ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts
  • Minecraft: ocomobock

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

POPULAR

Please read:

This isn't a SkyBlock ripoff. I was working on Sky Conqueror for about two months before I released it, and this was released before SkyBlock anyway. I initially didn't want this to look like a typical sky survival map, rather a map where it's essentially survival but with your main materials divided into separate islands.

Sky Conqueror, Date created: August 30, 2011.
SkyBlock, Date created: September 4, 2011.

Posted Image

Big thanks to Taiine for helping me out with this map almost ever since I posted it!

Click here for southpaw3687's full playthrough of the map. If you don't feel like playing the map or something you can use his videos to see what the ending is like.

I used the skylands map to make this, so if you end up seeing little floating islands off in the distance, please don't go to them. They're just remains from the other map. You can find Skylands here.

And if you actually go to The End, you'll get useful stuff in chests, which just makes everything even easier. (don't follow the eye of ender if you throw it, it leads you to the wrong stronghold. the stronghold is at the end of the map)

The normal world

Spoiler:

The Nether

Spoiler:

The End

Spoiler:

More stuff

Spoiler:

Downloads

Spoiler:

I'm just a guy

Register or log in to remove.

The_Fear
  • Minecraft: Ruler_Fish

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:06 AM

I like this idea. I'm gonna try it out :)
Do you ever wonder how precious memories are Haseo? When we look back, all that exists is a nostalgic joy. In a place where there is no regret, or fear, you just let yourself float in the happiness that is all around you. - Ovan, .Hack//G.U. Vol. 3

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

View PostThe_Fear, on 31 August 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

I like this idea. I'm gonna try it out :)
I'm just a guy

Matheusfx

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:36 AM

None of my friends are online to play this map with me :/ I want to play it in multiplayer xD

HoneyDroppings
  • Minecraft: HoneyDroppings

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:21 AM

View PostMatheusfx, on 31 August 2011 - 12:36 AM, said:

None of my friends are online to play this map with me :/ I want to play it in multiplayer xD

Want to Play on my on my Server? :3 Pm me your Username And I'll Whitelist you

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

So, what do you guys think of this map? I've gotten 41 downloads, but nobody has said anything.

To anyone who REALLY wants to know where the secret things are in the squares, click on the spoilers. It gives coordinates to all of the secret places in the squares. It's more fun if you find it out yourself, though.

Spoiler:

EDIT 3 MONTHS LATER: This is outdated, don't try this unless you're on a earlier version.
I'm just a guy

f0rt
    f0rt

Carpenter

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:22 PM

wow this looks awesome the first map ive seen like this going to play it tonight.
Posted Image

Yawinsum
    Yawinsum

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Minecraft: yawinsum

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

Am I supposed to get infinite items every time I pick up a block?  Only mod I have is single player commands.

Posted Image

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

View PostYawinsum, on 31 August 2011 - 08:33 PM, said:

Am I supposed to get infinite items every time I pick up a block?  Only mod I have is single player commands.
No.. Sorry about that. That wasn't supposed to happen. I probably had that setting on, and forgot to turn it off. Just reset everything if you're gonna play.

Thanks for telling me. If there's anything else wrong with the map, I'd like to know. I'll fix that right now though.
I'm just a guy

pandaman070

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

Ill try this out. Seems interesting, :D
*Why shoot it when you can blow it up?*

Nargarawr

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Looks pretty unique! I look forward to giving it a go! :)
Posted Image

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:38 PM

Okay, I fixed it, and this is the one you're supposed to use. Sorry for all the trouble, guys.

http://www.mediafire...2p8dezdgu7tfb7f

Also, I never mentioned this, but there's a huge wall of stone and lava and tons of other stuff at the very end. At this point, you can do whatever you want. Here's a picture of it:

Posted Image

Also, it takes forever to build to the square after the flower square. Make sure you're ready once you build towards the next one.

Thanks a lot for the feedback though, guys. I appreciate it a lot.

EDIT on October 15, 2011: If you're looking at this picture now, that huge wall isn't in the latest versions of this map.
I'm just a guy

Yawinsum
    Yawinsum

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Minecraft: yawinsum

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:36 PM

View Postocomobock, on 31 August 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

Okay, I fixed it, and this is the one you're supposed to use. Sorry for all the trouble, guys.

http://www.mediafire...2p8dezdgu7tfb7f

Not a Problem.  Thank you for fixing it quickly so I can play this cool looking map :).

Posted Image

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:23 PM

I just noticed that there aren't any pumpkins in this map. I wish I realized that before.. I'll add pumpkins in the flower square today.

If anyone notices that there is a missing material, please tell me. I can easily put it in the map, and it would make the map better.
I'm just a guy

The_Fear
  • Minecraft: Ruler_Fish

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

Great map so far :D

My bunker for the first night/day:

Posted Image

The bridge over the the next plateau:

Posted Image

Found the massive clay sphere :P

Posted Image

And my second night shelter:

Posted Image

Leaves actually make a good material, they're see through and work well as windows. just watch out for creepers :P
Do you ever wonder how precious memories are Haseo? When we look back, all that exists is a nostalgic joy. In a place where there is no regret, or fear, you just let yourself float in the happiness that is all around you. - Ovan, .Hack//G.U. Vol. 3

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

View PostThe_Fear, on 01 September 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

Great map so far :D

My bunker for the first night/day:

-snip-

The bridge over the the next plateau:

-snip-

Found the massive clay sphere :P

-snip-

And my second night shelter:

-snip-

Leaves actually make a good material, they're see through and work well as windows. just watch out for creepers :P
That's really awesome. It's cool to see what people have done with my map. It doesn't look like you had much trouble on your first night, too.
I'm just a guy

egesagin

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

Great idea man, really! I'll wait until you add the pumpkins though. And tbh I hate maps with random ores without veins, that's unrealistic. Yeah i't good to make it hard to survive but to blindly mine through whole chunks to get ores is kinda boring. That killed my fun in Desert Oasis survival, but still I'll give it a shot :)

Gdarthvader

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:40 AM

Looks very nice! :lol:

dillpickle12345

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:53 AM

im gonna use this in a lp is tht ok

ocomobock
    ocomobock

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2191 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:02 AM

egesagin - Thanks a lot. And yeah, I hate those types of maps too, and I realize people don't like them. The easiest way to put ores in a map is to use a simple command, but it would take forever to add patches of ores. I'll probably do it sometime, but I don't know how. If you have any suggestions on how to add patches of ores easily into the map, please tell me. I'm clueless as to how I should do that.

Gdarthvader - Thanks. :D

dillpickle12345 - That would be great. You can definitely do that. I feel very special that you probably made your account to respond to this thread.
I'm just a guy