• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Failed to Launch: Fatal error occured (4)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

NeO_Obsidian

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

PROBLEM FIXED

Hey there,

Since last night, I have had a problem launching Minecraft. It started when I could not connect to any multiplayer server, and so I deleted the .minecraft folder (I had modded some stuff) and tried again. But now, every time I try to launch the game,, I get the same error when it tries to download it again:

Failed to launch
Fatal error occurred (4): Address family not supported by protocol family: connect

I have updated all of my drivers, I have reinstalled Java, I have restarted my computer, and I have searched around the forum and Google and found nothing. Nothing has changed about my computer, so I don't know why it has stopped working.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you have an answer :P

Register or log in to remove.

jhonwds
    jhonwds

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Minecraft: jhonwds

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

Try completely reinstalling minecraft  :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Helped? Click the + button to show your appreciation!

Exodor
    Exodor

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

Hmm... Doo You Got Texturepacks? if you doo remove them. and try.. that normaly happends too me.
Posted Image ItssSsss What I Doo. Your Friend.
-The Creeper

NeO_Obsidian

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Try completely reinstalling minecraft

Hmm... Doo You Got Texturepacks? if you doo remove them. and try.. that normaly happends too me.

That's what I'm trying to do at the moment.. I don't even have a .minecraft folder... When I try to run the game, obviously it tries to download Minecraft fresh, but it gives this error. Also, because of this, I couldn't possibly have any texture packs installed at the moment :S

NeO_Obsidian

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:36 PM

I really am running out of ideas here :S

Faber160
    Faber160

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

I'm having the same problem. The error first occurred when I tried to join a server. I thought it was caused by some of the mods I had installed so I deleted the bin folder. The launcher then prompted me with the same error so I deleted my whole .minecraft folder. Now when I try to download the Minecraft jars it prompts me with "Failed to launch Fatal error occurred (4): Address family not supported by protocol family: connect"

Edit: I force updated Minecraft and it downloaded the jars. But I am still receiving an error when I try to connect to any server. The error is as follows: "Internal client error: java.net.SocketException: Address family not supported by protocol family: connect"

okal
    okal

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3497 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

This error is coming up a bit recently, what AV/Firewall software do you guys have?
Have you tried temporarily disabling it?
Do a search here on 'winsock' for one possible fix.

NeO_Obsidian

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:29 PM

View PostFaber160, on 30 August 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I'm having the same problem. The error first occurred when I tried to join a server. I thought it was caused by some of the mods I had installed so I deleted the bin folder. The launcher then prompted me with the same error so I deleted my whole .minecraft folder. Now when I try to download the Minecraft jars it prompts me with "Failed to launch Fatal error occurred (4): Address family not supported by protocol family: connect"

That's exactly what happened to me.... I even tried using the Spoutcraft launcher, and that gets me in, but I still can't connect to anything (same error).

Faber160
    Faber160

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:34 PM

View Postepikal, on 30 August 2011 - 05:29 PM, said:

This error is coming up a bit recently, what AV/Firewall software do you guys have?
Have you tried temporarily disabling it?
Do a search here on 'winsock' for one possible fix.
I am using avast as my antivirus and the default Windows Firewall. I disabled avast and the firewall but it still gave the same error message. I already attempted to use the winsock fix and it had no effect. Here is a link to the fix that I tried Winsock

Faber160
    Faber160

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

If anyone has a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated as this is starting to get really frustrating.

Faber160
    Faber160

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

I fixed the problem by installing the winsock fix and deleting a spyware program I had installed called RelevantKnowledge. If you're having this problem look in the Task manager for a program called "rlvknlg.exe"

NeO_Obsidian

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

View PostFaber160, on 30 August 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

I fixed the problem by installing the winsock fix and deleting a spyware program I had installed called RelevantKnowledge. If you're having this problem look in the Task manager for a program called "rlvknlg.exe"

Sir, I could kiss you. That worked perfectly! I have no idea what that stupid RelevantKnowledge is, but getting rid of it worked! Thanks :D

Jallar4
    Jallar4

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: Jallar4

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

View PostFaber160, on 30 August 2011 - 06:50 PM, said:

I LOVE YOU.............now all we need to do now is figure out what is this Relevant knowledge is.....its clearly a danger to the minecraft community.

Posted Image

THIS IS AN IMAGE OF A SCAN ON MY SYSTEM WHICH CLEARLY SHOWS THAT WE GOT INFECTED WITH ADWARE.

RestartV2

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

Yea i got it right after i downloaded MySql But thats to you i fixed it =D!

NakedKitten

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thank you good sir!

At first, I tried deleting it straight up. With Task manager, but then I knew I had to download Malwarebytes again... Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! :DDDDDDD

Crabshack

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:32 AM

If you check the properties of the prosses you realize the developer or signer of the product is TMRG inc http://www.tmrginc.c...hcommunity.aspx

Crabshack

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:34 AM

Nvm that go here http://www.relevantk....com/About.aspx

miguemely

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Ok i have posted this on many minecraft sites...This helped alot........i have a fix because i can trace who made this "spyware knowledge" and made sure he doesnt do this ever again(I hope a DDOS from the police shut him down)

ChristophLHR

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

Omg thx

StarVision

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:54 AM

thank you so much :iapprove: :rolleyes: