeathers

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

View Postdrfrozenfire, on 03 September 2011 - 05:33 AM, said:

Sounds good. I am thinking that for everyone that joins, we may want a list of completed works with links, and I can include a spoiler for each person that has reference to their works from this central hub. Anyone agree or disagree with this idea?


Sure, that sounds good. It should be at the bottom though, so all the political and administrative stuff is seen first.

Make both our lives easier! Read the forum rules before posting.

Posted Image  Posted Image
"I love the textures, but why is everything so dark? I wish texture pack makers would make them brighter!"
"They're dark like my soul." -Thistle


#9

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

View Poststeelfeathers, on 03 September 2011 - 05:34 AM, said:

Sure, that sounds good. It should be at the bottom though, so all the political and administrative stuff is seen first.
Agreed! :)

I'll update the OP to include the references and a link for join requirements
Posted Image

#10

TheMirror
    TheMirror

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Location: Pushing top! Doing Roshan! I'm out.
  • Minecraft: TheMirror

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

We should use Tau of the Greek Alphabet as our symbol/coat of arms. (Texture Artist Union?)
frozen, that idea sounds brilliant.

Anywho, I'd go as far to make a small emblem to put in every post that links to this thread (I already do the centered and bold dealio, why not?).

If not that, then a spot in my hub. ( I need my skull signature. ;_; )


Posted Image
Quote of the Day:  "If you think you're gonna snap, or be rude, here's an idea: Don't post." - Theevilpplz


#11

Duru
    Duru

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 586 posts
  • Location: Israel
  • Minecraft: Dururaf

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

So, this is basically a representative body of Texturepack makers, to bargain with the site and Notch? Well I'm just a lowly contributor to the Dokucraft continuation, so I don't think I can join, but I sure do support this!

Posted Image


#12

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostTheMirror, on 03 September 2011 - 05:39 AM, said:

We should use Tau of the Greek Alphabet as our symbol/coat of arms. (Texture Artist Union?)
frozen, that idea sounds brilliant.

Anywho, I'd go as far to make a small emblem to put in every post that links to this thread (I already do the centered and bold dealio, why not?).

If not that, then a spot in my hub. ( I need my skull signature. ;_; )



I like it. I'd love to see what you sketch up :)
It should be something we all put in our signatures.
Posted Image

#13

Croco15
    Croco15

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 617 posts
  • Location: Behind you!
  • Minecraft: croco15

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:45 AM

Sounds like a great idea. Count me in!

Posted Image


#14

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

View PostDuru, on 03 September 2011 - 05:43 AM, said:

So, this is basically a representative body of Texturepack makers, to bargain with the site and Notch? Well I'm just a lowly contributor to the Dokucraft continuation, so I don't think I can join, but I sure do support this!
Exactly. :)

Read the OP, the entrance requirements are being updated as they are developed
Posted Image

#15

Duru
    Duru

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 586 posts
  • Location: Israel
  • Minecraft: Dururaf

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:52 AM

View Postdrfrozenfire, on 03 September 2011 - 05:46 AM, said:

Exactly. :)

Read the OP, the entrance requirements are being updated as they are developed

Ooh, I see it now. :o

What counts as a "compilation"? I've submitted a lot of Textures to the Dokucraft continuation, and they're viewable on the customizer page, but I don't have them compiled in any single place.

The pack is here though: http://www.minecraft... Saga Continues

Posted Image


#16

TheMirror
    TheMirror

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Location: Pushing top! Doing Roshan! I'm out.
  • Minecraft: TheMirror

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

Alright gents, I've made a piece of crap ten-second sketch of my proposal for the emblem/coat of arms.

Posted Image

A paintbrush crossed with a diamond pick (kinda typical, but hey, it's minecraft) with Tau in the middle.
How is it? Obviously we'd have to make a more refined version.

Ooh! I had an idea! Everyone has to make their own version of the emblem? o:
Like, it has to look the same but each member has to make it themselves.


Posted Image
Quote of the Day:  "If you think you're gonna snap, or be rude, here's an idea: Don't post." - Theevilpplz


#17

Steelfeathers
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Steelfeathers

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:58 AM

View PostTheMirror, on 03 September 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

Alright gents, I've made a piece of crap ten-second sketch of my proposal for the emblem/coat of arms.

Posted Image

A paintbrush crossed with a diamond pick (kinda typical, but hey, it's minecraft) with Tau in the middle.
How is it? Obviously we'd have to make a more refined version.

Ooh! I had an idea! Everyone has to make their own version of the emblem? o:
Like, it has to look the same but each member has to make it themselves.




I like the idea for the emblem. It does need to be cleaned up, though. :3

I think we should just have one that everyone uses. I know I personally don't want to have to go and make my own.

Make both our lives easier! Read the forum rules before posting.

Posted Image  Posted Image
"I love the textures, but why is everything so dark? I wish texture pack makers would make them brighter!"
"They're dark like my soul." -Thistle


#18

TheMirror
    TheMirror

    Nether Resident

  • Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Location: Pushing top! Doing Roshan! I'm out.
  • Minecraft: TheMirror

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:59 AM

View Poststeelfeathers, on 03 September 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

I like the idea for the emblem. It does need to be cleaned up, though. :3

I think we should just have one that everyone uses. I know I personally don't want to have to go and make my own.

Thanks!

Yeah, it would be a pain, lol.


Posted Image
Quote of the Day:  "If you think you're gonna snap, or be rude, here's an idea: Don't post." - Theevilpplz


#19

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

View PostDuru, on 03 September 2011 - 05:52 AM, said:

Ooh, I see it now. :o

What counts as a "compilation"? I've submitted a lot of Textures to the Dokucraft continuation, and they're viewable on the customizer page, but I don't have them compiled in any single place.

The pack is here though: http://www.minecraft... Saga Continues

I think that there will probably be special circumstances regarding remix artists and things of that nature... I'll have to get back to you. Is there any way you can compile your things into one place?

View PostTheMirror, on 03 September 2011 - 05:56 AM, said:

Alright gents, I've made a piece of crap ten-second sketch of my proposal for the emblem/coat of arms.

Posted Image

A paintbrush crossed with a diamond pick (kinda typical, but hey, it's minecraft) with Tau in the middle.
How is it? Obviously we'd have to make a more refined version.

Ooh! I had an idea! Everyone has to make their own version of the emblem? o:
Like, it has to look the same but each member has to make it themselves.



Dude, sounds awesome, and I think that is a good idea.
Posted Image

#20

drfrozenfire
  • Location: Valhalla
  • Minecraft: drfrozenfire

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:02 AM

View Poststeelfeathers, on 03 September 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

I like the idea for the emblem. It does need to be cleaned up, though. :3

I think we should just have one that everyone uses. I know I personally don't want to have to go and make my own.


View PostTheMirror, on 03 September 2011 - 05:59 AM, said:

Thanks!

Yeah, it would be a pain, lol.



I think I should put a poll regarding this and see what people think.

Edit: Poll is up and running :)

Edited by drfrozenfire, 03 September 2011 - 06:06 AM.

Posted Image